Sign in to follow this  
Alex Lykos

Retro Gaming?

Are there any retro gamers here?  I'm pretty big into early 90s (NES, SNES) games, and have a few arcade machines of my own.  Was wondering if anyone else was into the arcade or gamecollecting scenes :>

I have this emulated console that plays genesis games, made by AtGames. The only problem with it is only one side audio works, and all of the atgames ones do that. I also play on emulators, and have a GBA. if PS1 and/or PS2 are considered 'retro' then I also have those.

I'm not really into retro gaming, even though I have 4 GameBoys (I had 5, but one died in... Experiments. One is coming from the mail soon). I'm more interested in how old electronics work  (and what kind of sound they output).

Unfortunately I live in the area where arcade machines are nowhere to be seen. I'd love to build an arcade cab by myself though.

I like to play Snes/NES games quite a bit and have many Genesis games on Steam. Whenever I find an arcade cabinet I always try and find some quarters to play it.

Very much a Nintendo 64 gamer to this day :3 my collection is nowhere near big enough though, I'm missing far too many games that I sold as a kid. Chameleon Twist, Glover, Mario Tennis, Space Station Silicon Valley, and Tetrisphere. The collection I do have is pretty decent though :3 a couple of control decks, game cases, a cartridge storage tower and a whole bunch of pretty fun games :3 basically everything by Rareware from that era, a couple of racing games, Lylatwars, Mario Party 1-3, etc. Party games and mascot platformers, basically :3

Personally I don't play much well-known retro games besides the occasional Tetris/Pac-man/Mario series/ROM-hacks, but I do play some more obscure retro games like Yggdra Union (RPG) or Midnight Resistance (Shoot-em-up) or the Mother/Earthbound series, mostly on emulators though.

If you count the retro-styled games too, then Shovel Knight fits too.

i really like gba's emulator on android, getting my gba in high school will be weird for me, and it is fun to beat minish cap with friends.

I think I can get away with an update on my setup for this, at least <,.,< along with the N64 of my last post, I have a SNES and Gamecube set up on the same CRT monitor, and a stock Amiga 1200 :3 which can be swapped out for an Atari 1040 STe. I've reached the point where I'm looking at RGB mods for the SNES and N64 and just flat-out building an RGB switcher box.

I may have gone a little overboard since May of last year :3

Not exactly a retro gamer.. but I love pixel art and the 2D aesthetic of retro games. I used to have a snes before it "mysteriously" dissappeared. Lol