Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henry

A New Furry Webcomic By FurMorphed's Own Little Resident Black Squirrel

196 posts in this topic

I didn't think that title would fit. ^_^ Well, like it says, I am going to start my own furry-based webcomic. I cannot reveal any part of the storyline or title yet, but i can say that it will star my fursona along with some of my best friends fursonas if they agree to it and several furries of my own creation. It will be a 3d comic since I am an amatuer 3d design and animator. I have created two of the main characters already. My fursona Squirrelman (named Henry in the cartoon ^_^ ) and Sheldon the turtle who's role can not be revealed yet. Henry is the main star of the comic and he will go on an adventure across the kingdom of Algrenia, named after the god and guardian of their world, Algren. That is the only thing I can reveal for now, but be sure to drop in every now and then so that you can all have a first glace at my Webcomic.

BTW: A while after I've worked on my comic, I will make it into a cartoon series to air on YouTube.

how bout the title "it's a nutty life" for the comic? XD i look forward to reading it! ^_^

Wow, sounds like you have quite a comic lined up! The characters looks great, you certinally have some skill at 3d modeling. I look forward to seeing your comic and I hope all goes well for you, comics are hard work! :3

Looks interesting, and I'm sure it'd be great practice for you. I'll be reading it for sure!

I wonder how a certain bat would look in glorious 3D? :P

Well, I was kinda hoping you and Shyanne could allow me to use both of you in my comic. Pwetty pwease?

Note: Someone really needs to make a "puppy dog face" smiley around here.

how bout the title "it's a nutty life" for the comic? XD i look forward to reading it! :P

I have a title set up already, but I guess I can reveal the name. (Let's just hope no one takes it) The title of my comic and soon to be cartoon is FurQuest!

Wow, sounds like you have quite a comic lined up! The characters looks great, you certinally have some skill at 3d modeling. I look forward to seeing your comic and I hope all goes well for you, comics are hard work! :3

Thanks! It was originally planned to be a cartoon (have the theme song and background music set up and everything) but after working a year on an animated film, I got fed up with animating, so I'm taking a break on it for now.

EDIT; FORGOT TO MENTION ONE THING. I HAVE ONE SPOT OPEN FOR A MAIN CHARACTER TO BE NAMED COOP (OR IF YOUR FEMALE A DIFFERENT NAME), SO IF ANYONE WANTS IT...

Well, I was kinda hoping you and Shyanne could allow me to use both of you in my comic. Pwetty pwease?

Well sure, if you want. :P Any particular reason you want us though? o.O

I'll take Coop. I'll have to update my avi for visual reference though.

Does the name have to be coop?

Note: Someone really needs to make a "puppy dog face" smiley around here.

I have a title set up already, but I guess I can reveal the name. (Let's just hope no one takes it) The title of my comic and soon to be cartoon is FurQuest!

Of course you can use me in it! :P

EDIT; FORGOT TO MENTION ONE THING. I HAVE ONE SPOT OPEN FOR A MAIN CHARACTER TO BE NAMED COOP (OR IF YOUR FEMALE A DIFFERENT NAME), SO IF ANYONE WANTS IT...

If no one shows up for that I can create a character for you (or if you need one in the future or whatever.) :)

Well sure, if you want. :) Any particular reason you want us though? o.O

Well, I wanted you because my drawing of you was so badass that I couldn't resist putting you in. And I wanted Shyanne (who will be named Ryan for reasons he knows and because his character is male) because I wanted a fox as a main character and I wanted a kid as a main character so since Shyanne is a fox who I believe is around 8 years old, he was perfect for the part!

Of course you can use me in it! :)

If no one shows up for that I can create a character for you (or if you need one in the future or whatever.) :)

First off, thank you for agreeing. Whew, I was worried that Cy or you wouldn't accept. And about your offer, I wanted to see who around here was interested, because I know how almost everyone wants their fursona's featured in something, which is why I left some character slots open. :P

I'll take Coop. I'll have to update my avi for visual reference though.

Does the name have to be coop?

Alright! My first volunteer! Let's see what you've got!

And no, the name doesn't have to be Coop, I just really liked that name. :)

To others who wish to be in the comic. Do not be discouraged! I have many slots open for bad guys and other characters who's roles are important but not as much as the 9 main characters.

Ok, great! I'll show you what I got!

Wait, what is it I got that you want? (It's too late in the day for intelligent thought.)

(Wait a second: Sheldon? Coop? I smell a reference.)

Well, I wanted you because my drawing of you was so badass that I couldn't resist putting you in.

Sounds like a good reason to me! :P Now I can't wait to see it!

Wait, what is it I got that you want? (It's too late in the day for intelligent thought.)

