Sign in to follow this  
MidnightKiss

Trying something

Decided to try something relatively new (to me at least), making a somewhat interactive induction using Twine and my induction method. Just download the html and run it with some sort of browser, then follow the on-screen instructions, pressing the links when it feels right,  Other than that, tell me what you think, do you like it? should I try making more? Questions, comments, concerns, all the critique stuffs 

Induction.html

Edited by MidnightKiss

Definitely an interesting idea, the presentation is very pleasant and it's quite enjoyable. My only concern would be that having to move the mouse to select the number buttons, but I do like how the buttons don't tend to move, so I only need to concentrate on clicking rather than moving the mouse to a specific position.

*nods* it was only really meant as a test, Im of the opinion that files and things like this will never really be as effective as 1:1 sessions, since I believe there is some metaphysical stuff going on when doing hypnosis, I only really did this as a project of sorts :P

Although inductions that primarily rely upon relaxation and/or visualization are incompatible with me, I have read the induction, due to curiosity and the critique request.

Despite subjects being encouraged to set their own pace, the induction is rather short and lacking in content, but perhaps, the experimental nature caused this.

Although the idea of a remote controller being connected to the subconscious and using it to increase relaxation and hypnotic depth is interesting, that portion's execution is very lacking, especially in regards to suggestions.  I recommend adding, to the portion that introduces the controller, suggestions about it, including its appearance, purpose, and capabilities; suggestions between the numbers of the countdown (in which the controller is being connected); before the portion in which the controller controls relaxation and the portion in which the controller controls hypnotic depth each, suggestions about what the controller is about to do; and, to each level increase's portion, suggestions about it that reinforce it.  Increasing detail and subject expectation can result in increased effectiveness.  I recommend, also, using upward counts (or countdowns) for the controlling, instead of repeating "raises your relaxation level to" and "raises your trance to level."

The induction contains several linguistic/typographical errors.  Although they are minor, such errors in inductions can reduce their effectiveness, by distracting and/or increasing conscious activity, especially for analytical people, detail-oriented people, and linguists.  (I belong to all of those categories and tend to automatically notice such errors.)  However, the only sentence of particular concern is the following, because it superfluously doubles "the remote":

Im going to connect the remote the remote to your subconscious mind, much like you
would to connect a universal remote to a tv or other device

I recommend proofreading your induction texts, even for experiments, whose results could be contaminated by linguistic/typographical errors.  If you require assistance with such proofreading, you are welcome to request it from me.

This is a really neat idea that I'll have to play with myself. I can't actually view the file for some reason, but based on what Makeshift said, I'd suggest having an option for keyboard control. When I do text hypnosis, I have people keep one finger on y and one finger on n, so they can respond to what I'm saying, but they're moving the absolute minimum during the session. When I do it, they still have to hit enter to send the message, but you can make it so that subjects don't have to -- the y or n can be enough.

I'd also suggest doing this with flash. There's a tool called Stencyl that makes it easy to make flash games. With that, you could do the same sort of induction, but include MP3s. Allow the subject to hear you speaking, include some binaural beats or pink noise or whatever, and have some soothing hypnotic patterns on the screen, and it might make for a deeper trance.

I've noticed that the more I get subjects to move around, the more likely they are to come out of trance. Particularly with me myself, which is unfortunate as I'm ADHD and pretty much unable to sit still. But it does seem more effective when you get a subject to only move a few fingers rather than having to move their entire arm.

Neat idea, I've seen a couple similar ideas in various places before. Couldn't get my browser to load it, but I popped it open in a text editor- I've never gotten these to work, but yours might do the trick.

This reminds me a bit of the stuff at hypno.nimja.com which is pretty good. Haven't used it in probably years though, not sure if anything's changed.

On 11/7/2016 at 8:20 PM, tonal said:

This reminds me a bit of the stuff at hypno.nimja.com which is pretty good. Haven't used it in probably years though, not sure if anything's changed.

I have to say it's a nice site. It also contains a few animal transformation files! :biggrin:

Wasn't able to get into a complete trance, but did managed to relax a bit. Very in-depth, and I may experiment with the text a bit more. :)

So a "choose your own hypno adventure story" you say? Very curious indeed... An interesting concept, I'd be interested in seeing how it works out for people