Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Kaylan

Songs that make you cringe or change the station

55 posts in this topic

The sound of nesting quote tags.

Anyway, yeah, amikething, we got this rule here. Don't post in a thread older than 14 days old, unless you have a worthwhile contribution to the thread. If not, make a new one if you really wanna.

anything by katey perry or eric prydz

Ke$ha and Justin Beaver, naturally.

Shall I quote myself again?

You may have to...

If a thread has not been posted in for 14 days, please, let it die.

Thank you.

Lots of things that I don't catch the name of, nor care to :P

Most the songs on the radio are like that for me... If it is not a terrible song however, their is a high chance that it is overplayed.

The first song that comes to mind is Chumbawumba - Tubthumping. :c

-E

Hmmm, I am gonna have to go with pre 80's heart, motorhead, "Goody two shoes" by Adam Ant, and "She blinded me with science" by Thomas Dobly. I am sure that there is more, but those ones immediately come to mind.

Does that mean something more than 'Just Bumped' as in, this topic?

Pretty much anything that society thinks is ok. I hate pop, rap, country...all that bad stuff

Justin Beiber makes me want to die... Like really, its not even his music, He's alright. I just dont like him XD And rebecca black is also horrible, as stated earlier.. .The company that did rebecca black also did this... http://youtu.be/7DwT_2QQU64 That shows you how good of company they are. x3

1 person likes this

Sadly, "We Are Young" by fun.

I like fun; I've listened to them since 2010 when all they had out was Aim & Ignite. In my head I equated them to a non-overplayed version of Queen.

I first heard "We Are Young" as background music in Chuck, and I loved it. (I recognized fun. just by the sound, and I was a little proud of myself.)

Once it hit #1 though, my heart sank. Anytime it came on the radio, everyone around would sing along poorly, and the song got overplayed real fast.

I may not endear myself to anyone here, but "imagine" by John Lennon. It's a hopeless, pondering dirge of a song, and I could think off the top of my head three Beetles songs that should be played more in its place ( Hey Bulldog, Helter Skelter, and Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band , in case you were wondering.

For that matter, "Maxwell's Silver Hammer " should be set on fire. Not only is it annoying, but worse, its catchy, so the odds are good that it'll get stuck in your head FOREVER .

I really dislike most country, and enjoy listening to Electronic music, rap, and rock.. :D

But most pop songs I really dislike as well...

I used to be able to "listen" to Umbrella by Rihanna but the radio played it 24/7 and by the end of the week I hated that song so much... I still hate it to this day..

Another song that I dislike is "Welcome to the Jungle" again due to its over popularity.. Im not hating on the song, but listening to it over and over again gets quite tiring.

Sadly, "We Are Young" by fun.

I like fun; I've listened to them since 2010 when all they had out was Aim & Ignite. In my head I equated them to a non-overplayed version of Queen.

I first heard "We Are Young" as background music in Chuck, and I loved it. (I recognized fun. just by the sound, and I was a little proud of myself.)

Once it hit #1 though, my heart sank. Anytime it came on the radio, everyone around would sing along poorly, and the song got overplayed real fast.

Same here. I don't even listen to the radio unless I'm somewhere that has it on, and I'm sick of hearing it on the radio. I haven't really listened to any of their other stuff though.

Most things that get hilariously overplayed. Even Gangnam Style; catchy the first three, four times...not so catchy the hundredth.

Like many people have said, overplayed songs, yes, definitely! I don't listen to the radio too often but when I do, I'd like to get some variety, not just the 5 songs that are "hot" right now mixed with 5 songs that don't know if they're coming or going. And if any dubstep gets played, I have to turn it off or I'll get a headache. Sorry, it's not so much that I dislike dubstep as much as it is that...it gives my head unpleasant sensations.

Anything overplayed, generally, but especially Call me Maybe.

©rap, beeshit and FaGa, anything that falls into these i hate (aside from parody's of the first and third, ERBoH's are win as are instumental rock covers of gaga)

the ONLY exeption to the first is Mockingbird, when i looked up the lyrics i cryed.

Glee. Most of it nowadays. Great singers. But. I'm not a big fan of the composition. It all died when they tried to do Adele