Sleepy Fox

Is it ok to fall asleep during hypnosis?

I was listen to an audio script about an obedience trigger but next thing I know is that I'm awake and it's morning. The script wasn't intended to make you sleep but does that mean the effects of it won't work?

The file was actually from a different website as I was waiting for the downloads page to be available. But the script was to take me deep then install a trigger so it repulsive be easier to return to that state. This was actually my second time watching it as I'm not very good at going into trance. Here's a link to it if you want to see it: http://hypno.nimja.com/listen/39

I listened to another one last night which was an hour long but I kept falling asleep then I'd wake up and the script is still playing but I wouldn't be in trance so I would either fall asleep again until I just turned it off because it wasn't going to work. I'm feeling maybe I should listen to them either earlier or shorter ones 

bbdare   

While I'm not the most "experienced" hypnotee(or whatever you would call someone who listens to files regularly), I haven't exactly felt many effects, but it can seem to work with some files. Plus, Nimja is a very good tist in my opinion, so It would probably just depend on the person.

I genuinely believe falling asleep while listening to Hypnosis can drastically increase your suggestibility. I often listen to hypnosis while I sleep, I'll just leave it on a loop (even better if the file itself is a loop) and I can confirm I've had great success with various training and behaviour files. Of course I enjoy listening to hypnosis in a conscious state as well, to better understand the material, but I don't find anything wrong with sleeping while you listen.

Kanibal   

Unfortunately 'sleep' and 'trance' are two entirely different states and you cannot apply hypnotic suggestion the sleep state. As much as it's nice and reassuring to drum in a file while you sleep, it wont do anything.

You can catch a trance from sleeping, actually just before or after sleep is a good time to try a session since your mind or body have the chance to be receptive. It can also catch a trance state while you sleep if the induction and the sleep states pattern together correctly, but then you might find you don't wake up so well rested in the morning. If you have one of those sleep wristbands you can visually see if this happens and you enter trance while you sleep.

TL:DR; sleep and trance are different states but if you want to look into doing something while you sleep you can delve into the grey area of subliminal learning.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 2:29 PM, Kanibal said:

Unfortunately 'sleep' and 'trance' are two entirely different states and you cannot apply hypnotic suggestion the sleep state. As much as it's nice and reassuring to drum in a file while you sleep, it wont do anything.

You can catch a trance from sleeping, actually just before or after sleep is a good time to try a session since your mind or body have the chance to be receptive. It can also catch a trance state while you sleep if the induction and the sleep states pattern together correctly, but then you might find you don't wake up so well rested in the morning. If you have one of those sleep wristbands you can visually see if this happens and you enter trance while you sleep.

TL:DR; sleep and trance are different states but if you want to look into doing something while you sleep you can delve into the grey area of subliminal learning.

This is extremely interesting to hear, especially since I was not aware of it being possible to catch trance in sleep. I'm curious if those sleep bands can even pick up when you go to trance when you're not asleep. If so it might prove helpful for those wanting to increase their suggestibility to train

Oh, this is new information! I've never really known whether or not it was okay to fall asleep during trance, so... now I wonder how to keep from falling asleep with files which encourage deeper and deeper trance. Is it best to try and be reasonably awake when listening to files?

Kanibal   

One piece of advice I've heard over the years is to try and enter trance when your body would prefer to rest but your mind would be clear and awake. After light exercise was recommended because a brisk walk would leave your body happy to sit or lie down but a bit of fresh air to clear your head would make you mentally tired. Obviously, this doesn't work if you're already exhausted.

Knowing how to meditate helps a lot and also understanding that a trance is a focused state for the mind and a relaxed state for the body. My example for that personally is how I can get lost in a daydream or story to music and suddenly find the whole album/playlist finished! Turns out that isn't very far from deep meditation but you don't typically attribute the drum and bass I was listening to with relaxation - xD

That's some interesting information, I've had that problem a few times especially with my old job.  By the time I could sit down and try hypnosis it was always after work and I was dead tired so I would fall asleep.