Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

The Dead Do Walk (Version 1)

Guest Yorrick

The coyote nods. "Fair is foul and foul is fair. A fine enough band of misfits."

The dead taken care of, he throws his bag down and follows it a second later, coming up into a roll with his rifle slung across his back.

Waving, he throws out another whistle. "Hey! Ya got room for one more?"

Guest TheBaldurNoob

((Aww....Sorry... ;) ))

Xilats heard Henry's scream of frustration, turning. "Henry!"

Xi ran over to the tree, and attempted to lift it. He managed to move it a little.

"I need a little help..."

"Why did it have to be an oak tree? Why couldn't it have been something lighter." >:(

Being small and skinny Henry does not have enough strengh to lift heavy objects. (Just in case whoever sees this did not read my character profile ;) )

"Do you have something in your truck that can help?"

After calming down, Reni noticed Henry caught under the tree, and ran to the shop, now mostly rubble. Looking around, he noticed saws, hedge trimmers, but no corpse mowers chainsaws. The tree area must be in the back. He kicked down the back door, and saw a small fenced-in area with transplanted trees in rows. Then he saw one. The treasure of anything to do with zombies. He began to hum the level 1 theme song of DOOM while he walked over with an evil sway in his step. He had the sudden urge to put a bag over his head, but remembered he had the mask. He picked it up, and turned it on. It growled in reply like throwing a steak to a rabid dog. Reni smirked underneath his mask.... Oh, wait, Henry needs help, he thought. Reni turned the zombie's worst enemy chainsaw, ran over, putting the chainsaw down to see what he could do....

(Reni noticed Henry. I said that out loud while I typed and I messed myself up there. Try typing Henry and Reni in the same sentence while speaking it out loud.)

Guest TheBaldurNoob

((EDIT:

Whoops...))

Xilats stepped back, looking a little worried. He looked at the coyote..and nodded.

"Sure. We got room in the truck for you."

Henry was finally free and got up slowly. "Thanks guys, ugh!" Henry's side ached with pain from the weight the tree, but didn't inform anyone of his injury. "I don't want to look like a loser..." Henry thought to himself. "Heh, wish I could've helped you guys out. Sorry 'bout that." Henry doesn't want anyone to know he's hurt so he walks over as if nothing happens, but in reality he is in pain.

(Later on it will cost me dearly ;) )

((Ok, since I left it as a cliffhanger so I could go vacuum the house, did I or didn't I use the chainsaw to free Henry?))

(>:D Yaho watashi wa kattaze~!)

After freeing Henry, Reni put down the super awesome zombie slaying blade thing chainsaw and walked with Henry over to Xi and the coyote. He hopped into the bacl of the truck, and put his rifle away. "Can I stash this in the back? It's out of bullets..." said Reni, in typical Dr. Johnny Fever style. (If anyone gets that reference, you are either really bored all the time, or have old parents. Either way, watch WKRP in Cincinnati.) Afterward, he jumped out of the back, reached out his hand to Xi and said, "I'm Reni. Short for seRENIty."

Guest TheBaldurNoob

((It's a Semi Truck, BTW))

Xilats smiled and nodded. "Thanks man. The name's Xilats. Go ahead and see if we have any ammo that will fit your fun in the trailer."

Xilats shook his paw(fixed), clipping his shot gun, thanks to a clip, naturally, to his belt.

Henry saw Reni reach out his PAW (not hand, paw :-P ) to Xilat as Henry slowly entered the truck, which seemed to be higher than he remembered. Hi I'm Reni. Short for SeRENIty. Henry started doing breathing excercises quietly to see if it will ease his pain. "Hey Xilat, do you have a first aid kit...you know...in case one us get injured." "Please have one! PLEASE!"

Guest TheBaldurNoob

"Yeah, under the lower bunk in the sleeper cab. How badly hurt are you?"

Xilats asked, worried. He didn't want another Otis or Armen.

:D_O: "Hurt? What are you talking about?!" Henry tried to make it seem like he was okay. "I'm fine, hehehe. Just wanted to know just in case we needed it." :) "Ow! The pain!" "I'll be right back. I just remembered I didn't reload my rifle in the sleeper cab." Henry walks quickly and painfully to the cab.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

The sleeper cab wasn't a fancy affair. The door to the room was a sliding door, which opened to a the medium small  room. There were two large bunks on the back of the wall, and enough room to get up, or to pull a chair up, put in a small folding table, and play a board game. The bunks, if furs were to sit on the bottom,  could fit comfortably seat four  into the room, with elbow room. There were two 120v sockets near the door, for small appliances.

Luckily, the table and second chair were slid under the bottom bunk, with a rather large first aid kit strapped to the bottom.

"All right Reni, go make yourself comfortable." Xilats said, point at the semi's open cab door.

"Thanks, Xilats," said Reni, as he walked into the sleeper cab. "I wanna grab some shuteye. Mind if I-" Reni shuts the door. "-Close the door?"

