Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

The Dead Do Walk (Version 1)

"Well it was, but it's getting better now. You see..." Henry stopped when he heard Reni on the radio. Hey listen... why don't you just put the gun down, huh? "Hey Xilat, are you hearing this. I think Reni's in trouble." Henry raises the volume on the radio.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats nodded to Henry. Xilats hopped out of his truck, nodding to the to other coyote. "Yeah, we do. Just gotta tell us your name."

"Come on, man, listen. Me, Xi, and Henry ca take you with us, out of this hellhole. Well, into another one, but maybe not as hellish. Come on, man, say something. Just let me know your listening, and not gonna shoot me," said Reni.

You heard me, Xi, Henry, now say something, damn it! Let me know you have a bead on this guy! I can't say anything without this guy making chunky zombie bait, bullets included, outta my brain! Get the f*** over here! he thought.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats clicked his radio on.

"Reni, I found your meat you wanted. It's fresh, and cooling in the freezer."

Xilats sat in the bushes next to a zombie with a now much mangeled neck.

"Reni, I'm going out to look for you! Where exactly did you go?" Henry shouted in his radio while grabbing his rifle from out back.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats facepawed, shaking his head. He thought his way was a bit more sneaky, but in reality, it was probably obtuse and unusable.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

"Nothing, Henry." Xilats muttered, shaking his head.

"......Was it something I said?..." Henry whispered to himself.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats' ear twitched.

"Hey, Reni? What's going on? You run into a new friend or something?"

Xilats said into his radio, carefully loading a shell into his shot gun.

((Sorry about the late-tastic reply.  I guess I'm on a little later in the day than you guys.  Hope it doesn't slow this down too much, heh.))

"Enough death, I..."  The white cat's reply trailed off as his arm lowered involuntarily.  His eyes glazed over for a moment, tearing up slightly, as he remembered the events that had led him to this situation.  His body shuddered as Cog halfheartedly raised the weapon again.

Having obviously lost control of his emotions, Cog was only barely able to choke out, "...Come with you?"

Henry, being nosy and curious, listened closely to the conversation on his radio. "What's going on?"

(Still waiting for Reni...)

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats put a paw-finger to his lips, motioning for Henry to be quiet. Xilats' leaned toward the squirrels ear. "This is a tense situation. We can ask later." He said into Henry's ear, quietly.

Henry nodded in agreement.

(Just to be clear, I said "what's going on?" to myself. I just realized I never wrote it down.)

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats smiled, turning the volume up on the radio a bit more so that Henry could hear better.

((Oooohhh. Sorry Hen!))

Guest Yorrick

"Thanks, dude. Name's Bill. Got back to the states 'bout a month ago, didn't know the whole world went to pot."

It's obvious this furre isn't from around here. In fact, it's even more obvious where he is from; the western coast, to be exact. He speech seems permanently frozen into a slow, lazy slur, reminiscent of Cheech and Chong.

As he speaks he slowly unslings his rifle. It's an old bolt-action, with a bayonet affixed.

Re-loading it, his ears perk up.

"Whats up, man? somthin' wrong?"

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats' nodded. "A bit, yeah...don't worry though. Get yourself settled into the Semi.

(sorry for the lateness, I just spend the whole day setting up the pool, then doing some video tests for the Resident Evil spoof I might be filming.)

"Hey, hey, it's OK. Look. I won't do anything, I won't take anything. I'm gonna radio my buddy with the truck, and I'll ask him. I guarantee he'll let you come with us," said Reni in a consoling tone. He knew what the cat was going through. Seeing so much death, some people can take it, some people just snap. Poor sap was caught in the middle... Reni thought. He pretended to click his radio, since it was already on, and said, "Hey, Xi, can you handle an extra person? And, maybe about 20 game systems, and hundreds of games? There's a cat here, who needs somebody."

