Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Black Tiger

What kind of music do you listen to?

Guest Black Tiger

I generally ask this question to every body i meet. I myself couldnt live without music, Its apart of my every day life style.

I listen to R&B, Hip Hop, Rock, metal , practically everything except country i dont have anything against it, i jus cant seem to get into it.

My mp3 player broke a few days back. This furthers my theory that technology hates me and/or I am somehow irradiated with something that makes technology break faster.

I listen to everything except most rap and most country. Lately I'm into game and movie soundtracks.

I listen to R&B, Hip Hop, Rock, metal , practically everything except country i dont have anything against it, i jus cant seem to get into it.

Same here, cousin. :)

Guest Black Tiger

My mp3 player wont charge any more so it died.

My cousin got me into video game and anime soundtracks but before that i never payed attetion to it.

I like classic rock, the occasional good pop song, and, of course, video game soundtracks. Koji Kondo mostly, but for a lot of my favorites I'm not actually sure who the composer is.

My mp3 player wont charge any more so it died.

My cousin got me into video game and anime soundtracks but before that i never payed attetion to it.

Mine still 'works,' but the screen itself is broken, so I can't navigate to music that well. The only way I know it's on is to push the headphone jack into the mp3 hard, and even if there is no music playing, I can hear a clicking sound. I still need it for a flash drive anyway.

I like classic rock, the occasional good pop song, and, of course, video game soundtracks. Koji Kondo mostly, but for a lot of my favorites I'm not actually sure who the composer is.

Koji Kondo is my favorite composer! That being said, I only listen to videogame music, cartoon theme songs, movie soundtracks, and japanese anime soundtracks occasionally. Koji Kondo and Rare are my favorite composers. I have no idea who sings most of the cartoon theme songs but my favorites are Code Lyoko, Ghostbusters, Pokemon, Teen Titans (sung by Puffy Ami Yumi), Arthur, the Magic School Bus, and the Yu-gi-oh themes and music to duel by. The movie soundtracks I like most are Disney movies, the Mortal Kombat theme, and horror movies. For animes, Doki Doki Do it! from the Mario anime, Yu-gi-oh GX Season 4 theme, and Kiki's Delivery Service are my faves.

Oh, and shouldn't this be in the Music section?

Guest BioftotTincot

actually i dont have specific genres as favorites,i listen to all kinds of music,anything that is good

Wow, an actual response. That makes sense. Good job, BioftotTincot. I hope you become a good member of this forum.

Guest Lavrin

I mostly listen to rock, blues and metal, but there's a few rap and country tunes I like as well. My all time favourite band is Dire Straits, my favourite solo artist is Mark Knopfler who was the lead singer/guitarist who made Dire Straits. Some of my other favourites are Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, AC/DC stuff like that. There's also some video game music I like, much of the music from Castle Crashers was awesome, especially the one they used for the Painter Boss, I liked the music from Morrowind and Oblivion and the old music from the '50s and such they used on the radio in Fallout 3.

I used to be pretty into metal, but I've been getting into lighter, spacier music. Currently, my top ten favourite bands are Porcupine Tree, Yes, Pink Floyd, O.S.I., Dream Theater, Jefferson Airplane, The Beatles, Alice Cooper,  Ludwig Van Beethoven (HELL YEAH!!), and Black Sabbath.

And Led Zeppelin..

And The Alan Parsons Project....

I really shouldn't limit this to ten.

My favourites tend to change every week or so, so it's difficult to choose..

Guest Skyclimber

Everything.  Quite literally, everything.  I realized about half-way through senior year that the genres that I thought I would hate were actually quite good.  I tend to go through phases of genres I want to listen to, but I do have a couple that are continuous favorites: Electronica similar in style to happy hardcore and uplifting trance, game soundtracks, and music about weather.

Guest Flay

I listen to pretty much anything but rap and country. Favorite bands would have to be: Parkway Drive, As I Lay Dying, Rise Against, Asking Alexandria, All That Remains, i could go on but i think i like metal more than anything lol. I plan on going to warped tour this summer, can't wait.

Guest Fureon

Mostly, extreme (and not really) metal, especially progressive and/or melodic death metal, (death/)doom metal, sometimes symphonic metal too.

Besides that, I also enjoy videogame music, chiptunes and some anime soundtracks.

And of course I'm open to other genres, if I like the music they can offer :)

Favorite bands here.

alternative metal, extreme progressive metal, hard rock, heavy metal, in flames,  melodic heavy metal, melodic metal, melodic metalcore, melodic rock, melodic speed metal, melodic thrash metal, metal, nwobhm, progressive, progressive metal, progressive metalcore, progressive rock, soilwork, speed metal, swedish melodic death metal, swedish metal, gothenburg metal, technical metal, technical death metal, thrash metal,.

just to name a few, xD

Guest foxfire18

I listen to pretty much anything but rap and country.

I agree with this statement to the point of calling both country and rap combined: CRAP.

Currently I'm fascinated with Mika and La Roux....Crazy awesome voices

Guest Flay

I agree with this statement to the point of calling both country and rap combined: CRAP.

That's an absolute win, sir. New sig inc, if you don't mind.

Currently I'm fascinated with Mika and La Roux....Crazy awesome voices

Woah, woah. SOME rap is good. Like, Will Smith rap. Not this "Mah shoes, mah car, my hoes, mah house" crap. A LITTLE Eminem is pretty good. Like Hailie's Song.

Guest Fureon

Indeed, there are some good rap songs.

"The Real Slim Shady" is funny and I like "Stan" by Eminem & Dido.

Also rap, as a style of singing, in other genres, is interesting. Linkin Park is cool, for example.

Guest foxfire18

White Boy Rap falls into a whole seperate genre for me........it's the iffy division between being a Rap wannabe and being a pretty good artist...

I DO appreciate a bit of hip-hop tho (THERE IS A DIFFERENCE)......but CRAP is still CRAP.

EDIT: and do what you wish with what i write. it's free game.

Personally I love it when a song is released that I just can't classify, since the blurring of genres is what I love. Except for when country gets into that mix. *shudders*