Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Khana Otter

Questions?

So, when I was a member of this site before, I was never very receptive to the files on here. However, when I expressed an interest to a like-minded friend, he gave me a file for induction and all that. After repeated uses, it started to work for me. Could that be because I know my friend really well? Or is it possible I become a little more responsive when I got older? 

I also think the main reason for me being unable to do much trance stuff before was because I'm always thinking. I'm an over-thinker, I hate that fact about myself, but it's something I figured may be hindering any ability to do this successfully? Even when I did stuff with my friend, the effects lasted maybe 30 minutes in and out of trance. Is there a way to boost that? Are there exercises I should do to make myself more receptive? Any advice would help! 

Also, something I just thought of. Do a lot of people on here chat using stuff like skype? Would be kinda cool to chat with people on a more consistent basis. My friend I mentioned above lives in Australia, and thus makes it hard for me to stay in contact with him. Not his fault, but I feel like I could be more consistent if I had people to chat with my interest in hypnosis about... ^^;

I think I might know that friend :3 I know a guy who knows a guy and so on, he's probably somewhere in that chain ^.~

To answer your questions, it could be either of those, or just the repetition of the file. Trust is very much a part of it when I listen to files, though it could also just be that the particular induction is a sort that works well for you, it's hard to say for sure. If you're thinking too much in trance, then one thing to try could be to not so much try to stop yourself thinking, but just acknowledge the thoughts and let them move on at their own pace, and for exercises to try...practice, really :3 Practice and try different things while going into trance like playing a non-stressful game like Peggle or Bejeweled, lying in bed, anything like that really :3

Yes, you do happen to know that friend, ya dork. X3 

But those aren't a bad idea. I've been listening to the file you gave me, but oddly enough, I've only gotten a partial trance? Like... maybe some minor "sleep paralysis" effect? But I'm still partially aware... It's weird... 

I thought I might ^.^ And that's actually pretty normal as a thing :3 being in trance doesn't necessarily mean you're not aware. A lot of the time when someone's in trance, they'll still be aware in general, and it sounds like you're definitely going into at least a light/medium trance if you're experiencing sleep paralysis, minor or not :3

I also think the main reason for me being unable to do much trance stuff before was because I'm always thinking. I'm an over-thinker, I hate that fact about myself, but it's something I figured may be hindering any ability to do this successfully? Even when I did stuff with my friend, the effects lasted maybe 30 minutes in and out of trance. Is there a way to boost that? Are there exercises I should do to make myself more receptive? Any advice would help! 

Yeah, I have a kinda similar problem, I'm definitely more of a logical type rather than a creative one. All I can say is, keep listening, at some point it will work. There are also some inductions made specifically for logical people, so you could try those as well.

Yeah, I have a kinda similar problem, I'm definitely more of a logical type rather than a creative one. All I can say is, keep listening, at some point it will work. There are also some inductions made specifically for logical people, so you could try those as well.

Not sure if this is total b.s. but I've been told of logic and creative thinkers as opposed to a normal mind considering logic has different styles that are more effective than regular average day stuff. I belive I once made a simple text file way back when I did script requests for people as I would employ subtle hints instead of an outright induction.

Again might be total b.s. and I no longer make files because of how long it takes to make personal files.