Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

The Dead Do Walk (Version 1)

"Son of a... I'm coming down!" Reni shouted into his radio, causing some feedback on that frequency. How the hell... The bell rope! Reni jumped, and thanks to his gloved hands, grabbed the rope that the church used to ring the bell. Sliding down, the ring of the bell gave Reni a bad headache, but he muscled through it, and slid to the bottom of the tower. After recovering from the drop, he ran down a flight of stairs, knocked the podium out of his way, down the aisles of benches, and shoulder-struck the door. The locked door shrugged him off easily, nearly knocking him out cold onto the ground. "Owww....."

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats blinked. He had heard someone...and his rifle just loaded a round! Just in time too. Xilats Tapped a button on his radio to bring the frequency up.

"Hello!? Hello!? Is somone there!?"

He then aimed, and fired at a zombie round a corner and heading toward Henry.

Meanwhile: "Why am I in here again?.......Oh, yeah!"

Henry goes over to the coyote and holds his hand out.

"Come with us if you want to live!"

((lol, Terminator reference))

After seeing a few stars, Reni shook his head, and tried the door again. The door still would not open. Looking down, he reaches out and turns the doorknob. The door opens with ease.

"Come with us if you want to live!"

Reni looks towards the coyote and sees the squirrel holding out his PAW. (not his HAND, his PAW. GET IT RIGHT.  >;))

Guest TheBaldurNoob

((Heh. It works either way.))

Xilats was firing into  a few decayed zombies, making their way down the street. His truck was high enough to provide a good vantage point and keep him safe.

He now knew what rang the bell, as the church door opened.

Another....fur. Living was another question, was most likely the cause.

"Anyone who is on this frequency, I'm the guy running from the church in the mask and cloak, don't shoot! And, Sniper, I think your squirrel friend turned off his comm," said Reni.

Why am I running to save this guy? I didn't create the situation, I'm just dealin' with it! You're acting like a first year ****ing thief - I'm acting like a professional! If they get him, they can get you. They get you, they get closer to me, and that can't happen! thought Reni. Yeah, quote Reservoir Dogs. That'll help. After his little reality check, Reni threw his rifle into a nearby cluster of 4 undead, and it went off, a puff of smoke coming out of both the barrel and the hole in a tree. Whoops. The zombies turned towards the rifle, then the bullet hole, not noticing the gun flashes that hid the bullets coursing through their skulls. What do I got? 8 rifle shots, 11... Make that 10 in the pistol mag, one in the chamber, and 2 extra mags of 15.... thought Reni, as each of the 4 zombies' bodies hit the ground, un-undead. 4 shells follow the bodies, clinking as they hit the sidewalk, across the street from the shop. By the time the last shell succumbs to gravity, Reni has already pivoted his left foot. By the time they stop bouncing, he has taken a running step.

Guest Yorrick

The song was wrapping up as the coyote heard more gun-fire and a truck pulling up. Switching off his player, he fumbles down the roof a little bit, measuring the distance. Maybe about 15 feet. If he lands right he'll be fine. However, the moaners downstairs need to be taken out, first.

Cackling, he pulls out a single stick of TNT and lights it with his Anarki lighter. He throws down the stick just as he spots the truck a few few blocks down. "This'll get them running". He chuckles

He grabs his bag and issues a piercing whistle as the lighted stick tumbles down and lands into the middle of the crowd...

"H-" gasped Reni, hearing the coyote's whistle, pivoting on the ball of his right foot, and pushing off, digitigrade. Step after step takes Reni further away from that stick of TNT. The zombies begin to chase him, and the wick burns down. Reni whips around, and empties the last remaining 11 bullets in his gun into the general direction of their legs, hoping to keep them in the blast radius, whilst staying out himself. The wick still burns down....

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats nodded..before noticing a rather odd glowing stick. Explosive!? Crap. And what that one guy had said did not improve his mood. "HENRY!"

Xilats shouted, unloading a few more rounds before tossing the clip.

That's when he heard the groaning.

