LostOne

Dream Stories

LostOne   

I figure because I have been kinda hooked on the topic, and there isn't already a post for it, this should be a place where you can share any dream you have had that you think is interesting or strange. I honestly don't know if I can explain it better than that. You can also maybe share details of worlds you may have built in your dreams if you want too.

The first time I managed to have a lucid dream was in college.

Basically, there was some mundane dream going on in my dorm, when I realized I was dreaming. I excitedly told my friends but they were not too interested.

I showed them how cool it was by turning some stairs into a slide and sliding down it. I landed in a normal seeming hallway with rooms and started walking down happily wondering what to do next. An albino version of myself walked out and punched me, telling me to stop messing with the dream. I woke up soon after. What a jerk!

It's actually seriously still hard for me to catch myself dreaming, and I usually wake up if I do.

LostOne   

And I'm here like I have only one time I have controled a dream in any way. It was actually a few weeks ago, if even. I was in bed, but realized it was a dream when there was an extra alarm clock next to my bed, and none of them had the same time. I didn't do much, but I do remember trying to hide it from anyone I saw in the dream for whatever reason.

It's particularly hard to control dreams, I think a lot of it has to do with you maintaining some degree of separation from you controlling the dream world.

I'm working through a book on neuroscience, yogic beliefs, and dreaming that has a section on lucid dreaming, so maybe I'll figure something out.

I actually bought a contoured sleep mask that allows me to have my eyes open but block all light, and I actually caught my hypnopompic visions waking up, which I usually don't. Might also be helpful for hypnosis.

But for a dream, I am a programmer, and I once was having restless sleep trying to figure out a bug in my own brain. Once I figured it out, I immediately fell into restful sleep.