Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henry

A New Furry Webcomic By FurMorphed's Own Little Resident Black Squirrel

I've been kinda busy this week so my work is a little slow but I did manage to make Jiggly! She is a hamster and she is also my sister's "fursona". My sister is not a furry, but I did convince her a while back ago to let me draw her as an animal as she instructs. She chose a hamster to my surprise which is kinda cool since I'm a squirrel. In the comic, Henry and Jiggly are best friends. Jiggly lives in town while Henry lives in the castle, but he manages to sneak away all the time to see his best pal.

Construction notes: This is my first character with eyes made like they teach you in class. I have never made actual "eyeballs" so this is a first for me. Also I designed Jiggly with seperate arms and legs to make the animation easier. If your a 3d animator, you'll know why.

Oh! Quick character bits for me.

Long hair, wavy and/or ringlets. Green eyes, John Lennon-esque circular glasses. If you need a stereotypical nerd character, I'm the one to do it. And, if you ever do a joke on the great console wars, I'm on Sony's side.

SONY?! It's Nintendo all the way! Whoo!!! Hahaha. That would be fun, but there is no technology in the comic, or at least not in the first volume (I say volume because this was first supposed to be a cartoon and technology comes in the second season).

Also, I'll see to it that your characteristics are met.

Just thought I'd tell Jesse that I made a drawing of his character. He will have green eyes in the comic, don't worry. I just drew it like this cause it was easier. :D He has long hair, for a male, but Coop does not fit him so I was going to ask if you had a name you wanted for yourself.

Just thought I'd tell Jesse that I made a drawing of his character. He will have green eyes in the comic, don't worry. I just drew it like this cause it was easier. :P He has long hair, for a male, but Coop does not fit him so I was going to ask if you had a name you wanted for yourself.

NICE! Love it. My hair is a bit longer in real life, but that there just made my frakkin' day. Can I use that as my avi?

I noticed the filename was Snow Leopard 2. This leaves me to believe there is (or was) a snow leopard 1. Could I see it, pretty please?

Oh! Ya...there was 2 made. Both were the same but one had bushes and trees added to the background, but I saved an extra one and fixed up the background to look more symmetrical. It's still pretty much the same as the one here, though.

Forget EVERYTHING! I have decided to make the comic in 2d for now, but the cartoon will be in 3d.

I decided 2d because it would be easier for me to get the comic started since I do not have to mold everything in 3d. It will also help me enhance my drawing skills and hopefully some people would want me to commision for them with charge. Anywho, I have finished the cover of the first volume of FurQuest. I was going to start off by making a seperate account on FurAffinity first and if it becomes popular, start my own website for my comic, but FA says that registration has been suspended for the moment so I'll have to wait for later.

I will edit the link to my post once I have my account up. I plan to make one comic page a week, but for now enjoy the cover of FurQuest Volume 1.

ART NOTES: This was my first background scenery I ever made on a computer (all my other ones have been images off the internet). Also, I tried a couple more things I've never done before to enhance the image. For example: the rock has some shading which makes it look more rough. Also, Jiggly's fur colors seem to fade into eachother rather than outlined as before.

1283721778.furquest_1280098919_squirrelman_furquest_volume_1_cover.jpg

Guest Glare

very nice, like the 3D rendering you did in the beginning.

I am jealous of your l33t skill in 3D. X(

I am stuck to pen and paper, and occasionally Photoshop.

Just finally got to see the cover, since I kept visiting this thread on my PS3. Very cool, but it's strange that Jiggly has such huge cheeks as a hamster, while you, being a squirrel, has a round face. But, it's your character designs. You've got your reasons, and it's all up to you.

Guest Shyanne

with all this talk about webcomics, im half tempted to take a stab at it.. lol mine would be awful tho.. :(

very nice, like the 3D rendering you did in the beginning.

I am jealous of your l33t skill in 3D. X(

I am stuck to pen and paper, and occasionally Photoshop.

Thanks! I've got 2 years experience making 3d models.

Just finally got to see the cover, since I kept visiting this thread on my PS3. Very cool, but it's strange that Jiggly has such huge cheeks as a hamster, while you, being a squirrel, has a round face. But, it's your character designs. You've got your reasons, and it's all up to you.

BTW: You and the others come along later in the story and to not spoil anything, I left the 3 beginning main characters on the cover.

And, Jiggly is my sister's fursona and when I first started designing it for her she originally had smaller cheeks. I showed my sister and she wanted them bigger. I redrew it and she wanted it bigger. After a third try I finally said "Why don't you just draw the size of the cheeks!" and thus Jiggly has big cheeks.

with all this talk about webcomics, im half tempted to take a stab at it.. lol mine would be awful tho.. :(

I had that feeling too. I looked at other art on FA and said to myself, "Dang, my drawings are lousy." :(  I had wanted to make a comic before but the thought of drawing the same characters over and over again plus the fact that I'm just not that good made me hesitate, but now I've overcome my doubts and have begun what could be a life-long hobby for all to enjoy.

Plus, I also wanted to create my own trading card game. I have the rules and designs all in my head and I'm hoping if my comic becomes popular enough, I could base the card game on it.

Guest Tyler the Kitsune

Plus, I also wanted to create my own trading card game. I have the rules and designs all in my head and I'm hoping if my comic becomes popular enough, I could base the card game on it.

Yugioh or Pokemon TCG anyone? Sorry..This comic idea sounds cool, and I'll definitely read it. I just thought I'd point out the TCG thing happens a lot with anime nowadays. *goes off to hide and read more Haruhi Suzumiya light novels in her dark room*

Yugioh or Pokemon TCG anyone? Sorry..This comic idea sounds cool, and I'll definitely read it. I just thought I'd point out the TCG thing happens a lot with anime nowadays. *goes off to hide and read more Haruhi Suzumiya light novels in her dark room*

Ah, but remember that those TCG are still very popular and have created a huge fanbase. I probably won't be that lucky though :lol:

Looks like the comic is going great, Henry! With your imagination, I wouldn't be surprised if it became popular. Good luck! :)

Thank you so much! My imagination may be grand, but my artistic skills are limited. That is why I have been constantly trying to learn more about drawing, I even purchased "Draw Furries" a week ago and I've been trying their techinques.

Here's the cover for Chapter 1 of my comic. The first chapter basically is going to be a story about the past that will relate to the adventures to come. A sort of backstory to the story.

To see all my work so far and also future pages, just head down to my FA page.

1283721971.furquest_chapter_1.png

Alright! I have a fan! If you like this, just wait until you come into the story. :D

Here's the first actual comic-style page. Sorry for the wait guys, but I've been busy getting ready to go to my first year in college. The next update will hopefully be a week away.

Art Notes: The reason that the drawing looks different from my other drawings is because these images are supposed to be from a storybook being read by someone who we'll find out in a later comic. Have no worries, because after the story is done, the drawings will be like they always were. ;)

1283722063.furquest_comic_ch._1_pg._1.png