Reni turned away from the cat, and said quietly into the radio, "Look, this guy is a little nuts, but I think he's been hit hard by this. We think we have, but this guy has seen the gates to hell, and was forced to stare down 'em. More than once. This guy just needs somebody. I gotta admit, we need all the people we can get, and, well, the never-ending road trip would be kinda boring, so the games would be a bonus."

(Oh, BTW, Cog, that was one awesome RP entry. I applaud you, in emoticon form.  :clap: But, I just clapped in real life a little, too.)

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats listened for a moment, raising an eyebrow. Then it hit him, and he lifted both eyebrows. "Of course he can come! The game systems though....hmm..."

Xilats did a few mental calculations about the size of the sleeper cab. He didn't have a tv, and the only thing that could fit is an lcd screen.

"I have room in the trailer for everything, but I think we can only have one at a time in the sleeper cab. Do you know where we can get a LCD tv? Maybe 30 inches if we mounted it on a swivel mount...."

Xilats was now off and gone, thinking of how he could increase the sleep er cab's size.

The trailer had some unused room in it, enough to maybe convert part of it into a living trailer.

Otis had put in some guides for that kind of thing....

One thing at a time, Xilats.

"I'll bring the truck to him. Where are you?"

((Really, Reni?  That makes Cog a happy kitty.  ^w^))

The cat was visibly torn, wrestling with his options.  On the one hand, he had just been offered a free trip out of his personal hell, with actual people, furs that were neither rotting where they stood nor trying to kill him.  On the other hand, if he left now, all his fighting and defense of this place would be for nothing.  Then it dawned on him: what was he defending?  His eyes widened slightly as he let his arm drop, shuddering again as he did so.  He made up his mind that the next words of the unfamiliar fur facing him would decide his actions.

Cog posed his question.

"Do you play Dead Rising?"

Guest Yorrick

Bill's ears flickered.

"Dead Rising? Naw, man...

Bit of a waste of space, though, ain't it? We got deadites runnin' round 'ere and you want to lug around a gaming system? Think we should just pick our bags and leave."

"Dead Rising?" asked Reni. "Naw, I was more of a Rez Evil fan..." Reni began to snicker. Then chuckle. Then just burst out laughing. "HAAAHAAHAAA!!!! I'm sorry, but I-ahAAHAAAA!! Here we are, in the middle of a zombie outbreak, and we're talking about zombie GAMES! HA!! You've gotta see the irony in that!" said Reni.

"Heh... Sorry about that. Anyway, my buddy out there says if you've got a 30-inch LCD and a swivel mount. With the room we've got, if we lug around all the systems and games, we'll only have room for one person in the sleeper cab. Xi, Henry, and... Bill? It's safe to come in."

((I'm sorry, I've never been good at typing out laughter))

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilat's clicked his radio off, opening the door and walking in.

"Don't mind Bill. We've got more than enough room for you. I got a safe place in the trailer where I can store your consoles and games. We can hook up one console at a time anyway with out tripping the breaker."

Xilats peeked out front, to get an address, and smiled.

"Awesome. I'll be back in a second."

In  a little bit, the sound of a large truck engine grew louder, before the hiss of hydraulics puncutated the noise.

Xilats opened the back of the trailer,  unlocking and opening two empty-ish cabinets, pulling out the ammo inside and placing it in another cabinet.

"Um..think that'll be enough room...?"

"I think so. We could probably fit..." Henry started calculating in his mind."... 140 games in the two drawers... "I hope he has Mario games." ;) Henry then started to daydream of all his good memories of playing Mario videogames. From Donkey Kong to Mario Kart Wii. "...ahhh..." Henry said calmly. "Good times."

(Remember, Henry gets easily distracted by videogames and Super Mario stuff.)

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats blinked, and looked in the cabinets. "..Umm...I'm gonna need more room...."

He quickly opened another cabinet, taking and placing ammo where he could in the others.

"There. Three Cabinets...and six boxes of rifle ammo to put elsewhere..."