Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sushi

more about tulpas

Hypnosis sends instructions to the subconscious, moderated by the conscious.

Why do you call them "instructions," as opposed to, for example, "suggestions"?

Hypnosis is not the only way to get instructions to the subconscious; it's just that it's far more effective than most methods.

I never assumed otherwise.

Tulpas and the willpower of the individual are alternate methods, the former being also rather effective and the latter being usually weak but quite effective in conjunction with the former.

I am skeptical of the ability of one's tulpas to influence one's subconscious without hypnosis' involvement, especially in cases in which one is analytical.

With my case, it is or at least was the subconscious using a mix of my instructions and its own ideas.

How do you know what your subconscious' ideas were?  Did your tulpa express them to you (in a manner in which you could consciously perceive)?

The evidence is that tulpas created through hypnosis are actually lacking that proximity, if the idea that they compete with their creator for brain power is true.

The proximity appears to be fairly standard in tulpas, though through willpower alone it can be enhanced as I did with mine.

Does conscious activity require many more mental resources than subconscious activity does?

Do you imply that such proximity is usually greater for tulpas who are created non-hypnotically?

Instructions, suggestions, close enough words.

Why would tulpas be less effective than hypnosis?

By their very nature, they should be more effective if the tulpamancer is compotent.

If hypnosis is writing a letter to a company, then a tulpa is having a friend in that company.

It's hard to tell what the ideas of my subconscious are based on a tulpa that isn't even tangible, but it seems to carry on with my ideas after I've forgotten them, especially when it comes to modifying my personality.

I would suppose that the reason the hypnotic tulpas were more mentally straining than normal tulpas might be to do with where the instructions of hypnosis embed themselves.

The way I see it, hypnotic instruction requires domination of the conscious to affect the subconscious, and thus the instructions for hosting a tulpa heavily affect the conscious; perhaps that file caused the subconscious to make the conscious focus on the tulpa in the same way that the tulpa was focused on during the file.

So that would mean that normal tulpas are based mostly in the subconscious, while for hypnotic tulpas the conscious is doing a lot of the heavy labour.

The way I see it, hypnotic instruction requires domination of the conscious to affect the subconscious, and thus the instructions for hosting a tulpa heavily affect the conscious; perhaps that file caused the subconscious to make the conscious focus on the tulpa in the same way that the tulpa was focused on during the file.

Elucidate "domination of the conscious."  Does it refer to inhibiting the conscious such that it would not prevent suggestions from affecting the subconscious?

Elucidate "domination of the conscious."  Does it refer to inhibiting the conscious such that it would not prevent suggestions from affecting the subconscious?

Probably more like getting the conscious to relay the message. It would better explain why unexpected and unwanted suggestions are caught, and why listening to a particularly advanced file can require repeated use.

In hypnosis, the conscious often plays a large part in carrying out the instructions since often getting the conscious to do stuff alongside the subconscious works just fine; so if it's had tulpamancy instructions designed exclusively for the subconscious written into it, you've got a mess on your hands.

this seems relevent to a project I had rather recently st arted,and had come here to see what others thought of my "bad" idea.

, ,

years ago, I had used the companion files; what I had intended to create was a female fox to help with various things, I had named her Elizabeth , liz for short, and had some success in her manifestation.

now, the "fun" part, from her, something that had been a part of me my hole life began to gain form, I came to call him shaide (he named himself and taught me how to spell it). we used to be at odds ends to each other, but now I listen to him as my "better half".

I, that is, "we", or mostly him, had a solution to our almost life long dream of a fox tf. we would merge, or essentially replace my personality with his, because he IS everything I want to be.

I would proceed without hesitation on his word alone, but the brain doesn't come with an undo function (thays how I got here in the first place). knowing full well i could be commited on what I've said already, I'm interested in hearing the opinion of someone who would believe that shaide is something other than a mental condition.

I had planned to use a combination of traditional auto-hypnotics, modern NLP, and the much less popular methods of a stage hypnotist, or what I think of a "forced hypnotics" which use resistance as the driving method for induction.

given, obvious problems like a general loss of control could occor, but ultimately lossing a bad person like me for something better like him wouldn't be all that bad; and maybe we could gain some skill in the things I have trouble with that he taunts me for not having the gall to (magic,performance, and live hypnosis)

so, given I'm a wingnut, what do you'all think?

ps: posting from a phone, can't preview post, sorry about the errors.

acidfang   

Seriously... About 3 months ago I half considered doing something like this. I decided to take up binge watching Netflix instead. I didn't use any hypnotic aids but I'm not really sure why I stopped about a week in. My goal was to improve on my personality by fusing with a tulpa designed to fill in some of my weaker traits while keeping my mind mostly in control... As well as allowing me to become my fursona. Anyway your experience sounds interesting but I would definitely say it's not a good idea to give in letting a tulpa consume you. In the end if you loose your self what have you gained?

Seriously... About 3 months ago I half considered doing something like this. I decided to take up binge watching Netflix instead. I didn't use any hypnotic aids but I'm not really sure why I stopped about a week in. My goal was to improve on my personality by fusing with a tulpa designed to fill in some of my weaker traits while keeping my mind mostly in control... As well as allowing me to become my fursona. Anyway your experience sounds interesting but I would definitely say it's not a good idea to give in letting a tulpa consume you. In the end if you loose your self what have you gained?

I personally consider it a better question to ask what I have to lose, to which the answer is honestly nothing.I'm a practiced entertainer, magician, and mentalist, that hates people and himself to much to actually do what I'm good at, which isn't helping my near destitute/homeless condition.(lifes expensive) sink or swim, changes need to be made.

additionally, I wouldn't call Shaide a tulpa, mostly because I just learned the word two days ago...I would more closely define him as what carl jung would call "the shadow". Elizabeth was a tulpa, and as my companion she was terrified of Shaide; however as my need for her and her presence faded, Shaide remained exactly as he had always been, my other half. I don't assume to understand it, but I've never been without shaide, its just since I defined liz that I really started to think about it; before that I had just assumed that I was crazy, schizophrenic, or whatever...

I don't "hear a voice" in my head, its like the root of thought for witch we have created words, a truth that my mind then translates to words. he already controls the nerve damaged parts of my body, mosty just

pain receptors and a busted knee thats been healing for years. (my scars hurt when I'm upset with myself) I wouldn't even call him spiteful, if ask him to stop he does, he'll shut up and leave me to myself.

I still think its a pretty decent idea, only the semantics of the whole thing confuse me. I wonder conceptually what it would be like, and in that unsure thought I worry because I've never been controlled in the slightest much less replaced/be dissolved into another personality. i imagine it would feel rather odd, but even in feeling anything your still conscious too some extent...I guess it might be a bit like dieing, but without the pain.

but yeah, letting a tulpa take over completely would be a terrible idea. especially if you tulpa was a poorly created creature or something like a MLP character that yells all the time or has a blurry face.

acidfang   

I'm mostly just surprised that I had the same idea as shaide About merging In order to preform a tf. It seems like I think a lot like several people here.