Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Kaylan

Songs that make you cringe or change the station

Guest Kaylan   
Guest Kaylan

What songs annoy you enough to immediatly change the radio station, turn off the radio or just plain hate?

For me (well...what I can think of atm) are:

Travie McCoy - Billionaire

EMINEM - Love The Way You Lie (well...almost anything by Eminem, absolutly hate him).

I'm sure I will think of some more...so what about you?

Guest Ranyth   
Guest Ranyth

Just about anything that my little sister plays. Things like Afroman, ICP, and the various other artists that are like that. Most of the other stuff I can handle.

Unfortunately, I never have control of the station/cd player... :/

Guest Shyanne   
Guest Shyanne

shouldnt this be in the music section? also mostly all country music.

Guest Kaylan   
Guest Kaylan

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, kind of new here  :D...perhaps a mod could move it then?

I can't say I'm fond of country music but don't entirely hate it...I would say my most disliked genre is Rap.

No worries, Kaylan!

I hate generic prepackaged pop music. Not sure why, it's meant to be enjoyable for everyone but I seem to be an exception.

I also don't like black noise or ambient if I don't choose to listen to it. It flies into my off-guard soul and makes a mess.

Guest dax1   
Guest dax1

O lets see lady gag me, any and all rap and one from metalica i dont realy hate the song its just guitar hero drove me batty with it

JesseTV   

I enjoy pretty much anything.

The only music that causes me to change stations is Bieber, and a few others. I don't mind a few Kesha songs due to the 8-bit style synth.

Guest score_under   
Guest score_under
any and all rap

Clearly you haven't been introduced to the Flobots

or the Beastie Boys, don't judge me!

Songs that make me change station... don't really exist, as I don't listen to the radio very often (mainly because it's saturated with pop, and pop has one thing in common with rap which is that it usually sings about either having loose sexual preferences, or having broken up with someone, or attending a party. Really, there aren't many other subjects that most popular songs seem to talk about. Back in the day when I didn't exist, people could sing without autotune and without having ever starred in the X-factor, and they seemed capable of singing about such varied subjects as lands where women glow and men plunder, or wasting electricity, or feeling pressured, or excessive conformity and inability to state opinions for fear of rejection, or getting rocked by Amadeus, or being a king with six wives, or not starting fires, or not wanting to start fires worldwide, or alloyed simians, or everything being sinful, or silent civilizations, or people remaining remarkably frigid despite their feline form, or never meeting anyone south of Botswana who is even remotely agreeable, or the addition of a visual dimension to media murdering those who do not yet use this new feature... [i'll stop now. Though if anyone names all of those...or even half of them... you win my eternal admiration.] Though nowadays, popular songs seem to stick to those three crowd-pleasing themes I mentioned earlier, with any song not being directly related to that theme suffering the fate of being permanently doomed to obscurity.)

Guest MasterBlade   
Guest MasterBlade

Though it really isn't something one would hear on the radio, the techno music Verison Tech Support plays when holding a call is enough to make Edgar Allan Poe feel sick. I like techno music, but I'm not even sure if that horrendous cluster of notes could even be considered music.

Guest Ether   
Guest Ether

I don't listen to the radio, but all I can say is that I can't stand crunkcore, let alone artists like Ke-dollar sign-ha or 3OHMYGODTHISBANDSUCKS!3.

Guest Music_Fox   
Guest Music_Fox

I've pretty much given up on public radio in general. It attempts to appeal to the masses with flashy pop artists who are generally more interested in the money and fame than the music itself, resulting in incredibly bland programming (and then there are the horrid commercial blocks).

When one's primary goal is to play music that appeals to the largest number of people (regardless of genre), one may overlook more creative works in favor of something that is easy to understand and easy to latch onto. (sort of like what score_under said) Easy stuff gives you a 30 second burst of adrenaline, then leaves you hanging when you realize that there's nothing more to it. The best music takes the most time to absorb; you might hate it when you first hear it, but upon listening to the details your perception of it will change over time. Thus, the bond you create with it becomes incredibly personal and emotional.

