Sign in to follow this  
WindWaker

EKP?

Kai   

There's only one site I remember EKP being a defined thing (and it being a pony hypnosis site).

But to clarify, if you're encouraging changes you don't really want and are potentially dangerous to your psyche and/or well-being? You're going to have a bad time, especially if you hit a wall of regret or rebound HARD back into your "old self". This would create the sensation that EKP describes on that one site, where your emotions are all in shock and you feel regret for all the sudden changes you're bombarding on yourself.

If you examine files carefully and treat hypnosis safely? you should avoid this problem altogether. For the most part, those of us who have posted files have the safety of others in mind and have placed explicit warnings of what could potentially happen. So, we're all likely safe here, just still be careful.

cwmatman   

As used on the other site, it seems to be the result of trying to program an effect over an existing (and presumably conflicting) one.  In my own case, and I suspect this is true for many people, hypnotic effects fade over time, so maybe waiting a while would make things safer.  On the other hand, I don't think the effects I've tried to get from hypnosis have changed that much over time, so I may just have never set up such a conflict.  

LostOne   

To be honest, I'm suprised I haven't messed myself up with hypnosis and gotten EKP, with the many different suggestions I had running in me before coming here on Furmorphed.

Honestly, it seems extremely difficult to happen, if at all. It's not necessarily a real thing - it's a name that somebody came up to describe a specific phenomena. A kernel panic error is when an operating system performs a routine or task that permanent damages itself, beyond repair. Unless you've done a crazy amount of files and ignored your own wellbeing, to the point you develop disorder such as depression, or SPTD, or suffer from severe mental disability or trauma (PTSD, for example), I'd say it's not possible.

I've nearly had it happen once, but it was a short event, caused by severe insomnia, (3 hours of sleep a day, from 7:00 am to 10:00 am), physical inactivity, lack of emotional stimulation such as reading or games, and overuse of hypnosis files, which lead to a severe depressive state for a week, to the point I didn't have the energy or motivation to do anything besides sleep. 

Kaerea   
On 08/08/2016 at 0:23 AM, Kai said:

There's only one site I remember EKP being a defined thing (and it being a pony hypnosis site).

Yeah, that would be Hypnoponies, of which I am (technically still I guess) a member. It becomes kind of a big thing, but mostly only if there are aspects of a hypnosis file that suggest personality traits or characteristics that differ vastly from what you hold as your own core values and such, and even then it's very much hit or miss. While I never experienced EKP myself (to which I count myself rather lucky), I have occasionally helped others out in trying to settle their minds and regain their proper sense of self, usually following repeated sessions of the reset file, and encouraging them to seek professional help if it gets particularly bad.

At the very least, that's the understanding of EKP that I've garnered from a year and a bit on HP.