Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henry

Henry's Art

Henry   

It's art time again!

As some of you may already know, I have been busy with school the past couple weeks and so I don't have time to work on my comic. Luckily, I have an art class and we have assignments that I have freedom with. So I have created a few animal related animated gif's.

1321637035.squirrelman_bunny.gif

1321637546.squirrelman_run-fox-run.gif

Guest Riilu   
Guest Riilu

I kinda like your style. You should work on making smoother lines since they now seem to be a bit "uneven"

Shading is also something you should add, really makes everything come together,

Henry   

For the last two images, I was forced to use a new program and you could only draw with a mouse. That was painful, but I tried my best with the deadline I had.

Also, I do some shading for my artwork, just not the ones with deadlines like these school art projects. Shading takes a lot of time.

The one with the sleeping bunny seems perfect for a halloween theme! (Even though its already past) I like it alot and I think it would be funny to imagine the reaction of anyone who saw that =^ ^=

Henry   

I got the idea for when I was doing an avatar theme every month a while back ago. It was originally going to be me in a bed, but I decided a bunny would be much cuter.

Guest Two-winged Cat   
Guest Two-winged Cat

I decided a bunny would be much cuter.

Even taken out of context, those words are still words to live by in my opinion :)

Henry   

Even taken out of context, those words are still words to live by in my opinion :)

Henry   

Time for more art! This time around, I am working on a calender. So far I have February, March, June, and July done.

1322101864.squirrelman_february_back.png

1322591941.squirrelman_march_back.png

1322592286.squirrelman_june_back.png

1322102126.squirrelman_revolution.png

Henry   

It's been a long time since I posted here.

So y'all I'm working on an animation for this year's film festival in my hometown. Some of you may remember my last entree.

This year I'm trying a different look. I am making a 2.5D movie. Not 2D not 3D, but a mixture of both. I cannot reveal the story but I have finished a few characters. The deadline is March 28 so I must finish by then. The story is sorta furry related. The animals are all feral but they talk. I will post my work here and eventually the end product.

post-367-0-70657200-1328242693_thumb.jpgpost-367-0-61830800-1328242689_thumb.jpgpost-367-0-56573500-1328242684_thumb.jpg

Let's see who can guess what will happen by the images I put up!

Guest Shyanne   
Guest Shyanne

aw first time I saw that video! It's really good! Had an old school cartoon vibe to it. Maybe woulda been better in 2D tho? still very cool, u going to college for this stuff? I just can't think of funny stuff is my problem :( But I do see improvements in ur artwork ^^ keep it up!

Henry   

Had an old school cartoon vibe to it. Maybe woulda been better in 2D tho? still very cool,

I tried to make it in a bit of Looney Tunes style comedy, with a bit of Tom and Jerry music thrown in. I would like to try 2D animation but I am still not very experienced in it. I am learning Flash though so maybe soon I can make some 2d stuff!

u going to college for this stuff? I just can't think of funny stuff is my problem :( But I do see improvements in ur artwork ^^ keep it up!

I was planning to go to an animation college. I even went to tour the Art Institute and Laguna College of Art + Design, but dang! Art schools are expensive! I think for now I will just buy the programs and learn on my own. I will try my hardest to become the best I can be!

post-367-0-29457900-1328467217_thumb.jpg

Guest Shyanne   
Guest Shyanne

I tried to make it in a bit of Looney Tunes style comedy, with a bit of Tom and Jerry music thrown in. I would like to try 2D animation but I am still not very experienced in it. I am learning Flash though so maybe soon I can make some 2d stuff!

I was planning to go to an animation college. I even went to tour the Art Institute and Laguna College of Art + Design, but dang! Art schools are expensive! I think for now I will just buy the programs and learn on my own. I will try my hardest to become the best I can be!

ya thats why im only going to the community college for digital art XD

Henry   

Another character done. I have been sick this week so I haven't had time to work. Today is my first day of being back to normal... I hope. I thought the same thing yesterday, but then in the middle of the night I started sweating like crazy and having shivers.

Anywho, my deadline is March 28 so 47 days left to finish!............ Ugh....

post-367-0-95696600-1328933149_thumb.jpg

Henry   

Man! I missed a lot of days of work on this because I was sick and I had to catch up on school work. I'm even behind on my comic!

