tason

Windows 10

Anyone else looking forward for windows 10 like I am? In my opinion it's looking to be a good replacement for windows 7.

I've been using the tech demo since it initially came out and I can agree with you it looks like a safe replacement for 7 but I'm hesitant to say better. It looks new and shiny on the surface but any 'advanced' button gives you the same menus you had in 7!

It really feels like Microsft have layered the bloat of UI changes on top of the old UI without taking any of it away or streamlining at all. It does have its qwerks and some of it doesn't seem to work fluently (scroll is BACKWARDS and it really really grates on me) but the ideas they have seem to be all right.

Maybe it's the effect of it being a tech demo.

The best feature by far will be the FREE upgrade from 7/8/8.1 if you already own a copy of Windows - but I'll give it 6 months (of the 1 year deadline to apply for your upgrade) before I leap onto that bandwagon because as much as I love to have my computer up to date it's better for it to work.

Maybe it's the effect of it being a tech demo.

That's how it seems to be shaping up from the time that I tried the demo too. But I'm willing to bet that the full OS will be so much more different that the demo, although i only used older versions of the demo so I'm not sure how much changed in the demo as it got closer to release.

The best feature by far will be the FREE upgrade from 7/8/8.1

In my opinion this is just showing how much Microsoft wants people to jump on with them. Especially when Microsoft said that pirated versions of 7/8/8.1 would get the free upgrade to a legal key.

As i final note what do you think of the rumor that 10 will be the last OS Microsoft will release, and they will just keep 10 in full support over new OS's? I'm not too sure on the truth behind this but it's out there and is interesting.

I'm using it just right now in a Netbook and I can say Microsoft is working so hard to bring us his best OS.

And I not work for MS  :P