Lately, I have been having issues going into trance; whenever I listen to a hypnosis file, I start feeling a very high fever and it knocks me lot of trance, as if my brain was overheating and activated some kind of failsafe.

I think it might be because my heart rate slows to such a point that my blood doesn't flow quickly enough to carry heat away from my brain, but I don't understand, I never had this problem before.

I need some help, I want to get back into hypnosis, but every time I try I am afraid that my brain will overheat.

Sabre   

Honestly, in a situation like this I would recommend talking to a doctor. If you're unsure, keep track of your temperature somehow while going into trance and write down the results afterward to show a doctor. If you are actually experiencing a fever when going into trance, that's not something you want to mess with until you know for sure what's going on.

If it turns out you're only feeling like that and not experiencing an actual fever, then let us know :3 I'll look into it a bit when I get a chance.

As of yet, the results are inconclusive. I have not managed to find a temperature indicator anywhere, and even if I do, it is impossible to tell if my fever is from trance or from being sick. I can't actually tell if I am sick right now, but it does require more thorough investigation.

Sabre   

You should be able to find a thermometer at a pharmacy for not too much, whether it's an old one or a digital one. Take at least one measurement before going into trance and one during, then compare the two. I'd also suggest doing this over a couple of attempts, too.

I'm really quite curious about this, especially if going into trance is actually causing a fever.

acidfang   

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tummo

It's unlikely you are experiencing true tummo, however if you are only experiencing the temperature increase during trance you may be triggering something close to the effect. I had heard stories about monks practicing meditation were the monks would alter their core temperature in order to dry soaking wet sheets in freezing weather. You may be unintentionally increasing your temperature depending on your focus when attempting trance. My suggestions would be try to imagine a cool breeze while going under, and if that isn't quite enough ware a cool damp rag on your forehead or simply using a fan on a low setting . Also after a short session if the rag is noticeable hot you had a fever.

While I had not heard of such a happening earlier, I do think you should first check whether you have any condition unrelated to hypnosis and take care of that, if appropriate. The thermometer suggestion is valid, and perhaps having someone you can trust to effectuate the measurements could be useful as well. I am also somewhat curious whether there's any other sign than the perception of heat, as in sweat or something tangible afterwards, were you not to use the thermometer.

Asdftube   

Before jumping to conclusions, it's really a good idea to figure out if it's in your head or actually physical. I often get a "warm" feeling when getting into a trance. That being said, it's possible to raise/lower your heartbeat just by thinking about it. If your temperature actually does raise, see what happens if you try to just meditate. 

Oh, and if it does come to contacting a doctor, don't be embarrassed or anything- doctors deal with *very* weird stuff. 

I normally have a high powered fan or two running in the background and I almost always keep it cold in my room so I've never had an issue with this. All I could suggest is maybe try what I'm doing. It works for me and I come from a famliy with a history of severe blood pressure issues but I've never really had a problem with temp. management personally.

Edited by ShadowOblivion
Multiple spelling fails.