Anywho, I'm working on the places now. They aren't grand, but this first place isn't important anyways.

post-367-0-71823400-1329505209_thumb.jpg

Henry   

Oh yeah! The animation... yeah... It never came through. I didn't give up or anything it's just that I got overloaded with school work that I had to give something up and I chose this. I still plan on making the animation probably during summer. So until then...

I had an assignment for Literature class. We had to make a poem and so I made this. It is a pretty windy day here so I took some inspiration from that and made a short poem.

Gust

Outside the sky so blue,

As the trees bow to the wind,

Remaining loyal and true,

To the power that will never end.

On and on it blows,

Moving through the air with no end in sight

Yet it will never go.

Try as it might,

It can no longer move,

As the world holds it back,

Keeping it from what it needs to do.

So here it stays never leaving a track,

Invisible to all but the trees,

As they bow down in respect,

To the force that will never leave,

Yet always on an endless trek.

Henry   

I have a final project that I am working on for a Flash class. We are to make a movie sequel website for a movie sequel that doesn't exist yet.

What I am working on is called Transformers vs The Terminator! I just started and I have just over a week to make a short animation, a website, and features for that website. It's a lot of work, and I can't show any images here because my "global upload quota" is maxed out. So until a new page comes up here, I think I can't upload the images.

Henry   

It's been a long time since I've updated this!

I have spent most of my time working on my webcomic http://www.furaffinity.net/user/furquest'>FurQuest but I am going to start taking commissions soon with a price sheet in the works right now. I have upgraded my work as well and I have been practicing new forms of art using Photoshop. Rather than my usual cartoony style, I have been working with brushes and such to learn new techniques for my commission work. This is the first of my new works. A night at the woods.

1370988982.squirrelman_background.png

For the more recent members of FM, if you wish to see my other work, head over to my http://www.furaffinity.net/user/squirrelman'>FA page.

Henry   

I felt a little piratey lately and so I started working on this little image. I am trying to work harder on backgrounds than before by adding more that just a simple deck floor. I decided to add a bit of pirate attire such as barrels and whatever those ropes to work the sails are called.

I'm also going to start putting a logo on the corner of every image from now on.

1371406432.squirrelman_pirate3.png

Henry   

Felt like doing a transformation today. 1371580677.squirrelman_shark_transformat

"Don't spend too much time in the water or you'll turn into a fish" Sarah's mother used to say. Sarah didn't care, she loved being in the water. Her mother was crazy anyways. She always used to tell tales of humans that turn into fish when they touch sea water after they have reached adolescence. Just another wive's tale to try to keep her away from the beach she loved so much. Unfortunately, when she was just 8 years old, Sarah's family moved away from the coast. Throughout her life, Sarah wished to return to the beach again. After graduating from high school, Sarah decided to take a road trip to the coast once again. She left her home with her mother warning her again with her crazy stories. "Don't worry, I won't go into the water," Sarah lied. Anything to keep her mother off her case. A few hours later she was finally on the beach she remembered from her childhood, her toes between the sand. She stared off into the ocean, her mother's warning ringing in her mind like that annoying song stuck in your head. "Just a dip, for old times sake." She ran into the water and dived in. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the feeling of the salt water running across her body. The feeling felt a little different from she remembered, but it was probably because it was so long ago. She rose from the water, opening her eyes and staring off into the ocean side. "Beautiful," she thought. She then noticed something strange. Her hands were blue and felt sharp, like teeth running along her skin. "Oh god..." She said as the thought finally occurred to her. Maybe her family moving and her mother's warnings were for a good reason after all.

Henry   

I made this little animated gif a few days ago. It's been a while since I made an animation so I thought I'd try my hands on it again.

1372447614.squirrelman_coyote.gif

This one is of a opossum. I am trying out new species to practice different styles and such. The tree was also done differently than my usual style.

10977781@400-1372717017.jpg

Another transformation! Cartoons in the late 80's and early 90's had science goop that had the power to do anything. It could turn pet turtles into mutant ninjas, sugar, spice and everything nice into super powered girls, and more! So why hasn't it turn an innocent bystander into a monkey? Well now it has!

10984988@400-1372794363.jpg