You have zazz and sassafrass! Incidentally, a webcomic designed to be animated later makes all kinds of awesome sense.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in it :P

(Wait a second: Sheldon? Coop? I smell a reference.)

I have no idea how your fursona looks so when I say "Let's see what you got" it means "Let's see how you really look".

Also the reference thing threw me for a loop.

You have zazz and sassafrass! Incidentally, a webcomic designed to be animated later makes all kinds of awesome sense.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in it ^_^

Thanks. And true it does make sense. Basically the webcomic is a sort of storyboard for the animated series (and it saves me the trouble of finding voice actors for every single character XP)

Alright! But just to warn you. Towards the beginning of the comic, there is no real technology. There are no machines or vehicles or anything like that so your character, whose name I haven't figured out yet, will not be a time traveler.

EDIT: Here's another charater done. King Absalom the king of Algrenia. He is also Henry's father which makes Henry a prince.

Alright! But just to warn you. Towards the beginning of the comic, there is no real technology. There are no machines or vehicles or anything like that so your character, whose name I haven't figured out yet, will not be a time traveler.

EDIT: Here's another charater done. King Absalom the king of Algrenia. He is also Henry's father which makes Henry a prince.

But what if he's from THE FUTURE!?!?!!

Ok, complete fursona. Damn. I only went by vague details, since I've never really needed specifics. Well, anthro snow leopard, male, nothing really much else.

The appearance doesn't matter all that much to me, so long as the personality is similar to me. (or just plain interesting.)

Ooh, a snow leopard! That might just work because later in the comic, the gang will venture to some snowy mountains. Maybe that's where we'll meet you! :thinking:

But what if he's from THE FUTURE!?!?!!

It just would be too big of an advantage if he had future knowlege/ technology.

Ooh, a snow leopard! That might just work because later in the comic, the gang will venture to some snowy mountains. Maybe that's where we'll meet you! :thinking:

It just would be too big of an advantage if he had future knowlege/ technology.

Two things:

1) Humorous plot point: I hate the cold! (And if my character complains about the cold, have someone else say "How can you be cold? You're a snow leopard!" At which point I would freak out and start blabbing about how that's stereotypical and such."

2) You could use time travel and make your comic so confusing that it becomes popular! Like LOST!

2) You could use time travel and make your comic so confusing that it becomes popular! Like LOST!

Or give Doc's character no technology and a complete lack of useful future knowledge. No history or science. Everything he describes sounds like a bad rum dream. Or just don't make it clear whether he's really a time-traveler or not.

The king looks jolly! Is he going to get much screen time, or just appear occasionally?

Two things:

1) Humorous plot point: I hate the cold! (And if my character complains about the cold, have someone else say "How can you be cold? You're a snow leopard!" At which point I would freak out and start blabbing about how that's stereotypical and such."

That would be so funny to add into the comic! I can picture it now...

Or give Doc's character no technology and a complete lack of useful future knowledge. No history or science. Everything he describes sounds like a bad rum dream. Or just don't make it clear whether he's really a time-traveler or not.

Well, there will be time travel at one point of the comic, but it's because ancient mythical powers. But there is supposed to be a wise character who appears ever now and then that everyone believes is crazy, but everytime he appears, he teaches the gang a lesson that will help them on their journey. Maybe the doc, could be that guy. :thinking:

If you wanted, you could call him the Professor.

"Why does no one listen to me? Professor! Lava! Hot!"

...What?

And to answer ShadowPhoenix's question about the king (that somehow slipped my mind when I was typing) the king looks jolly because he is loved by everyone and he is a great ruler. About the length of his appearence in the comic...ummmm... I can't really say because it might spoil the king's role in the comic. Sorry.

Also, the professor as the name could work.

I'd love to be included, although I wonder what role my fursona would get? :thinking:

My fursona is a black wolf with yellow eyes.

A black wolf?.... :thinking: .....ooh! I know the perfect role! You just wait and see!

EDIT: Just thought I'd let you guys know that the US has gotten it's first glimpse of FurQuest. I recently entered a contest for WarioWare DIY in which you had to create your own microgame in the theme provided (in this case, creatures). Professionals review the games and pick the ones they think are the best. The winning games are then put up on the NinSoft Network and are available to play and/or downloadon the DS or the Wii. Anyways I have a couple of microgames inspired by FurQuest so I just picked the one I thought was the best (at the time) and submitted it. To put it short, my microgame, Fur Shuffle, was chosen. Basically three of the 9 main characters, Henry, Jiggly (my sister's "fursona" a hamster), and Rosie (Henry's love interest, a gray squirrel) were in the game. They are lined up in a row when some wooden door blocks your view, one for each of them. The doors then begin to bounce around and after a short time stop and land. You are then shown one of the three characters and you have to decide which door is hiding that character. Guess right and you win!

Here's a picture of the game displayed through my Wii.