JouninJ

Multiple Limbs?

So heres a question for everyone just something that came to mind in the late hours of the night,

Has anyone had any experince with feeling other body parts then just a tail or ears?

one example i could think up was centaurs  as they have such a unique body shape

well sorry for rambeling but just something that came to mind and wanted to know what people think

I have found my self feeling phantom limbs during hypnosis, but only after listening to a file several times and really centering myself...After all Hypnosis is more about you then the file...its basically mind over matter I feel like :3  Once you fall into a certain trance it's all about focusing your mind and believing whole heartedly that that body part is there

While I cannot really share experiences I think that this may be due to the difference between altering just a detail of the body, or a minor part that doesn't have a function as complex as legs do. I mean that it's not just an extended bit, but probably it's expected to maintain a balance on them, to flex it in a particular way, to grip and handle objects that is not just swishing or wagging. The added complexity probably requires a different kind of concentration and the desire to experience them in particular.

Edit because derp, forgot to put a piece in: Tails can be complex too, but probably their user focuses on them more and has very clear how they're expected to work, possibly imagining them and playing with the idea since a considerable amount of time, while the same can't be said in most of the cases about additional limbs.

Edited by Nannerkins

interesting, i find that i can get almost any limb (and even full body) without problem but for limbs that are not just getting replaced i have no control over them. (human leg to fox back leg works just fine but tails are just limp)

Something that might help there could be to just generally observe animals with that kind of tail to get an idea of how they move and behave normally :3 since it's a new kind of limb, you might also just need time to learn how to move it and what you can do with it.

I've never experimented with more than stuff like tails, pawpaws, claws, ears and muzzles, myself, and likely won't - wrapping my head around what a muzzle would look and feel like if it were my face was more difficult than it probably should've been >,.,>