Xilats paused and turned, looking behind him at a pharmacy.

"Diraziol Immunizers Here!" Said a cheery sign, with a little cartoon wolf holding a needle.

"CRAP."

Diraziol was the deathsentance of many a town...and is still one for those who come across stockpiles.

Xilat's clicked his radio on.

"We need to move, now! There's an Immuno in the Area!"

"Immuno? What the hell is an Immuno?" said Reni, into his radio. Judging by the tone of his voice, Reni figured he should reload. After diving behind a stone basin that was re-used to hold flowers, Reni unloaded the clip from his gun, caught it, and pocketed it. He inserted a fresh clip of 15 rounds, and one bullet moved into the chamber after he cocked the lever back.

((I'm waiting for Henry to react to the TNT...))

"HENRY!" Henry turns as the stick rolled to a stop a couple of feet from him.

:- "Today's just not my day." Henry runs up a tree out of range of the dynamite's blast and the reach of the zombies.

"We need to move now! There's an Immuno in the Area!" Henry heard the shout since his radio was still off. "Oh god, no!" Henry leaps tree to tree towards the direction of the truck. He stops beside Reni. "Don't just stand there! Didn't you hear there's an Immuno loose in this area!"

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats climbed off his truck, and opened his cab door. He pulled his shotgun out, cocking it, and carefully shutting the door again.

"We won't have to find out if nothing makes a big boom!" He muttered into the radio microphone, clambering behind a car. He didn't want  his truck hurt!

((Which I hope is going to happen, Heeeee.  :clap:))

Looks over to Xilat :- "Did you forget about that stick of dynamite over there?" Points to the dynamite ready to explode.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

"...Mother."

Xilats whispered, clamping his ears down with his paws.

Hoping to shoot part of the explosives away from the exceptionally long wick, Jesse aimed his rifle, and fired. The gun didn't fire. F*** my.... he cursed. The wick finally burned down to the explosives, and the spark went in. For half a second, nothing happened, as if it was a dud. Suddenly, a small ball of flame expanded outward from the stick, and the windows of the store shattered and flew inward. Reni, caught in the concussion wave, seemed to notice this all in slow motion. The bird attempting to take off from the store sign, all the grass pointing away from the explosion, parts of the sidewalk lifting a few inches into the air before breaking apart, the crippled zombies being launched and fragmented, a small ripple of air traveling along the ground in all directions, passing by Reni's bod- "Huagh!" shouted Reni as the concussion wave blew him backwards about 2 meters. "Life. F*** my life," he muttered.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilat's closed his eyes and curled up as a very, VERY loud scream echoed from out of the town.

Xilats looked up..and saw it in the window. His eyes widened, and he ran, the coyote swearing to every god he could think of and then as few made up ones. The bullet proof glass cracked once, and then exploded outward as what had been a wolf fur came shooting out, almost pinning the coyote.

The wolf was mishapped, with huge powerful hand paws, and a bigger upper chest, it's strength was evident. It's lowe rbody, while having not grown as much as the upper, was still powerful enough to launch it into a jump.

What was more horrific was it's face. In the midst of it's white face as a splatter of blood, around it's jaw where it hung unnaturally low.

It rasped as it chased Xilats, who ran past Henry and down the street. Xi turned and unloaded two rounds into the things face, causing it to scream in annoyance. Xi shuddered as he swore his eardrums popped.

"HELP!

He yelled, as the creature crushed a zombie Xi had passed.

"Great Caesars ghost...." muttered Reni, eyes and mouth gaping open, hidden under the mask. After grasping onto the fact that there is a gigantic mutant wolf chasing after a coyote in front of a shop called Herb's (WTF.....), he aimed his pistol at the Immuno, angled down, and shot three times. One hit the thing's right knee cap, another in the right thigh, the last missed, and the thing stumbled. It stopped for a split second, and moved back about 3 feet after getting 5 rounds to the torso, grasping its chest in pain. Reni pulled out his utility/Swiss Army knife, opened the regular blade, and lunged at the thing, getting it in the arm the first time, since it was flailing around somewhat. The second stab landed the blade in the left shoulder, the third was an overhead stab (Instead of holding it with the blade pointing up, moving wrist to stab forward, he held it with the blade downward) that grazed its ear, and went into where the shoulder meets the neck. The blade must have nicked a nerve, since the thing's left arm went limp, and it began to howl in pain. The thing gave Reni a right uppercut, sending him flying onto the grass in front of the church.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

"NO! " Xilats yelled, both at Reni and to the Immuno.

