Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Do you play an instrument? and if so then what kind?

I used to play the Bassoon and the Sousaphone, but I don't play those anymore cause I'm not in highschool. I can play some acoustic guitar and fiddle with the piano, but now I play the computer keyboard, literally. (FLStudio 11)

I played the Baritone horn, if anyone actually knows what that is. It's kinda like a mini tuba.

Hey! I play the Euphonium! Kind of similar, except the bell just goes straight up instead of curving like it does on a baritone.

I play, or rather, used to play, piano. Took lessons for 7 years, although I really only got about as much out of it as maybe 3 or 4 years. I have discipline/focus problems >.>

I really like playing, love that sheer "hell yeah" when you're playing a difficult part and you're going by muscle memory/practice so your hands are going faster than your mind. But it's been so long, I'm way out of practice. I still have an old (and by old I mean 2001) yamaha keyboard, but after playing on regular pianos (and a couple really awesome baby grands) not having the pressure touch just makes it feel all....eh. I miss playing.

Just the piano.  I can play pretty much anything if I have the sheet music in front of me, but I'm terrible at playing by memory.

Currently I play mostly trombone, bass trombone, tuba, and sousaphone... so pretty much trombone, tuba, and fancy versions of both.

I also have started writing my own music.

For those of you that still play instruments... what music do you guys play? Currently the band I am in is very Disney based in music.

I used to practice piano, but I could never get myself to sit down and learn to play properly. My problem lies in not being able to read music notes quickly enough.  :blush:

On the other hand, I seem to have a skill at playing short pieces of music by ear without the need of sheet music. Nothing too advanced, mind you, but it's a start~!  :happy:

I've played the piano ever since I was little.

During middle school and high school (7th-12th grade) I played the french horn which was the most amazing thing ever.

Right now I'm trying to learn the ocarina, so that's cool too.

I play piano/keyboards and write electronic music.  I used to have several keyboards but have sold them off in order to move out.  I have a Casiotone MT-240 currently which I use as a MIDI controller, and I sold a Sears 1960s Silvertone organ recently as well. 

I play trombone and guitar, and was at one time part of a band.  we even had some of our work up on Itunes for a time... mostly cover songs, but a few originals among them...

I played the clarinet for around 4 years but had to stop playing for about a year when my dentist said it was causing my front lower teeth to bend back so after getting braces and waiting a year I never had the interest to go back.

Aside the compulsory recorder thingy at school, I've taken piano lessons for a good number of years. Hadn't really the chance to keep doing it, given I had to move around the country on a regular basis after high school, and uhm, pianos aren't quite portable.