Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Do you play an instrument? and if so then what kind?

Guest Black Tiger

I myself dont play an instrument but i have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, i guess u can say it intrigues me

I just thought it would be intresting to see wat kind of musical talent Furmorhphed has to offer

I used to play recorder. You know, that little plastic flute thingy.

I tried clarinet, but my band teacher was going the route where they taught us all these complex thing instead of the notes, and how to play them.

I tried guitar, but I gave up after a year of trying.

I can do a bit of chiptune, but not well.

I used to do clarinet in middle school, but I quit after two years and took up piano instead. Not that I'm exactly the best piano player out there...

Guest Lavrin

I'm currently learning to play the guitar, I go to guitar lessons every Monday, want to eventually get better, lol

I've been playing the trumpet for six years, but I started out playing the piano when I was much younger, which I why I guess which is why I took to a new instrument so naturally. I've played around with my sister's guitar a bit, but beyond that I can't say I have much experience with it.

I used to play piano but after about a year of getting absolutely nowhere I got rid of that. I've been playing guitar for about two and a half years now though (mostly self-taught) and I've sorta tried learning to play the harmonica. Also learning to play a mandolin but I only know three songs for that >.<

Guest furmadness58

i play the drums, if that counts as an instrument. (they are harder than they look)

I can play guitar, drums, the recorder (as well as you learn how to in 5th grade, anyways) and my own voice if you consider it an instrument in the death metal sense. I'm mostly sheet-music illiterate though, so I need to hear a song before I can attempt it. Or for guitars, see the fingering.

I can play guitar, drums, the recorder (as well as you learn how to in 5th grade, anyways) and my own voice if you consider it an instrument in the death metal sense. I'm mostly sheet-music illiterate though, so I need to hear a song before I can attempt it. Or for guitars, see the fingering.

Yeah, make me jealous.

I might be getting a friend to teach me basic guitar technique this summer, and if I can complete my half drumset, or get my RB2 set to work as a virtual set on a PC, I'll learn basic drumming.

I might be getting a friend to teach me basic guitar technique this summer, and if I can complete my half drumset, or get my RB2 set to work as a virtual set on a PC, I'll learn basic drumming.

If you ever get the chance to do the opposite and hook real drums up to RB2, you should try it. Way better gameplay.

The instruments that I own and can play are as follows:

Cello

Baritone Ukulele

Tenor Ukulele

Mandolin (and violin by extension)

Acoustic and electric guitar

electric bass guitar(acoustic and stand up as well, but i don't own them)

Theremin

And last but not least, the musical Saw

The one thing all of these instruments have in common?  By the definition of the type of instrument, they're all string instruments.  If you can play one string instrument, you can play all others, you just have to keep in mind the intervals between each string.

The instruments that I own and can play are as follows:

Cello

Baritone Ukulele

Tenor Ukulele

Mandolin (and violin by extension)

Acoustic and electric guitar

electric bass guitar(acoustic and stand up as well, but i don't own them)

Theremin

And last but not least, the musical Saw

The one thing all of these instruments have in common?  By the definition of the type of instrument, they're all string instruments.  If you can play one string instrument, you can play all others, you just have to keep in mind the intervals between each string.

Make me jealous, why don't you?

Guest lynnvulpes

I can play the piano somewhat, and I can read sheet music also. I can play a song without reading the sheet music if I practice enough.

I started playing viola in middle school to get out of gym, for I was extra lazy back then (for some reason...). I actually got insanely good over the years, as all through high school the orchestra teacher refused to let me quit. I've stopped playing since then and started playing the sitar. It's kind of hard though, because it has to be played in the Indian heptatonic scale.. I always used to play drums at my friend's house before he moved away or died (I honestly have no idea what happened to him). As of late, I've been trying to get a drumset. A decent one is surprisingly expensive.

So anyway.

Viola - quickly forgetting

Sitar - slowly learning

Drums - all I need are drums

Guest Kadain

I have played the Clarinet when I was in Elementary school, and then I

moved on to the Eb Alto Saxophone. Personally, I like to think I'm good at

it  :) Though I havent played it for a few months...I should fix that soon.

Yeah, make me jealous.

Found the drum trainer on RB2. Gotta get a second petal and the three cymbals, then I'm gonna learn myself some drums!

Guest pohners

I'm guessing not, but I'll ask - does being able to play yourself, ie, singing, count as an instrument?

I'm guessing not, but I'll ask - does being able to play yourself, ie, singing, count as an instrument?

I would say, yes.

Guest Kadain

Well technically, it does because you are manipulating your vocal chords in a way to produce music. :)