For instance, I simply couldn't understand Samuel Barber's Piano Concerto (specifically the 1st and 3rd movements), but I kept listening because I knew there was something more to it. Then, all of a sudden, a light bulb clicked, and now I can't get enough. Unfortunately, if you were to play this on public radio (even on classical stations), people would be reaching for the dial.

There probably are many stations that are exceptions to this idea, but none exist around me (and I'm tired of looking). I just stick to my own playlists.

i hate billionaire, like a G6, and other WAY overplayed corny songs that are on EVERY 5 secconds I also hate musicals (unless its avenue Q or freaknik)

despise with more hatred would be those new Disney songs the company makes thinking their catchy or cleaver, improvising songs on cartoons, Jonas brothers, hanna montanna, justin we all know who

i also dislike rap and country music, or anything stupidly arrogant, AND also don't those metal songs where they scream and you cant make out what the hell their saying and have lost their meaning,

ANNNND i hate ... get ready for this.. overplayed songs people always put in amv's of naruto music ¬__¬

Guest Scurlock   
Guest Scurlock

Cage the Elephant's Shake me Down. Just plain annoying. And I am usually pretty tolerant when it comes to music

that new song... Friday - absolutely terrible with no lyrical creativity or meaning or purpose. EVEN DISNEY's NEW SONGS DON'T SUCK THAT BAD

D: my apologies, I didn't know this was a dead thread by the 14 day rule, i saw as recently posted by the person above and thought it was still going.

Admins, please delete

Skytower   

that new song... Friday - absolutely terrible with no lyrical creativity or meaning or purpose. EVEN DISNEY's NEW SONGS DON'T SUCK THAT BAD

D: my apologies, I didn't know this was a dead thread by the 14 day rule, i saw as recently posted by the person above and thought it was still going.

Admins, please delete

We've extended it to a 21-day rule. That still means the topic's been dead for a week or so, but I'd consider the bump relevant anyway, given the speed at which Rebecca Black's new pop single has taken the world by storm.

For those of you that haven't seen it yet, here you go. May you emerge from the experience shaken, but with a newfound appreciation for any other form of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Guest Two-winged Cat   
Guest Two-winged Cat
Virtually everything post 1970.

I agree with this sentiment; for me the cutoff date was some point in the mid to late nineties when so-called "artists" realised they could pump out pre-programmed electronic rubbish and didn't have to put any soul or effort into their performance any more. Or as Shadow Phoenix put it so well:

generic prepackaged pop music.

Rap, Pop, Screamo, and New Rock (you've all heard it: "my girlfriend broke up with me/my love won't go out with me/baaawww," a guitarist too afraid to rip out a solo, etc.).

I just want to have a good time with Rock, not get depressed. For some reason, the radio stations here don't share my sentiment. I do, however, listen to the Classic Rock station.

Guilty pleasure: Disco. The only pop I like.

Kerel   

Anything by K3 or Mega Mindy. Actually, most things by Studio 100. Luckily they don't air on the radio so much, just on TV when they're not broadcasting shows, which happens to be when I go channel-hopping *shudders*. Do theme songs from TV shows count too? Because the ones from Winx Club and Bakugan make me switch channels quicker than the actual shows...which is saying something.

Child cartoon songs, musicals disney does, preppy useless music, music that brags about something stupidly, anything so corny with a unfitting beat,

if the song's sound nor lyrics if it has them doesn't have any meaning or truth behind it, i no longer wish to hear it

Child cartoon songs, musicals disney does, preppy useless music, music that brags about something stupidly, anything so corny with a unfitting beat,

if the song's sound nor lyrics if it has them doesn't have any meaning or truth behind it, i no longer wish to hear it

Thank you, you just described most of all radio.....

My friends, invest quickly in an iopd adapter for your stereos before its too late...