Star Crusher

ok! who wants to be a furry?

18 posts in this topic

I'd really only go for a fully functional tail, anything beyond that would be a bit too much for me, mostly because people probably wouldn't accept it at all.

Oh they would. It would start with marriage legalization. And then the whole country would get behind us Xeno's.

Yes, it would be ery expensivw. Maybe it won't be? Who knows

Yes and no...It depends Being a furry would be really cool yes...but I think subjecting your mind to seeing yourself as one may become a serious Crack on your mental stability. there has to be a point where you separate reality from fiction. I think of it like a drug, Most drugs are okay if you do them recreation ally, but become a problem as soon as you *actually* start needing them.

Edited by NekutaKune

I still maintain that surgery is a messy and foolhardy option that will (for the patient patient) be superseded by genetic transformation tech. We're still on course, science is advancing in the right direction faster than I even thought it would.

I hope I'll have enough cash one day to afford something like that. Imagine having working wolf-ears! 

I still maintain that surgery is a messy and foolhardy option that will (for the patient patient) be superseded by genetic transformation tech. We're still on course, science is advancing in the right direction faster than I even thought it would.

I find myself in the same boat. Human genetic manipulation has, for a long time, be a technology desired for a verity of fields. It has reached the point of not being if, but when it will happen. However, the first generation of real, living, 'Furry' individuals will most likely not be us, but our children, at least from what I've read. It would be easier to reprogram the embryo, then implant it into the mother's womb than to rebuild an adult person. But hay, hears hoping that we can augment and transform adult persons within this half of the century.

I would SO go for the full humanoid-canine option!

Gene therapy is already something that exists (although not yet at viable prices) and that alters a targeted kind of cells e.g. to repair a given function with a working copy of the genetic material that express it, so I don't feel it's justified to say that only the next generation will be able to see it. It's also expected that surgery, being "easier", is also the method that happens first. Whether it's easier to add things on a living, "running" system or starting from scratch with an embryo is debatable and mostly depends on the particular case taken into consideration. There's also still a lot that isn't known about the mechanics of the embryo that would be needed in order to make a proper, stable and vital result in all the cases, and this kind of approach opens the debate of whether it's ethical or not to do so without consent. An already developed person would make things easier at least from the legal standpoint.

As of the comparison with drugs and akin, I feel that the level of acceptance required is for a behavior to be acceptable is not to disrupt one's life. Gender reassignment is way too close to any kind of alteration towards furry for that kind of reasoning to make me feel good. There's also the (hopeful) hypothesis that this, as opposite to nowadays' drug use, a transformation by either surgical or genetic means hasn't a biological side effect or risk, which is instead currently present at any kind of usage with certain substances.

The perception of this and the social backlash that could come from said transformation has to be taken into account, though, and does count as something that can disrupt one's life. In the end a change in the way the average person perceives this would be needed as much as knowledge on the "how to".

I could definitely see this as becoming a real thing in the next 10 years or so with how our current medical technology is advancing.

I think the closest things will get will be extensive cosmetic surgeries. Gene therapy will only really be useful to help limit the chance of tissue rejection in the case of xenotransplantation, but I doubt we will be seeing anything as far as functionality in the near or distant future, simply because there is not a large market\interest. 

pretty cool! I hope that it can actually become a thing in my lifetime :P

I want this so bad,but gene therapy better become a more advanced thing soon. I'd love to have bird's wings and hollow bones, like from Maximum Ride. And at least that doesn't involve too invasive or crazy stuff as full blown furry transformation. But it'd be amazing to see the tech reach the point where you can transform and change yourself repeatedly, to different things without consequence. 

On 10/25/2016 at 0:04 AM, Takaimohao said:

I want this so bad,but gene therapy better become a more advanced thing soon. I'd love to have bird's wings and hollow bones, like from Maximum Ride. And at least that doesn't involve too invasive or crazy stuff as full blown furry transformation. But it'd be amazing to see the tech reach the point where you can transform and change yourself repeatedly, to different things without consequence. 

i read this article, it was talking about the progress of eventually doing surgery (forgot what they called the surgery) where you can have a tail, wings (u wont be able to fly tho), etc. sorry I read it a while back, so i cant find the link for you, but ya. that just came to mind.

Have you guys seen the news on xenotransplantation? All lights are green! Now we just wait patiently for the inevitable ^V^

Genetic TF is gathering pace here - we now have more than one programmer on the team! (we need about 20 to write the software)