Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Do you play an instrument? and if so then what kind?

Guest orioles03   
Guest orioles03

Hmmm... Wow it has been a while since I last posted here.  :P  Life hit me hard and just left me logging in here to keep my account alive. But consider myself returned. Back on track...

Bass Guitar (main instrument both upright and electric)

Cello

Guitar

Trumpet

Trombone (main brass instrument even though I started on trumpet)

Saxophone

F Horn and Mellophone (mellophone just marching F horn with trumpet fingerings)

Baritone

Tuba

Brass instruments are mostly the same fingerings, its just the mouthpiece really. And like Siberieux  said, string instruments are similar too. I wanna play the ukulele though.

I played all in contests in High School except Cello and Guitar. Mainly jazz but I also play bass guitar with my church band that plays quite a bit for conferences. I do some jazz gigs when people need me. All instruments self taught since the high school teacher was a joke and I wasn't about to pay $15 a week for a teacher to say, "play your B flat scale now". >:0 Music and animals are my life.  :clap:

Guest pohners   
Guest pohners

Well technically, it does because you are manipulating your vocal chords in a way to produce music. :P

Ahhh, most excellent then!

Yes, I do play an instrument then

Guest Kadain   
Guest Kadain

Ahhh, most excellent then!

Yes, I do play an instrument then

So then what do you sing or what's or normal range? Like do you

sing as an Alto, Baritone, Tenor, etc?

Guest foxfire18   
Guest foxfire18

Whoever started this topic knows what I like to do! MUSIC!!!  :D :D :D :D

I can play the following: 1. The recorder

2. The ocarina

3. Piano (not perfectly, but i am able to play with sheet music fairly well)

4. Mario Paint (don't make fun of me)

5. Stylophone (haven't truly figured it out all of the way yet.)

6. Some Xylophone, Glockenspiel, etc... (THANK YOU PRESCHOOL MUSIC)

7. I've played handbells once or twice.......

8. I'm pro at playing the vocal cords (Tenor, and seriously....I'm going to college for this)

9. I've just started writing songs for the Gameboy using LSDJ.

And yes, Jesse.....I think this whole topic is intended to make you jealous

JesseTV   

Whoever started this topic knows what I like to do! MUSIC!!!  :D :D :D :D

I can play the following: 1. The recorder

2. The ocarina

3. Piano (not perfectly, but i am able to play with sheet music fairly well)

4. Mario Paint (don't make fun of me)

5. Stylophone (haven't truly figured it out all of the way yet.)

6. Some Xylophone, Glockenspiel, etc... (THANK YOU PRESCHOOL MUSIC)

7. I've played handbells once or twice.......

8. I'm pro at playing the vocal cords (Tenor, and seriously....I'm going to college for this)

9. I've just started writing songs for the Gameboy using LSDJ.

And yes, Jesse.....I think this whole topic is intended to make you jealous

>:D

JesseTV   

Interesting note: My friend Kody and I are having a musical battle. Him, guitar, me, FamiTracker. Gonna be fun.

Hmmm... Wow it has been a while since I last posted here.  :D  Life hit me hard and just left me logging in here to keep my account alive. But consider myself returned. Back on track...

Bass Guitar (main instrument both upright and electric)

Cello

Guitar

Trumpet

Trombone (main brass instrument even though I started on trumpet)

Saxophone

F Horn and Mellophone (mellophone just marching F horn with trumpet fingerings)

Baritone

Tuba

Brass instruments are mostly the same fingerings, its just the mouthpiece really. And like Siberieux  said, string instruments are similar too. I wanna play the ukulele though.

Get yourself a Baritone Ukulele, its the exact same tuning as the upper 4 strings of a guitar (or lower 4 possibly?).  Either way, if you can play the guitar proficiently, you can play the Baritone Uke.  They also tend to be cheaper than a concert tuned or tenor.  I got mine for $60.

Guest adriky1012   
Guest adriky1012

I play the piano. Ive played it since I was like 6 or 7, I think. I play it for at least an hour each day, if not more. Right now, my favorite songs to play are modern rock songs, such as Cancer (My Chemical Romance) and Viva la Vida. I have tried to play the guitar and cello in my past, but I have failed epically at both.

Guest Latios111   
Guest Latios111

I tried to play violin in the third grade, but I got board of it and I quit... I want to play drums because I like the sound of them...otherwise, I can't think of nothing.

JouninJ   

I have an ocarina  and a guitar and a keyboard i can play on them a little

But to say i can actualy play it good is a diffrent thing XD

But i like just messing around with it n.n

Guest Latios111   
Guest Latios111

I have done that too...there are actually times where I sound like a pro, and well, others not XD

Guest Friskette Fox   
Guest Friskette Fox

Have an Ocarina and a Recorder, used to play Flute as well and im trying to learn the Clarinet  :clap:

Guest mattspew   
Guest mattspew

Guitar, bass guitar, cello, didgeridoo (lol), drumkit... Best at guitar tho. :)

Huh; I didn't post in here.

Guitar (electric and acoustic)

Keyboard

Sequencer (if that counts)

I also sing, but I'm hardly the next pop sensation. (My range is something like E3-E5 - not helpful when your guitars are tuned to DADGBE)

JesseTV   

mattspew, please don't post in topics older than 14 days. It brings them back to the top of the list after being dead for a long-ass time.

Although, this kind of thread has no real direction, so I don't see a problem with this one.

If I haven't said yet, I play FamiTracker. Not too badly, if I might add.

I've been singing in chorus for...going on six years now (two in middle school, and coming up on my fourth for High School), and I intend to get into whatever choir is at the college I head off to. I used to be able to sing many soprano parts in middle school (not exaggerating here; at least having the notes in my range), and sang tenor freshman year and half of sophomore year. Since then, I sing bass and baritone. Mostly bass.

I've been playing guitar for about that long. I've been playing jazz guitar in my high school's jazz band and all-county.

I play a little harmonica.

Chiptunes :D

A bit of piano. Can't read worth a hoot, though. I used to be able to about ten years ago in elementary.

Edited by Scouto2

Guest McMajik   
Guest McMajik

I play guitar, but I'm really into the studio/production side of music too, and have a home studio setup. I also play a bit of bass (when needed for studio stuff) and dabble with vocals (but I have a horrible horrible voice, had some lessons but they couldnt help me) :P

Guest lakotalutrova   
Guest lakotalutrova

I played the Violin and being a big guy with big hands (seriously, no joke), I surprised my class mates by being second chair of the 1st violin section throughout my high school years (in orchestral terms, that's like being in 2nd best in violins).

Tried learning to play the guitar a few years ago, but sorta stopped. Always loved the recorder when I was younger and wasn't half bad. Would LOVE to learn how to play the flute! ^_^

Kai   

'old thread is old, but i'll play the game.

I can play piano fairly efficiently (not enough to major in it, but with practice can play enough to perform some smaller things).

Other than that most of my instrumentation falls under the use of technology (Garageband, LSDJ, etc.)

Now as a musician, I am studying Voice Performance in college.....which includes a glorious tale of adventure and shtuff that i don't feel like getting into right now.