Sleepy Fox

How does text hypnosis work?

I've seen people talk about text hypnosis and I did try one out the other day but it was a completely different experience to that of a YouTube video. I didn't go very deep and I'm not sure why, it could have been because it was my first one but I felt that having to click to move on the scrip didn't allow me to fully relax. 

Im gonna try some more but I'm leaning towards speech hypnosis since it's what I'm use to. But maybe there is something I'm missing and if anyone has any advice it would be very much appreciated.

I seen a little bit of this. I believe the intended goal is to immerse yourself like when you read a good book or to get you in that mind set though I'm kinda just guessing it really hasn't worked well for me

Oh I see, I'm not much of a reader so not sure if that will have any effect and I find that having to click or reply to a hypnotist will just put me off and often doesn't help me get into trance 

This is an area I'm pretty familiar with. Generally, text hypnosis will work by having you focus on the words shown before you, with the goal being to have you focus like you would if you were getting lost in a good book. I've never been very fond of text hypnosis that requires you to click through though. Some things  I've seen work for some people are typing short, one-word responses, or just watching a stream of text without having to click through :3

If you're used to spoken hypnosis, or you just find it works better, I'd suggest going for that where possible. Otherwise, just make sure the hypnotist knows to do a session that doesn't require you to reply.