Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadow Phoenix

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Words cannot describe how infatuated I am with this show. Not for any one reason, it's just really fun to watch.

It's about the smart loner unicorn Twilight Sparkle (yes, you can laugh) who realizes that the pony of night, Nightmare Moon is about to escape from her lunar prison. Princess Celestia ignores this and sends her to Ponyville with her baby dragon companion Spike to make friends. (She was supposed to go to Fillydelphia, but the studio didn't like the name :P) So she meets other cool ponies, learns about friendship and has fun times. It somehow works really well. The animation is top-notch and I'm really enjoying the design. Fine voicework, too. It's produced by Lauren Faust, who worked on FHFIM, Powerpuff Girls and The Iron Giant. It's never too sappy or cliched, just really entertaining. Surprising levels of snarkiness too.

You can watch it here officially or check on the usual DL/video sites. A merchandise driven show doesn't make its money from ad revenue, so Lauren doesn't mind.

And now you know why I've been PMing pony macros to most people since January. I will never ever run out of them.

Guest MasterBlade

My little... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!? I REFUSE THAT SHOW'S EXISTENCE!  >:0

I mean seriously. Pony fairies, pony princesses, pony villagers, but where's the armored pony of the middle ages? Nowhere.  :/

The lead animator is the same one who did the Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? That might help explain why I'm so infatuated with the animation and artwork. Dear god, I find myself actually enjoying this. I have the worrying! But also, I have the liking.

I mean seriously. Pony fairies, pony princesses, pony villagers, but where's the armored pony of the middle ages? Nowhere.  :/

*ahem* Let's see about that.

mlpfim_ep0107.png

Smexy pegasus chariot boys...*purr*

266px-Nightmaremoon.png

Nightmare Moon, seconds before badassery (that fight scene <3)

il_fullxfull.98667790.jpg

And an older pony toy because armour isn't new.

This wasn't an excuse to image dump, oh no :P

Guest MasterBlade

Unicorn, dragon, two Pegasus, and a dark unicorn Pegasus. 404, pony with armor not found.  :)

Though I gotta agree with Sky, I love that animator's work.  :D

e9c8ff6bd2592ceeab9e4b599e0b1a44.gif

No wonder there's so few posts at the moment!

Unicorn, dragon, two Pegasus, and a dark unicorn Pegasus. 404, pony with armor not found.  :)

[srspnybiz]Trust me, the Pegasus boys are wearing armour. Not what historical warhorses did, they only have to worry about mouth/hoof-held weapons and magic. And it's peacetime, so they're really not ready for a fight.

"Stand back, you foals!" *ZAP*

I don't think Equestrians are ever ready for fights :3 Nightmare Moon's helm looks painted-on, but it's breakable. Besides, she has mystic STFU blasts.[/srspnybiz]

But I admit the lack of epic pony battle armour. We can ask Rarity to whip some up, kay? :D

Guest Fureon

A... Are you for real?

My Little Pony?! Out of ALL animated titles out there... MY LITTLE PONY?!

hey. theres those non animated Disney shows now and as for animated. . . they made fanboy and chumchum so don't complain

= _ = i had to watch things to determin which shows are kid friendly to a overly paranoid mother  who doesn't not trust me still because of my awesome hair

she thinks ima punk rocker when i look nothing like one,  trust me she is the true whitey mc knows nothing stereotype mother

(who else things that any color red or sag pants is gangster? or takes advice from everything on TV paparazzi )

It was probably the older series that GAoBM referenced, since it ended before this series started.

A... Are you for real?

My Little Pony?! Out of ALL animated titles out there... MY LITTLE PONY?!

I'z totally serious. Anyone who disagrees hasn't seen FiM yet and needs to watch 1-4, minimum. On the level system, you're at Gilda:

1297008664293.png

Guest TashkentFox

I used to pull the hair out of the girls My Little Ponies at school.

I have never watched My Little Pony before, at all, but I do like Powerpuff Girls and to some extent Foster's so I'll give it a shot.

Netflix, here I come!

EDIT: Well Netflix didn't have it, but I still watched the first episodes and I gotta say, this is a really great show! I definately love the story and characters. The constant girly talk is the only downside. This show needs more male characters other than Spike. (I think that was his name :thinking: )

insomnia-(n1290620673218).jpg

Seriously, I don't know why I'm still awake. It's the only explanation.

I am now utterly and hopelessly addicted to this show. Today I caught myself carefully selecting the best picture of Pinkie Pie to use as the wallpaper for my iPhone. Someone help me.

Guest MasterBlade

:panic: :panic: :panic:  Good lord, its the dragons all over again!  :panic: :panic: :panic:

Guest hebi-chan

Oddly enough recenly at a party my friends sat me down and forced me to watch this, and all in all it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.

Guest Music_Fox

yeah...right now I think I'm somewhere between rarity and rainbow dash on the scale. I feel as though I may be slowly transitioning to fluttershy, however.

Whenever I click on the demographics viewer for episodes, I always see "male 18-24" as one of the top viewing age/gender groups. I'll find out soon enough why that is so.

Guest Jebin Zedalu

Pfffft. My Little Pony? Ridiculous.

ohgodwhycantistopwatchingthis

From what I've seen, it's cheesy and cliche'd as hell.

fluttershyissoflippingadorableandiloveapplejackspersonality

And is EVERY character a girl? Sheesh.

bigmacintoshisfrickingbadassandspikeisadorablearrrrgh

Seriously. Ugh.

Personally, the 90's cartoons are best. They advanced past the old style song-filled cartoons, but not so far as to enter the stupidity era of cartoons. Back then, cartoons were made for everyone to enjoy. Nowadays, I think they focus only on children.

Anyways, I think I'm in the Applejack area. I love this show, but I still think it needs more male characters. Other than that, it's flawless and addicting.