Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Do you play an instrument? and if so then what kind?

I've never had any lessons or anything, though I had minor guidance at first on bass guitar, and though I've made effort at learning, I have little concept of being able to read music - I do everything by ear. Piano: started by banging on keys as a baby, been teaching myself ever since but never got to what I would consider really good at it

Recorder: everyone in America learns this one, I think, but I was like the star of the class. I quickly dropped it though

Bass guitar: picked it up because my high school music class didn't have a bassist and learned fast. This is the one instrument I feel I'm really good at, I could probably take over for any band whose music I know well enough, and I can even write bass lines, something I'm not fluent enough to do with any other instrument

Guitar: got a Squier Strar for Christmas a few months ago and I've pretty much got a hang of chords, though note picking I suspect will take much longer to master.

Harmonica: trying to learn, but not very diligently.

Upright bass: tried once, and found I really adapted to it fast from bass guitar experience, though these are prohibitively expensive for me right now

Vocals: iuno if this counts as an instrument, but people at my high school still remember my performance of Walking In Memphis on piano/vocals in 2006. I have a sort of unique voice: a very deep voice, a bit like Bob Mould meets Marc Cohn

Song writing: no. XD

Guest Draconic

I play a lot of guitar, mostly improvisation. I have a lot of problems remembering other people's solos note for note so i just come up with whatever i can on the spot. I've been studying music (fairly passively) for a 3-4 years, learning scales, modes, chords that scarcely receive any attention in more popular music. I play a lot of rock with hints of jazz, and I try to keep the music entertaining for my audience. I constantly receive a lot of very positive feedback and a number of local musicians prefer to play music with me to other, more experienced, guitarists.

Although I do what I can to make my sound my own, I've heard a lot of Steve Vai and Carlos Santana comparisons, and though I lack the raw skill that they have, I do admit that at least Santana was a big influence of mine growing up. Smooth was the first song I learned how to play, note for note, entirely by ear.

Guest awtuck

I know piano and used to play the recorder in elementary school. I really love the sound of the piano, it's easy to play but still requires some skill and knowledge. I also at one point tried to teach myself guitar but that never really suited my fancy. I want to learn the cello next, I've always loved the sound and want to learn so bad, I have to purchase a cello first though x3 I've also tried my hand at producing music but I don't really have the equipment or money to do that right now.

Guest VextheDragon

i know this topic has been revieved twice now, but i can't belive i never posted in this.

i;m a guitar player, one look around my room tells you this (11 guitars on show an a couple of unfinished ones too)

that said i also do half decenet false/fry chord screams

Guest Mcbattle

I Play the electric guitar (and acoustic) and am fairly good at it. I also can make some chip-tune but not much.

Guest Jushara

I have played piano most of my life ^_^; and can play guitar acceptably. sometimes. Keyboards are still my passion though

I like to consider my self "good" and used to do ambient spheres for backing my old induction tapes X_X

I play by ear.which has it's ups and downs. been TRYING to get into a band :P with no luck

I have spent more money on my keyboards than I have on my car :\ fun

I play french horn, but i can also play the piano, the trumpet(better than i can play horn sometimes), the flugel horn, the mellephone, and the alto sax. I want to learn chello but i dont think im going to have access to one any time soon. I can also make music using FL studio but that doesnt count.

Guest Peachpudding

I've been playing guitar for a couple of years now, along the way i've picked up the harmonica and enough piano to be able to play along to songs. I play some bass too. Its fun.

Guest Kirisake

I play the scottish snare drum, and have attempted to learn the bodhran, with limited success so far. I'm teaching myself a little harp, as well. Who wouldn't want to learn the harp?

Guest Jak

I used to play some acoustic guitar and alto saxophone but i stopped playing years ago. I wish i could play piano and i would like to learn to play the transverse flute but i'm shy and it looks like a more "feminine" instrument...  :oops:

Guest The Zen Riolu

I have tons of various virtual synthesizers of an assortment that I play. My current favorite is my Yamaha DX7 replication, it sounds so beautiful when tweaked and played correctly. I also used to be a floutist years before that, though I dont know about now. I can play piano but not very fast as my brain doesnt compute the notes on the sheet fast as some.

I've played several instruments.

I started with piano, for several years.

Then moved to guitar before trying the french horn, and I still play the guitar from time to time.

Guest Ryden Purrson

I've played a few instruments, started off with the banjo then worked my way up to a guitar (which to this day I just can't seem to get the hang of :thinking:). I'm also told that I have a talent for the piano, but it's always been difficult for me to grasp. I don't practice anymore because it was a lot of work (though if I was honest, I just hate the note sheets that I get in my old band class, I could never read those things :shiftyeyes:).

But yah, that's it for me... guitar and piano... Yup.

Guest Indigo

I play the flute, though I haven't played in a long time...

Guest tskunk

I play the uke and the guitar I own a banjo and have various harmonicas but I'm not proficient in them just yet.

Guest CorytheOtter

I played the Baritone horn, if anyone actually knows what that is. It's kinda like a mini tuba.

baritonehorn.jpg

This shinyass mothafugga.

I played piano for several years when I was younger, and in middleschool I played french horn. Now the most I do is occasionally play the guitar, but I've a;ways liked playing music.

It's been quite a while since this one was updated, but since I've noticed it's been revived quite a few times before...

I play the keyboard, though I suck at it - I have trouble playing with both hands, and I know about seven chords at most, and I'm learning to play the bass. I love that instrument, but most of the people I talked to barely even know what its role is in bands. o.o

I played keyboard as sort of a step out of percussion. Playing the bells and xylophone got me into it, but recently I have not been playing much (fine not at all really), I guess I lost my drive for it, but visual art has taken a noticeable step ahead.