Xilats growled, firing a few rounds at its face, before running at it and smashing it in the side of it's head with the butt of his shot gun.

That stunned, causing it to grip it's head. Xi didn't have long

Xi shot a glance at Reni, before running over to try to help up, before the things  as the things wounds began to become covered in a chitinous substance. It's left arm shook, and seemed to swell.

"Come on, let's get you up!"

"Run. Just trust me, I'll be fine, just go! The zombies and most likely this thing interprets everything that moves as prey. Get it to run past me! Trust me! Go!" shouted Reni, picking up his rifle. "I've got 8 shots. 8 rifle blasts to the head can kill anything! Now, go, goddammit, GO!"

Reni realized his gun had jammed up before, so he checked the safety. Stupid... He bumped it when he tried to shoot the dynamite earlier, so he set it to 'armed.' He propped up the bi-pod and set it on his legs. so he could aim. in front of him while lying on his back.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

Xilats wished he could have argued, but found himself knocked over by a piece of rubble. He held his side, lumbering up as the wolf ran towards him. "Eight shots to the head? This thing has had two shot gun blasts!"

Xilats began to run, the wolf chasing.

Come on, come on.... There we go, smile for the crosshairs. Compensate for gravity, semi-auto, set, thought Reni, Do what Rico taught you. Exhale... and SQUEEZE! The muzzle flash caught the thing's attention, and the bullet hit near the top of it's head, cracking its skull. Exhale... and SQUEEZE! Another shot. This time it hit the thing's right eye. Exhale... and SQUEEZE! Exhale... and SQUEEZE! Exhale... and SQUEEZE! 3 shots, one to the forehead, one to the jaw, one grazing the left temple. The thing stood there, in pain, on its knees. Reni got up, and fired off his last 3 high-powered rifle rounds, this time, he was kneeling, so he could shoot more accurate, on a stationary target.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

All entering the left temple, near the graze wound. The thing dropped to the ground, either dead, or unconscious. (Just in case you guys want it to get up so you can take a crack at it.)

Guest TheBaldurNoob

The thing fell and collapsed, still breathing.

Xilats huffed, bending over with his paws on his knees.

"G-Good. We have a little bit to get out of here before it wakes back up."

It should've been dead. But these tings only died if the damage was irreprable.

While it's brain may have been damaged enough to knock it out, it didn't kill it. It would probably just grow newer twisted brain cells.

Reni sighed in relief. Checking his handgun magazine, there were 7 bullets left. His face twitched. A slight slip of emotion. Anger. He walked over to the body, and blasted 2 rounds into its head, his lips quivering in madness, underneath his mask. Another two shots. And another. His whole body twitching and shaking. The twitch made his right index finger contract, pulling the trigger for that last shot.

Guest TheBaldurNoob

It was now definitely dead.

It's breathing stopped, and sickly purple liquid slipped out of it's head.

Xilats quickly covered his muzzle, as the substance stank.

"...are..are you okay?"

(Dang! I missed all the action ;)  Now let me see what I can use as an excuse...)

Henry was pinned down under what was left of a large oak tree that fell under the dynamite's explosion. All Henry could do was watch as his alleys fought the monstrous beast. "Ugh! I can't get out!" Shouted Henry as Reni was thrown into the church yard. "I must help them!" Henry grabbed his rifle and tried to pry the tree off him, but with no luck. Henry was just too weak. Soon the battle was over and Henry was still stuck. "WHY AM I SO USELESS!" Henry said to himself sadly and angrily.