MirceaKitsune

Using hypnosis to remove bad dreams

A major problem I've had for years has been getting rid of bad dreams, which I now experience on a nightly basis. Each night I either have dreams I cannot remember, or strange dreams that even make me feel dull during the rest of the day. I've been hoping that in addition to mental furry TF, hypnosis could be used to change what I dream of.

They aren't literal nightmares or anything scary that prompts me to wake up, which thankfully I get extremely rarely nowadays. It's just depressing or annoying subjects, taking place in weird and distorted environments. More exactly I experience remixed versions of past life events; The action always takes place in a slightly different version of a location I frequent(ed), involving people from my everyday life (many of which I'd rather not think of), and are centered around subjects which again have happened in my past. By now I'm beyond sick of it, and no longer want my mind poisoned with this junk.

What do I want in their place? As is probably no surprise given the topic of this forum, I seek dreams in which I can spend time with and around other anthros, in what is ideally a better and less mundane / dark / depressing world compared to this one. Whether I can perceive myself as a real furry or not, I wish to at least see and interact with others who are such! I'm not even picky about where the action takes place or what activities happen... though as it might be hard to a keep secret with the subject being a close thing for me, vorish dreams are something I've wanted to have the most (a.k.a. getting eaten by beautiful vixen ladies), which of course is beyond the scope of this thread and something I'll try to only bring up in limited form if ever relevant. Needless to say, I can barely and most vaguely remember ever getting close to dreaming of furries or anything not this world, for the most part it's never happened in my life.

An important thing to clarify about my dreams, which is also what makes this all the more strange: The things I dream of at night are NOT matters I actively think of during the day nor before going to bed! Quite oppositely they're things I have mostly forgotten, and which only seem to surface out of nowhere in said dreams. In fact I look at and think of those things I do want to dream of before heading off for the day, and my mind indeed pictures them right up until I fall asleep... the moment I am asleep however, it's like my brain switches to a completely different set of memories hidden from my brain during its awake activity, which it then forces upon me in those dreams.

Does anyone have any advice that might help with this? Do you think hypnosis can be used to modify what we dream of? If yes then how do I do it please?

I think the use of lucid dreaming should be considered here.

Talk to the people on here about it. I'll also put you in touch with another who knows about it elsewhere.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DanFoxDavies said:

I think the use of lucid dreaming should be considered here.

Talk to the people on here about it. I'll also put you in touch with another who knows about it elsewhere.

I will keep that in mind, and thank you very much! As far as lucid dreaming goes, it's a subject I plan to make a whole new thread on, later when I have the energy for a potentially long writing. Long story short, I was able to do this but VERY rarely (just a few times in my life though most were in recent months), but could not maintain it for more than just a few seconds... the perfect realism and how accurately every rule of physics works still leaves me mesmerized.

Edited by MirceaKitsune

koboldly   

Hypnosis and dreaming (lucid or otherwise) are two different entries into the world of the subconscious. If you're having recurring nightmares, using hypnosis to change the subject or focus of your dreams probably won't do very much. If I were you, I would keep track of the emotional beats of your dreams and try to investigate why these things are scary for you, or what pressures are causing you to return to them. You can certainly use hypnotherapy to address many of these things (fear of loneliness, frustration/fear of people in your life, etc.), but standard therapy or some form of professional counseling are most likely your best bet. Even though you've "forgotten" about a lot of what brings these emotions to light, in that you avoid thinking about them or repress feelings towards them, your subconscious certainly has not. I don't know your specific situation, and I'm not a professional, but it sounds like you need an honest and non-confrontational environment to untangle and reconcile some of the things you're feeling, and that using hypnosis to extract or suppress these dreams doesn't really solve your problems as much as it prevents a symptom of them. Good luck to you, whatever you decide!

• Like 2