Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alexshrub

Newbie Questions.

5 posts in this topic

Hi, so I need to gets some posts under my belt to actually download files, but I do have some questions.

I'm interested in knowing just how much influence hypnosis can have on the mind. I'm aware of stage magician and clinical hypnosis which enter your subconscious and implant suggestions, but how noticeable are they in the conscious mind?

I'm asking because it does seem fairly easy to give yourself a phantom limb if you imagine hard enough, but does hypnosis cause you to actually see it, or is it all just imaginary?

I've noticed that the user agreement and various other people say that this is serious business and can screw you up, but is that true?

I'd also like to know about this.

I know that with tulpas you can "impose" them so that you can eventually see them in real life, so in theory the same should be possible with phantom limbs, but really I have no idea.

If i may weigh in, in my experience, i have never developed the ability to see said limbs, however, from what i understand it can be done with enough repetition and mental reinforcement.  it just takes time. 

The short answer, which might not be entirely helpful, is that it varies from person to person and from suggestion to suggestion.

A more complete answer would be to say that sometimes you'll notice suggestions, sometimes you won't, but hypnotically induced visual hallucinations are indeed possible. I myself have seen claws I don't have cast shadows in the past, and I've certainly felt pawpads at my fingertips. A trick I've used to see fur and those pawpads on myself is to ensure my surroundings are completely dark. Since you'll still be aware of your limbs are, you'll put together a picture of how they should look if you hold a hand in front of your face, or look back at your tailbone. From here, you can just focus on what you'd like to see and impose the image where it should be :3 given enough time and practice, this can very well linger with light.

Visual hallucinations are far harder to maintain (in my experience) than tactile hallucinations, but it's incredibly satisfying even when they're short-lived.

You're right that this is serious business and care should be taken when going into this, especially if you're highly susceptible to suggestion. That said, just listen to any files you download without going into trance to be sure you're comfortable with what they contain, don't listen to things that make you uncomfortable, and remember that if you -do- receive a suggestion in trance that makes you uncomfortable, you'll wake from trance. Don't go seeking things that make you uncomfortable like that, but it is good to keep that in mind :3

1 person likes this

On 10.5.2015 at 11:18 AM, Sabre said:

The short answer, which might not be entirely helpful, is that it varies from person to person and from suggestion to suggestion.

A more complete answer would be to say that sometimes you'll notice suggestions, sometimes you won't, but hypnotically induced visual hallucinations are indeed possible. I myself have seen claws I don't have cast shadows in the past, and I've certainly felt pawpads at my fingertips. A trick I've used to see fur and those pawpads on myself is to ensure my surroundings are completely dark. Since you'll still be aware of your limbs are, you'll put together a picture of how they should look if you hold a hand in front of your face, or look back at your tailbone. From here, you can just focus on what you'd like to see and impose the image where it should be :3 given enough time and practice, this can very well linger with light.

Visual hallucinations are far harder to maintain (in my experience) than tactile hallucinations, but it's incredibly satisfying even when they're short-lived.

You're right that this is serious business and care should be taken when going into this, especially if you're highly susceptible to suggestion. That said, just listen to any files you download without going into trance to be sure you're comfortable with what they contain, don't listen to things that make you uncomfortable, and remember that if you -do- receive a suggestion in trance that makes you uncomfortable, you'll wake from trance. Don't go seeking things that make you uncomfortable like that, but it is good to keep that in mind :3

Thank you for the advice