Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JouninJ

Favorite Movie?

Hi everyone so another question by me n.n'

Whats ur favorite movie so far?  And for that fact what kind of movies do u like?

I like lord of the rings and james bond (what a combination XD)  seen almost every bond movie since i was a kid and kinda like star wars too asi went to about 4 diffrent ones with my dad real bonding experince wich is always nice right?

So ur turn people whats ur favorite movie and genre of movie?

Guest Latios111

I really have a lot of faves, too many lol... :thinking: I think that my all time favorite is Click because it has a lot of very funny parts.

My favorite movie is The Lion King because of the thrilling action, dramatic scenes, romantic tension, incredible picture, lovable and colorful characters, and the best soundtrack EVER!

I also really like The Sword in the Stone, mostly because of the transformations and squirrel scene. :)

Hmm. Damn. Tough question.

The Last Samurai is one of my favourite movies, and I always go to bed in this sort of tranquil state when I watch this late at night. Definitely Tom Cruise's best film.

Crank and Crank 2 I LOVE for it's over-the-top action and near infinite lulz.

Misery (Based on the Stephen King book) was pretty good. I watched it in class, and

when the evil girl (name eludes me) gets her face smashed by the author guy (name also eludes me) EVERYONE IN CLASS CHEERED. LOUDLY.

Starship Troopers (Just the first one) I always loved due it it's satirical outlook on war. ST: Roughnecks sort of bridges the gap between the movies and the Heinlein novels somewhat, and they take a more serious tone, looking a bit more on the tragic side, but they still keep some satire in it with propaganda. There was an ST FPS game, which I heard wasn't bad, but I want a Roughnecks FPS.

Run Lola Run is my favourite foreign film.

The Fifth Element is a great movie. I've owned the tape since I was a kid. I own a crapload of tapes that I've had since I was a kid, like Twister, aaaaaand my memory fails me. Blargh.

I'll mention more if they come to me.

Over the Hedge. For it has squirrels!

Also, non-squirrel related ones: In Bruges; Juno.

n.n reading all these movies makes me wanna go watch some of them n.n the last samurai is definitly a good movie and over the hedge too

OH and lion king haent watched that since i was little ill definitly have to go watch that too n.n

n.n

Guest Flay

Forrest Gump. That will always and forever be my favorite movie, I could watch it over and over again and never get bored.

Forrest Gump. That will always and forever be my favorite movie, I could watch it over and over again and never get bored.

How could I forget about Forrest Gump!? Everything in the above statement applies to me, except being my absolute favourite. I have others I hold in varying degrees.

My favorite movie is definitely The Lion King. Back then, I used to love singing "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" and "Hakuna Mutata." I still sometimes sing those songs, especially the second one. And the Hyenas were pretty funny. They always made me laugh.

My favorite movie is definitely The Lion King. Back then, I used to love singing "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" and "Hakuna Mutata." I still sometimes sing those songs, especially the second one. And the Hyenas were pretty funny. They always made me laugh.

I just simply cannot watch it knowing it's a ripoff of Kimba the White Lion.

I just simply cannot watch it knowing it's a ripoff of Kimba the White Lion.

But you gotta admit, the soundtrack is awesome!

Bolt is a close 2nd for me. I really love his movie.

I guess as a little kid my favorite Disney movie was The Lion King. Of course now, my favorite Disney movie is Lilo & Stitch. Favorite movie overall though is a pretty tough choice though. I'm usually content watching most anything really.

Guest Adrei

And here's where i come in all weird and out of place with Cruel intentions and Moulin rouge, for their shared "Starts off as a bit of fun, turns into a tragedy/romance of errors" sort of like Romeo and Juliet which i also like... guess im just a sucker for that sort of film :P

Hmm...

Favorite movie of all time and shall likely remain so: Volcano High.  No competition, no close second.  Not even Kung Fu Hustle.  Fantastic movie, hard to follow the plot at times, but exciting from start to finish, and hilarious. 

Favorite monster movie: The Host.  Watch it.  Now!

Favorite parody: Kung Fu Hustle. 

Favorite magic movie: Bednobs and Broomsticks, though it looks like Sorcerer's Apprentice may replace it soon.  This movie has everything you could want: transformations ('poof' kind, but okay), wacky spells that nobody knows how they work, and a mass scene that's as close as Disney will everr get to LOTR.  Narnia has got nothinng on this one.  I detest Harry Potter due to the fact that it portrays magic as something reserved for a select 'elite' and governed by a commité.  Very annoying when you're a practsing mage.  I'd rather my offspring grow up with this as an ideal than the other ones. 

Favorite dragon movie: Dragonslayer.  Dragonheart was, ironically, too Disney-ish for me.  The dragon here is cruel, the portrayal of medieval sentiment is a lot more accurate, and the sympathy for the dragon isn't completely eradicated (it's the villain, but he's only evil because he's so old he's in constant pain).  It's also got a more global tragedy worked into it: the death of magic at the hands of Christianity.  Dragonheart is a good film, no doubt about that, but it doesn't deliver nearly as much as Dragonslayer. 

And lastly, favorite superhero movie: Sky High.  I wish I'd taped it the one time they aired it on BBC.  It's got a purple Guinea pig...come on, purple Guinea pig! Also, neat story, decent ending, and one of the finest villains (and villainous schemes) EVAR!

Guest xkenja

Favorite parody: Kung Fu Hustle. 

GREAT movie.  Definitely in my top 5.  Also up there are The Lion King, Full Metal Jacket, Borat and The Godfather.  All really different, but great in their own ways.

Guest DungeonMaster

If you mean the new Lotr, that on is good, But I also like the Bakshi version. My favorite, however, has to be the Indiana Jones series. I also like jaws and the terminator series too, however. Hmm... I guess we need a movie about robotic sharks searching ancient temples for rings of power, now.  >:D

XD That would be a awesome movie:P

The new Lotr  is good as ive seen it alot but the Bakshi version is Pretty fun i agree on that ^^

Guest Kitsukami

I've got to say that my favorite movie is definitely "The Man From Earth". It wasn't really ever released as a full fledged movie, and the only way to get it is to download from some torrent website, but if you ever get a chance it's great.

I have to admit that the acting wasn't great, but it's the only movie that has been able to captivate my mind with its dialogue, plot, and mind-twisting look on religion and a few of the figures that are associated with it. It's a movie that boggles the mind and keeps you guessing the entire time.

It's good enough to keep my attention despite that the setting doesn't change in the entire movie. It's basically you sitting in on a conversation that occurs when the main character is packing up to move.

Guest Tigertobee

Hachiko, maybe. Although it is unbelievably sad..

Guest Kitsukami

Oh! I also forgot to add that another favorite movie of mine is "Arashi no yoru ni"! It's an EXCELLENT movie, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone that doesn't mind animated movies! (Just watch the japanese one with english subs... the fan-dubbed version is rubbish in terms of the voices used)

Guest Allir

So far, either Inception, or, anything by Quentin Tarentino

Guest Flay

Oh man Inglorious Basterds! How could I forget about that movie. I'm going to have to buy that tomorrow and watch it, along with Forrest Gump. Woot for no work!