"Hey, kid, listen, I know when someone is hurt. I've seen the whole 'Nah, I'm fine' routine before. You are a danger to us right now. Look, you wanna die, pop a cap into your brainpan. Squish! You won't become one of them and attack us. If you can't do it, I will. You wanna live, GET HELP.  Capisce? (Ka-peesh?)" he said to Henry in a serious tone.

"I stole a pistol from the stash. I'm gonna leave it here." As he said this, he put a pistol on one of the beds.

"Make your decision."

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats carefully scratched under his shirt, waiting for the crazed coyote. He sighed, hopped up into the cab, and flipped the truck on. It shook, the engine chugging as it warmed up. Xilat's rolled down the windows, and hopped back out, heading to the back of the trailer. The coyote grabbed a shopping cart, and walked into the now ruined pharmacy, looking for supplies. He stayed away from the ruined immunization crate, paranoid that he would have a bad reaction. He stocked up on the canned foods, and then walked into the freezer. STill Cold!  SODA!

Henry sat staring at the pistol. The gun shined from the light of the lantern sitting beside it. "So it's come down to this..."  :D Henry starting thinking the pros and cons for living in this zombie infested hell.

".............."

"....Hmph, idiot. Does he really think I'm this stupid." >:) Being in his teens, this is the age most decide to kill themselves. "They need me to help in the resistance. The reason I came in here in the first place was to get help." Henry began to treat his wounds and bandaged himself. He looked back a the pistol. :(

He chose to live, but was it the right choice.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats slipped the canned food into shelves bolted into the trucks trailer, restocking medicines into cabinents, before opening the refridgerated part of the truck. Otis had been a genius.

Xilats slipped the sodas and meat into the fridge, before shutting and locking the door.

The coyote locked the trailer, hopping back into his truck. He carefully looked over his gauges, and smiled.

All green.

((Ok, is Xilats a coyote, or are you godmodding? If Xi is a coyote, can you stop saying "the coyote," because that's what we have been calling Yorrick's character. Tis confusing. I don't like addressing characters by name until they have introduced themselves, or have at least mentioned their name in descriptive text. OOC text don't count.))

After leaving the sleeper cab, Reni leaned against the side of the truck. He didn't hear a gunshot. Or a splatter, in case Henry had a silencer on him. Just in case, though, Reni opened the door a tiny crack to see inside. Good choice, kid, he thought.

I wonder if they got any games in this town? One house turned out to be a gamer's paradise, with 3 flat-screen LCD TV's, almost every system imaginable, and hundreds of games for each. Odyssey, Channel F, Atari 2600, PS1, NES, SNES, PS3, Famicom, Pocket Famicom, every single possible unit in the Game Boy/DS line, including the rare Game Boy Light, n64, Wii, Odyssey2, and a Sega Genesis, with the Sega CD and 32X modules.

Reni turned on his radio, and said, "Um, Xi, do you have an extra shelf in the sleeper cab? I've found somethi- a lot of things that would help pass time."

Henry soon exited the cab. He had to explain to Xilat about his condition. "Hey Xilat... you're probably wondering why I bandaged myself, huh?" :D

((As I mentioned over on my character bio, this is by no means the way Cog would usually act.  Killing his three best friends made him harden up pretty fast.  Also, I hope this is still open to jump in; it looks quite fun.))

In the house, meanwhile, Reni found himself facing the slowly lowering barrel of a .50-cal handgun.

"Gods, you're actually alive.  I almost shot you," muttered the white cat behind the weapon.  "Get away from my stash and get your own.  These are mine, and nothing living or dead will touch them until I stop breathing."

Cog motioned Reni away from the consoles with the barrel of the gun, all the while fingering the second weapon's grip with his spare hand.  His tail held perfectly still as he waited for compliance.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

((Xilats IS a coyote.  I'm sorry if this led to confusion (And I hope Yorrick isn't offended, or assumed I was godmodding!  :fear: He's interesting!))

Xilats nodded, looking a little sorry. "Yeah. Is it bad?"

Xilats' radio crackled to life. He listened carefully, and pressed send.

"That's fine. How much stuff. and what is it?"

((Welcome Cog! There's room for one more in the semi truck!))

Guest Yorrick

((Hey, it's fine))  Grunting, the coyote drags his pack over to the truck.

"Any room on the back?"

Reni, about to turn off his radio, decides not to, in the hopes that Xi or Henry's are still on.

"Hey, listen... why don't you just put the gun down, huh? No one here needs to die. We've had enough deaths in the world. Just because you're living alone like this, doesn't mean you should kill people. Well, not normal people anyway. Look, we've got a truck with a sleeper cab, and we've got plenty of room. So how about leaving this little 'Fortress of Solitude' and joining up with real people?" asked Reni.

Come on Xi, you son of a b****, please tell me you could hear me talking. Please, tell me that your bringing in the f***ing cavalry, guns drawn. Please tell me you at least got this guy lined up in your damn crosshairs, something, for God's sake, he thought.