MirceaKitsune

Getting through to my subconscious mind

As mentioned in my intro, I haven't really messed around with hypnosis until now. This has in part been due to a major limitation that seems to apply to me, which makes any attempt in this regard unsuccessful; My mind remains awake and aware at all times, unless my entire body falls asleep... thus I can't fully do things such as meditation and hypnosis.

From what I could tell over the years, the problem stems from my mind being locked in a permanent state of awareness and alert; As long as I'm still awake, I am knowledgeable of being awake and of all of my everyday memories, most of which are stressful further making this an issue. Even if I try not to think about stuff, a thought from everyday life will still eventually resurface, and minutes may pass before I'm aware of that and try to focus again. I assume this is additionally fueled by me being constantly paranoid and alert and generally untrusting of everything, which are also issues I'm not sure how to fix at this stage.

What do you recommend in order to shut down the awake part of my brain? How can I make hypnosis get through my alert mind, and able to actually work with my consciousness? For all this time, my subconscious mind has been a spot I could never in any way get to and modify, as if it's locked away in a safe and what's there is there forever... I am in part here as I'm hoping to learn how to break into it, which is required to fix problems that have made life a lot harder.

Trance does not mean becoming unaware or falling asleep, even only in the mind. It is about moving your awareness to a different focus, a different frequency. You are supposed to know about and remember what is going on in trance, this is not anaesthesia. Thoughts surfacing is normal, the trick in meditation is to let them surface but to pay attention to the silence behind them instead. It is also, in trance, to occupy your mind with disengaging your muscles and unwinding tension. A good hypnotist will give such instructions in their trance induction. Don't worry about trying to get /into/ your subconscious, that's not the objective. Rather, let it do its thing as you listen to the hypnosis file. Your subconscious will know what to do. It doesn't need breaking into.
My advice is to listen to some practise trance inductions which have no actual transformations or other suggestions to install aside from making trance easier.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DanFoxDavies said:

Trance does not mean becoming unaware or falling asleep, even only in the mind. It is about moving your awareness to a different focus, a different frequency. You are supposed to know about and remember what is going on in trance, this is not anaesthesia. Thoughts surfacing is normal, the trick in meditation is to let them surface but to pay attention to the silence behind them instead. It is also, in trance, to occupy your mind with disengaging your muscles and unwinding tension. A good hypnotist will give such instructions in their trance induction. Don't worry about trying to get /into/ your subconscious, that's not the objective. Rather, let it do its thing as you listen to the hypnosis file. Your subconscious will know what to do. It doesn't need breaking into.
My advice is to listen to some practise trance inductions which have no actual transformations or other suggestions to install aside from making trance easier.

I see. My idea mostly came from previous experience with getting close to a trance, which I can do more easily now as I practiced a lot but never all the way.

The way I seem to work can be put on an axis: On the left side, I am completely awake and aware so nothing is capable of influencing my mind... on the right side (didn't fully get here yet), my brain remains biologically awake but I'm completely unaware of any memory from this life or of my self here. The realism of the experience always seems to be proportional to this axis: The more my mind is on the left side, the simpler and more dull my experience is (starting from a daydream I'm merely envisioning)... whereas the more it's on the right side, the more realistic it gets (up to a lucid dream 100% as real as everyday life, I got here extremely rarely).

As for my subconscious mind: The problem I've had for years is that I've got a lot of stuff locked in it that I need to get rid of, however the area in my mind where they seem to be stuck is completely inaccessible to me. It's like a whole different brain, which only influences me in ways so subtle I can't even notice them directly, whereas if I'm sleeping it becomes active and trolls me with bad dreams (my thread on that here). This is why my objective has been to scorch what's currently in the back of my mind, and replace it with things that will hopefully stop supplying my depression and help keep me more sane.

Edited by MirceaKitsune

You do not need to scorch it out or cause yourself mental harm. You just need to make the conditions right and your subconscious will free itself up from the tangle it's in.