Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christa Mactire

The Doctor Who Discussion Thread

350 posts in this topic

I didn't understand a single word of that Shadow. And I have a hefty book on space-time.

Real science + Whoniverse science + Evangelion science with plenty of simplifying. It's a story of

emotion. People can't let go of the past. This makes time travel easy to abuse. Moving on is harder when time can't push you forward. If an angry, traumatized person could create a place where the past and future both exist simultaneously without any loss, they just might. The end is the Doctor not stopping this from happening because he knows it gets resolved and moving on.

My idea stretches out over a full season.

In episode one, the Doctor gains a new companion and a new enemy, a race of bipedal wolf creatures (with the ability to shapeshift from wolf to human and back again) called Lykosians, of whom only a few are left. At the end of the season, the Doctor's companion reveals that

The Alpha, (the leader of the Lykosian race) who has been missing since episode one, is actually him. The companion then says that he only traveled with the Doctor to gain his trust, then reveal himself and imprison the Doctor so he can't get in the way when they fly to Earth with the intent of transforming all 6 billion people into Lykosians at once, allowing the race a fresh start. The Doctor is dragged into a cell, where he is kept for several days and given only bread and water. The Alpha then summons the Doctor to his den, where he promises the Doctor his freedom in exchange for the secrets of time travel, so they can grow their own TARDISes and conquer the rest of the universe. Naturally, the Doctor refuses, and the Alpha attacks him. In the ensuing battle he is bitten, and after somehow defeating the Alpha he staggers back to the TARDIS, trying to keep himself from transforming. The last shot of the episode is a closeup of the Doctor as he lays on the TARDIS floor, looks up, and growls at the viewer.

You've basically ripped off The War Games, Patrick Troughton's last story.

I'm not as deeply immersed in Doctor Who as other people, so I'm sure something along these lines has already been done, but I'll happily give it a shot. Cue black spoiler lines!

The Doctor and his companion explore a rather remote planet, whose dominant species has not yet made contact with another alien civilization. They arrive to find the planet divided over the issue of mysterious flashes that were seen in the night sky. One major religious faction believes that they are an omen of the coming of a celestial being who will deliver them into a new, glorious age; the other claims that the being is an evil demon, who seeks to destroy their world. The Doctor makes contact with the aliens, and the followers of one group regard him with wonder and respect, while the other group cries out for his death before he can destroy the world. The Doctor tries to assure the aliens that his intentions are peaceful, but at that moment a rift in space opens over the planet, and destructive blasts begin to rain down upon the planet. The inhabitants are terrified, and the Doctor is taken away to be executed despite his protests.

The companion follows, and searches for a way to save the Doctor. They come across the leader of the cult that believed that the Doctor's presence would bring about the end of the world. On a giant screen the leader is communicating with a Dalek, believing it to be "an Oracle of great and mysterious power," and the Dalek is assuring them that the Doctor is indeed the evil being of which it had foretold, and must be executed immediately. The companion runs to and finds the Doctor, who is being led to his execution. The Doctor looks up and recognizes Dalek ships in the sky, and together he and the companion try to tell the aliens that this is all a plot by the Daleks to have the Doctor killed. Many of the aliens are skeptical, and they debate the issue shortly before the leader of the cult pushes forward and takes it upon himself to kill them both. Suddenly, a massive bolt from one of the Dalek ships destroys a nearby building and distracts the aliens long enough for the companion to grab the Doctor and run. They make it to the TARDIS amidst the panic, and escape as the Daleks continue to ravage the surface of the planet. The Doctor hold his head in his hands, and blames himself for not having saved any of the aliens when they had the chance.

That could use some tweaking and development, but ultimately I don't think it's so bad.

All those black stripes makes me feel like I'm watching censored nudity or something  o.O

All those black stripes makes me feel like I'm watching censored nudity or something  o.O

You're watching something much more dangerous and mind-boggling. Campy sci-fi!

I heard about this at work today. Sad times, indeed.

Actually I find that I like both the old an the new.  they both have their points both good and bad, but each was a fun ride and honestly I prefer the radio drama better than the whole tv thing anyway, my dad used to play whole radio eps in the truck on long trips.

Actually I find that I like both the old an the new.  they both have their points both good and bad, but each was a fun ride and honestly I prefer the radio drama better than the whole tv thing anyway, my dad used to play whole radio eps in the truck on long trips.

You mean the Big Finish CD productions?

No i mean the episodes put out on radio as well as tv some of the earliest were that way and my dad got em on tape somehow, and yes I do like the big finish ones too but Im a sucker for full cast audio stuff.

You've basically ripped off The War Games, Patrick Troughton's last story.

Have I? Interesting, considering I haven't seen it yet.

i personally love doctor who both generations but sadly i can't find to many episodes easily of the first 7 regenerations i think it was how ever i am only enjoying the drama recently in the newer shows and cliff hangers to each episode make me wanna see alot more,instead of the 1 time episodes i sometimes saw or the 3 part episodes sadly,BUT i will say both sets are unique due to the doctor being a completely different person everytime he regenerates he even said that himself that he is a different person, (am i lover, am i fighter, do i have ginger hair?)

Edited by Blazewolf

Big news: BBC America has confirmed they will air the first half of the Utah two-parter on April 23rd. No word on UK airdates, but the 23rd seems logical, as A Christmas Carol premiered uncut on Christmas Day in both places.

EDIT: 4/23 for the UK too.

Edited by Doctor Timewolf

Today is the sixth anniversary of the broadcast of 2005's Rose, and, by extension, the new series as a whole. How cool is that?

Wow. Time sure flies, doesn't it? No pun intended.

Also, it figures they make Easter the premier date on one of those annoying years where Easter comes ridiculously late. Granted, this'll put the spring half closer to the fall half, but still! *Rolls around several times in annoyance*

Today is the sixth anniversary of the broadcast of 2005's Rose, and, by extension, the new series as a whole. How cool is that?

Not very cool at all.

I knew you'd say that.

I cried myself to sleep while watching Inferno on the VCR that night.