Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Black Tiger

What kind of music do you listen to?

I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this, considering the size and variety of my music collection. I don't like a lot of rap, modern pop, or modern country (some of the older stuff is pretty good, though). What my favorite is pretty much depends entirely on my mood, the time of year, and what I have in the car at the moment. I've been listening to the Russian band ДДТ a decent bit lately, partly because I like them a lot, partly because it helps me actually translate my Russian class into trying to use the language. One of my favorite songs by them if you don't mind listening to Russian:

The name translates to That Is It, or That Is All.

Most of their songs are much more rock oriented, such as this one

Let's see, I listen to a lot of rock in general, King Crimson, a progressive rock group, is one of my favorites. I tend to enjoy instrumental pieces and soundtracks as well.

I never told the forum to make embedded videos. Conclusion; machines are taking over the world.

guys... i just saw the birth of epic medieval music. . . born from rock and jack black in the back of a metallic Mercedes ....

Blind Guardian the band

i thought protest the hero was good but OH EM GEE take a listen

I'd like to say that I'm fairly eclectic. I listen to a little Contemporary Christian here, a little New Age there, some symphonic rock (think Nightwish), Renaissance rock, etc. I have a variety, especially since I write and try to use music to fit the mood I'm trying to evoke.

Guest Rae

Deadmau5 has been pretty standard for me, as of late.

Mostly because I just got a shiny new LG Optimus and INSTANTLY put Pandora on it.

Deadmau5 radio! WEWT~! XD

Guest Draks

I listen to everything apart from hip-hop and Rap. My fav i sprobably techno or tance stuff though i'm very happy to listen to anything

I listen to everything apart from hip-hop and Rap. My fav i sprobably techno or tance stuff though i'm very happy to listen to anything

Im the same way they forgot the C in RAP. every thing else i can find a song or two i dont mind listing too.

Guest score_under
they forgot the C in RAP

I'm still standing by my opinion that rap can be good just as any other genre can, you just need to look in the right places*. Can you name more than 3 different rap artists you've listened to? ;)

*For example, outside of rap, given

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc, you might disown pop forever in the face of 'better genres', when it's way more sensible to judge on a per-song basis.

I'm still standing by my opinion that rap can be good just as any other genre can, you just need to look in the right places*. Can you name more than 3 different rap artists you've listened to? ;)

*For example, outside of rap, given

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc, you might disown pop forever in the face of 'better genres', when it's way more sensible to judge on a per-song basis.

you have a point that's something im still trying to learn to do. every time i say i dislike a genre i seem too find something i like in it. so far i have yet too find a rap song i like I hope one day i do as i like music in general. Funny thing the links you provided i actually listen to the first song a lot mostly the version by Nightwish though. the second i thought was funny in way. :lol: :lol:

Guest Murtag

I'll pretty much listen to anything. I tend not to like classical music (Like Mozart) Though that does not discount ochestral music, not by a long shot. I really like game or film OSTs too. Examples are shadow of the colossus and Laputa castle in the sky. Other than that I'm very open, I like Dragonforce, Owl City, and Rush all quite a lot. I tend not to touch Jazz and Blues much though, but generally, I like a lot of variety.

Guest ShapeShifter499

ALL KINDS :D but I do tend to not listen to metal

Guest Physcopathicfox

I generally ask this question to every body i meet. I myself couldnt live without music, Its apart of my every day life style.

I listen to R&B, Hip Hop, Rock, metal , practically everything except country i dont have anything against it, i jus cant seem to get into it.

Techno, 50's, classic rock, rap, classical.

Type in DanteAtomosKageokami in youtube search, don't care for my account page but if you find "epic battle music" you got over 100 songs of recommended gaming and mentally pumping art to listen to.

I hit shuffle and auto play, then have these mastery of "epicness" to play throughout as I try to obtain inspiration or to spice up my time with Instant Chat rollplaying action and videogames/MMORPG (Aika)

Alot here are OSTs and things you'll find in shows and games, but if i chose them then it is because the sound of it has spoken to my mind in some way that pulled the essence of my very being to rise.

I listen to Classic Rock, Pop and Alternitive the most however Game is my numberr one. Junichi Masuda and Koji Kondo are indeed my favourite.

Guest Exit

Generally I listen to psychedelic trance, but there are a lot of great songs in other genres, and sometimes I enjoy metal, hip-hop and electronica.

Hmm.

It's kinda hard to say nowadays what genres of music I like. I don't even really know what genres the groups I listen to are.

Anamanaguchi, Sum 41, Linkin Park, Red, Muse, Pendulum, Skillet, 30 Seconds to Mars are my main groups. What genres would they be?

Guest intensefunkid

alternative punk, yknow like

my chemical romance

fall out boy

good charlotte

techno: pretty general, i don't listen to anything specific

and random other bits and pieces

Guest 3DG

I myself listen alot to trance, it is probably my favorite kind of music mainly since it's really relaxing music to listen to. (However not that failed techno remix crap.)

Guest Livyir

I'll go for just about anything, techno, classic rock, country, you name it. My top favorites though are probably metal and smooth jazz. As a guitarist metal is fairly easy to play and very fun while jazz is quite difficult yet rewarding when you can actually play it well.

~Livyir

Guest mattspew

I listen to everything minus country and rap/hip-hop, but my favorites are metal, industrial, trance and experimental (especially dark ambient ^_^ )

Guest fmnik

I listen to:

post-rock

industrial

classic-rock

metal

breakcore

noise

classical music

basically almost everything but hip-hop, country etc..