Coyotech

What got you into TF?

11 posts in this topic

Just out of curiosity...

What got you into the idea of transforming into a furry/animal, or what is exciting to you about it? 

May as well post since I haven't been on in a long time.

I started was back in middle school with like youtube tg videos, because of wanting to be a girl for a day. it kinda spiraled from there, centered more on youtube, going into animal tfs, then after a while I found this site. Then here I am.

1 person likes this

I think I was a closeted furry most of high school, lol. It wasn't really till my Junior year or so that I really discovered and started investigating what was possible with hypnosis. From there, I happened to stumble into a couple of people with similar interests who said I should check out this forum way back when. 

I think its the prospect of being what you want to be, especially if there are physical limitations of reality. Honestly, as furries, that's a big part of why most people do it. They leave their life for a bit and intensely pretend to be something else for a bit. The hypnosis aspect of it only helps to add to the "realism" (if you can even call it that) and especially the immersion. You ARE this character, or person, or species, or thing, or robot... whatever suits your fancy. Or at least as far as your psyche will permit xD

1 person likes this

Closetfur for a long time, only been open and calling myself a furry for a bit over a year now. I've always been entranced with dragons, ever since I was a young child. The word "severe" isn't even enough to describe the extent. I've always used fantasy literature and media as escapism from grief, pain, and boredom, to an unhealthy extent. It was probably my best coping method I had at time, especially transformation.

I hated myself for being a stupid fat loser, that everybody hated on (lots of people still hate me, actually!), and I'd always love transformation stories. How awesome would it be if I could shed this human form, become an awesome dragon, and fly away into Middle Earth or Alagaesia? I found out about hypnosis about 6 months ago, and experiment every now and then. Only got super tangible results the last two nights, and that wasn't with a furry TF file. 

I'm probably dragonkin. Not by spiritual way, but more by mental illness, which I imagine was partially triggered by my autism and constant obsession. I don't really want permanent results, but I want to know what it's like. I want to be strong, and brave, and heroic, in all the ways I can't already be. I may be that, but I don't feel it all the time. I love, help others, exercise, and push myself physically, mentally, and spiritually, to better myself in every way I know, but sometimes things just don't feel right. 

That's what got me into furry TF, and why I'm here. 

1 person likes this

I have been interested in transformation as long as I can remember. I grew up with a lot of D&D books lying around, and many times, transformations were described in detail. I also played a lot of games featuring some kind of transformation (usually magic or metamorphosis), and I used to watch Robotech (though that is a different kind of transformation, involving giant mechs).

I also watched District 9, which came out on one of my birthdays. That is what got me hooked, alongside my being a closet furry.

I am interested in getting a tail or something and I have seen some hypnosis for tfs for furries but never quite what I am looking for. I have been a closet furry for a year an a half or so.

A single YouTube video with awful music interlaced over poor quality TF comics that randomly came up in my suggested videos that I thought I'd have a laugh at, but one of them resounded with me. 

I was scrolling through my youtube feed and I saw the transformation parlor. Then I looked into transformational hypnosis and I stumbled upon FurMorphed. 

I never saw myself as a furry but FurMorphed may have changed my mind.........

For me, I have always enjoyed stories of people turning into stuff. Whether it be Animorphs or Bone Crossed. I started to look into transformations on YouTube, then it just took off from there. I became a furry, picked a fursona and stuff. Now, I have been at it for three months. Now, I am looking for a successful dog transformation but I will always be a fox at heart :)

Always found transformation cool.  Grew up reading animorphs and watching deep space nine and other shows with characters that could change shape.  The idea that you change your form to be whatever you wanted was always something i found really interesting.

7 hours ago, veg said:

animorphs

Yes. This series was the best