LostOne   

1: It's better to listen to any file when you are awake but able to relax, falling asleep normally makes the process of any file slower.

2: Physically, I don't think so. Don't know of anybody that has had physical changes from hypnosis past some who get suggestions to like do stuff to their body. Mentally though, from what I seen and know, is a definite yes. I do believe it's possible to change a person entirely from who they are into pretty much someone new altogether. So choose your files wisely. But that's just me.

• Like 2

SlyFox   

1. You should be awake and relaxed, not asleep (although people often fall asleep during files).

2. Hypnosis is all about mental change. It will not change you physically but can make you think you have. :)

acidfang   

I can note one physical change that occurs during hypnosis. I've been wearing a Fitbit for the past few months, my standard resting heart rate is about 75bpm average after a self hypnosis session I was setting at 66bpm. So the act of hypnosis will allow yourself to become far more relaxed then on average. I'll continue checking this to test this theory.

PS I understand this was not what you intended when you asked about physical change but I feel it's worth mentioning.

Edited by acidfang

Like what everybody else said, there's not going to be any physical changes from listening to hypnosis (unless the file encourages you to intake more calories???) But the mental changes can be very powerful and transformative.

PKfox   

"Hypnosis is as safe as sleep."

Oren otter repeats this all the time. The only risk is having a bad emotional reaction like having a nightmare.

AND they can't make you do anything you don't wanna do.

Hashna   

you ask about doing this as you sleep but Ive heard (cant remember where though) its best to do this in the mornings after you wake up from a good rest as your at your most relaxed.

• Like 1

veg   

I've had good success going into trance while a bit tired.  I wont really fall asleep but it can help you relax easier.  I know when i first started using files it was hard to keep my heartrate down and actually go into a decent deep trance.