Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Black Tiger

What kind of music do you listen to?

Guest foxfire18   
Guest foxfire18

As a singer, I have to throw this in there.......................I CANT STAND AUTOTUNE! IT'S FOR THE WEAK AND FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NO TALENT AND CANT SING!

*Insert Tired Emote here*...........................just had to get that outta my system.........but seriously.....electronically modding your voice to sound good requires 0 amounts of musicianship.

JesseTV   

As a singer, I have to throw this in there.......................I CANT STAND AUTOTUNE! IT'S FOR THE WEAK AND FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NO TALENT AND CANT SING!

*Insert Tired Emote here*...........................just had to get that outta my system.........but seriously.....electronically modding your voice to sound good requires 0 amounts of musicianship.

For hiding bad singing I hate Auto-tune. However, for adding a mechanical/computerised effect I can take. Ke$ha is not one of these I can take.

For hiding bad singing I hate Auto-tune. However, for adding a mechanical/computerised effect I can take. Ke$ha is not one of these I can take.

Or for creating the voice of GLADoS with backup-singer turrets? Though I'm using Melodyne and it's being horrid to me, stupid depressing song.

Guest Lonetigre   
Guest Lonetigre

I like the 90's right now im also in to newer stuff anything but rap and country really

EXACTLY. BTW isn't it GlaDOS not GLADoS?

..right. I need to go edit a bunch of misspelled audio tags now. Genetic Lifeform and Disc Operating System. She would respond to "ZA BEASTO!"

Also, does anyone know what filters they put "Still Alive" through? It sounds different from her speaking voice.

00Davo   

Music with a humorous component - anything by Jonathan Coulton, including the aforementioned Still Alive. Also "Weird Al" Yankovic. But mostly JoCo.

Mostly a blend of metal (Progressive mainly), but I'm a bit of a fan of older style rock as well.

On one end of the spectrum, I like songs like "

by Meshuggah.

Becoming slightly more melodic, but just as "chaotic", there's songs like "The Count of Tuscany", by Dream Theater.

I can be a bit of a Power Metal fan as well, one of the few bands I'll listen to is Helloween (example given: "

). Admittedly, I'll occasionally listen to DragonForce, even though (in my opinion) you hear one song, you hear them all. There's only a couple tracks of theirs I'll actually listen to. :-/

But on the complete opposite of rock/metal, I'll listen to stuff like Galt Aureus' "

And since I used to listen to Queen a hell of a lot when I was younger, my favourite track of theirs is "

I'm also a big fan of dance music as well, gearing slightly towards the Hardcore genre (mainly UK Hardcore), which I guess is where my liking of Power Metal comes from. Unfortunately, I don't know any "big name" UK Hardcore artists so I'll just list one of my friends who makes that type of music (DJ Omnimaga: "

). I am a fan of artists like deadmau5 (I love "
). One genre I didn't think I'd be a fan of is a little thing called dubstep.. introduced to High Rankin's "Meow Meow" and I'm quite a fan.. I also blame Renard and his Klippa track "
that was a bit of a catalyst in me liking the genre too.. :P

A lot of electronica-based music I'll like, generally. I'm a bit of a musician myself, so I'll listen to a fair variety.. It's more often than not, a lot of non-charting stuff that I'll actually listen to. I could list every artist I have in my iTunes library, but I don't have the time. :P

I for the most part don't have any sort of pattern. Any song that sounds good to me, I'm off to download it from iTunes straight away. And if I can't, I curse at iTunes, then go find somewhere else to get it. There are probably at least 50 genres in my Library. It could be said that movie and video game score makes up the majority of it, but they just came in the most numerous, since their soundtracks had nothing but them.

Guest Choklat   
Guest Choklat

Huge on music. I like a huge variety of stuff, but for some reason, I'm not too fond of anything too "happy AND upbeat" sounding. Well, moreover, it's cheesiness I can't stand; simple/boring chord progressions, etc. Just because they don't move me in any way.

Favorite genres would be stuff like psychedelic drone, ambient, minimal, soundscapes, et al. "Wonky" hip-hop is a big one. As is dubstep, most of the time. My favorite feature of music is being spellbound by it. Pretty much the same way I get into a trance. If I can listen to music and get a feeling of transfixion, it's all I need. Because I simply enjoy it.

But of course! I often listen for other simple enjoyment reasons too.  :)

Guest xkenja   
Guest xkenja

Personally, I'll listen to most everything...except country.  Right now, I've been listening to a lot more of Prof & St. Paul Slim's album Recession Music as well as Eminem's new album (which I actually like less than Relapse...a lot less) and some Matisyahu.

Personally, I'll listen to most everything...except country.  Right now, I've been listening to a lot more of Prof & St. Paul Slim's album Recession Music as well as Eminem's new album (which I actually like less than Relapse...a lot less) and some Matisyahu.

Let me be a critic for a second.

Relapse was a needy, frantic album. I didn't like it at first. But when compared to Recovery, I'd rather have Relapse 2. At the time, Eminem was trying to get his old popularity back at all costs. He was increasing his speed, stacking tricky sounds and putting his end rhymes wherever he pleased. I really enjoyed the technical aspect. Recovery sounds like he's just really bored. And that is why I don't like rap.

Guest xkenja   
Guest xkenja

Let me be a critic for a second.

Relapse was a needy, frantic album. I didn't like it at first. But when compared to Recovery, I'd rather have Relapse 2. At the time, Eminem was trying to get his old popularity back at all costs. He was increasing his speed, stacking tricky sounds and putting his end rhymes wherever he pleased. I really enjoyed the technical aspect. Recovery sounds like he's just really bored. And that is why I don't like rap.

Hah, I just liked relapse better because it had better songs to smoke to ;).

If I could describe my music tastes in one word, it would be: Eclectic. I've got classic rock, (Mostly Beatles, with some solo John Lennon, at least one Simon & Garfunkel, and Jessica by The Allman Brothers.) pop, (Admiral Twin and Paws For Effect) 80s stuff, (Duran Duran and early U2) rock, (later U2, and REM) and some techno. (Hydroice, Solarus AKA Sunwolf Nightfire, and Tundra Fox, all of whom have FA pages.) What I don't have: Rap and Country.

Guest Implode   
Guest Implode

Mostly a blend of metal (Progressive mainly), there's songs like "The Count of Tuscany", by Dream Theater.

headbang.gif Dream Theater is one of my favorite bands. That's what I listen to.

Guest Navigator   
Guest Navigator

I try to be open-minded. Lots of rock and metal. Lots of soundtracks.

Linkin Park, System of a Down, KMFDM, Rammstein, and Disturbed are in my top ten. Too tired to think of the rest. Really, I'll listen to almost anything. Very little rap, country on a case-by-case basis (almost only if it's funny,) and some classical. Really love Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

Also, one more name to mention: Nobuo Uematsu. That's someone who has never disappointed me.

Evaris   

Classical, Baroque, Classic Rock, Linkin Park, and Neo-Classical.

.  I'll also listen if I have to- anything other than rap.

Guest Jignod   
Guest Jignod

Anything really. When I find a song I like I don't usually go searching in that genre to find more I like. The music I listen to I usually just found somewhere and put it on my iPod  :P