Sign in to follow this  
Christa Mactire

The Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Guest TashkentFox   
Guest TashkentFox

Tears of anger or sadness?

Tears of sadness.

For a long time I honestly thought someone was out to get me by spoiling everything I enjoyed. The only opportunity the series had for a dignified return was the 1996 feature length pilot with Paul McGann, after that failure they should have left it alone to rest in peace.

In a perfect world, the TV movie would have been a success, and Doctor Who would make it's triumphant return in 1998 with McGann returning as the Doctor and India Fisher as Charley Pollard. New episodes would air every year up until 2001, at which point the series would take a break and have three special episodes dealing with Charley's departure and Lucy's arrival. The third, in which the Daleks try to invade Earth and end up destroying some important landmarks, would be originally scheduled to air the fifteenth of September, but then would be heavily rewritten and moved to the third of November 2001 because of 9/11. Two years with Lucy brings us to 2003, at which point there's another gap, this time dealing with the Time War. McGann regenerates into Eccleston at Christmas 2003, and new episodes with Nine and Rose begin in spring 2004. In 2007, Eccleston regenerates into Tennant, who stays on until 2011, at which point Matt Smith arrives, stays for four years, then is replaced by Benedict Cumberbatch, who stays until 2019, then he is replaced by Derek Jacobi as the thirteenth and final Doctor. Jacobi stays for four years, and Doctor Who as a television program concludes in 2023, 60 years after it began.

Guest Reaperwolf   
Guest Reaperwolf

I'm slowly catching up on the Doctor. Midway through season 5 now, should be caught up fully in time for the new season. Whee!

Guest Reaperwolf   
Guest Reaperwolf

Yeah. I watched the Weeping Angels episodes day before yesterday, and then. . . what came right after that. *thinks* Oh right, Venice. Watched Venice last night. Will probably watch another episode tonight, maybe two. I'm kinda flipping between wanting to watch it all right away, and wanting to stretch it to last me until the new season starts. I do have plenty of other series to catch up on, though. Sanctuary, Haven, Lost Girl. . . so much to watch, so little time.

Guest Reaperwolf   
Guest Reaperwolf

My favorite so far has to be Blink. Creepy and win.

Something I found that I thought was pretty cool. Apparently someone made it for the 6 year anniversary of the revival.

Ah well, I'll bite. I just hope they don't come out with some kind of complete set afterward with bonuses and such.