Gone

Why did you/want to be a furry?

Haha, funny story to that.

Art class in highschool, did an assignment about transformation. So while other students did butterflies, and such, I chose mutha flippin' werewolves!!!

Ended up on the transformation story archive. And the interactive stories archive.

Wow. Then I found, vcl. Yes. Vixen Controlled Library.

At some point I found some therian website. Didn't feel connected to it.

Then found furries.

Guest Scout Marten

I find it to be very natural and i follow my gut most of the time.sorry if i sound stupid in my brief moment of whatever it was i was doing.

I find it to be very natural and i follow my gut most of the time.sorry if i sound stupid in my brief moment of whatever it was i was doing.

Welcome to your doom FurMorphed!

I'm sure a lot of us became furries that way.

I know I did.

Hah, I'm a bit late to the party, but I'll answer this one.

In high school I read a book called "Song in the Silence" that featured a female main character going to a sort of mythical island. *Spoilers Ahead* The fruit on the island was to be gathered and sold and she was trying to make money for her family by going on the journey. Turns out the island is home to a race of dying dragons and one of them feels connected to her. Long story short one of the dragons ends up becoming Human to marry her and over the next 2 books they restore life to the dying dragon tribe. There was a brief section though where everything was changed around and she became a dragon to live with him. For some reason this pique'd my interest and I started wondering just what being different things would feel. This ranged from animals to mythical beasts and it kind of just built upon itself until suddenly furry.

I didn't choose to be furry, furry chose me!

More seriously though, it all began one beautiful summer day. I was about to start 7th grade. I was searching images to study hand anatomy (which I still suck!). Then I found a site called Draw furry, which made me curious about furries and fursonas. Few searches later I found FA and then I started to identify myself as a furry. Even though I have been furry for some years now, I made my first serious fursona, that I now develop and polish, only two years ago.

E: late night grammar fixes.

Edited by Palelija
  • Like 1

I didn't choose to be furry, furry chose me!

More seriously though, it all began one beautiful summer day. I was about to start 7th grade. I was searching images to study hand anatomy (which I still suck!). Then I found a site called Draw furry, which made me curious about furries and fursonas. Few searches later I found FA and then I started to identify myself as a furry. Even though I have been furry for some years now, I made my first serious fursona, that I now develop and polish, only two years ago.

E: late night grammar fixes.

Going off on a tangent, but I'm about to explode from glee right now; I never realized that there was still a way that I could visit drawfurry. I only went there once, before I was even really into the fandom.
  • Like 1

I don't know exactly, it just started out with me and my brother playing imaginary games in the yard when I was 6, eventually we started drawing our characters, and over the progression of a year my characters took on the form of Anthros...In 2013 when I found the fandom, I thought I just fit right in. :)

I became a furry because I like animals and always dreamed of being an animal and after seeing how messed up the human species is and how most of the human species works, there are some people/communitys I don't mind being around but for most of the people I have to deal with every day I don't want to be around them. I don't want to be a part of humanity anymore.

Edited by Riku

Why did I want to be a furry? That's an interesting question...

At first it was merely a desire to be something different, something more then 'just' a human. That was from whenever I can remember to about a year ago. 

Now though? Well, I've realised that merely being human is incredible. The bodies we are gifted with can do amazing things, even if the lack of fur/scales is annoying.

The thing which makes being human worthwhile though, is our minds. We can create companions, build an entire world in our heads, and even feel like something else. I guess that's why I joined this site. To see what our minds are capable of.

And Lizards are awesome. That too. =P 

Edited by Nano

It honestly just sounded fun to me. Though, people who are more than 50% feral confuse me because going feral seems more like a relaxation kinda thing than an all the time thing.

I always though humans are rather ugly and boring, animals are so much cuter and interesting though my being therian   has to do with a lot of pain caused by people in my life where as animals are somewhat consistent and loving in nature mostly lol

I wanted to be a furry to be allowed the ability to imagine what we wish we could be in reality.  To me being a furry allows an opportunity for self expression through a form of imagination and work.  

i think i did thanks to art somehow - because of others' works i realize that there is something like furries. I don't even remember when it was, but i was quite small then. I was so fascinated in it and the older i became the better that stuff was for me, but i still rather amateur in being furry ;)

It all started from the age of around 7. I started watching loads of cartoons involving anthros (furries) and got more and more into them. Then around the age of 11 or 12 I kinda drifted away from the shows, but I still found furries awesome, usually more than humans, and at this point I wanted to be one too. Then for a long time I kinda just went on like that, not really realising there was a community for furries. Then that all changed around 5 months ago  ^_^ . While browsing the internet, I discovered that there was a whole community/culture for furries  ^_^ . I got more and more involved with the art, web comics, forums and one thing led to another and now I'm here!

I woke up one morning and said... "Well, today's the day I become a furry!" :D

...but seriously. I've always had a fascination with transformation into an animal, so that lead me to the fandom, which lead me to realize I'm not straight, which lead me to realize I didn't agree with the faith I was brought up with... Being furry changes you, dude. :P

I've wanted the power of transformation for as long as I can remember, and after finding furry artists who draw transformation, I've gotten more and more interested in other aspects of the fandom until boom, I'm furry. ^^

• Like 1

It mainly happened when I was browsing through the internet one day. People making jokes about furries or hating them got me curious as to what a furry was. I always had an interest in animal anthropomorphism, and I just found that one day, I was furry. It makes me happy to be with people who would not judge me for how I feel about these subjects.