Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gevad

Culture Based Auditory Hallucinations Content

5 posts in this topic

I don't know much about tulpas, so I'm not sure if this relates or not.  Just some interesting info for everyone.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/july/voices-culture-luhrmann-071614.html

Stanford anthropologist Tanya Luhrmann found that voice-hearing experiences of people with serious psychotic disorders are shaped by local culture – in the United States, the voices are harsh and threatening; in Africa and India, they are more benign and playful. This may have clinical implications for how to treat people with schizophrenia, she suggests.

Great to know I'm crazy. It only happed once I was half asleep when I heard someone call my name and I was the only one in the house. The voice it's self was unfamiliar and called me by the name my family calls me. Later after telling my parents about it my dad claims to have heard his dead mother call to him about a year later.

Crazy?  You've been touched by god!  Rejoice in your higher, new level in society.

It's does make sense with a lot of cases of people hearing voices in the past too. Just an example, probably a lousy one but he was the first to come to mind, Son of Sam claimed, at least at first, claimed a dog was commanding him to kill the people, along with the findings that US voices tend to be harsh, he lived in the New York he would be used to more aggressive voices.

And going to the opposite end of the spectrum Joan of Ark's voices would be more Godlike since she grew up in 100-Year-War France which was pretty extreme about religion.

OK make that 2 times this time I was more asleep than awake and it was my dad's voice. please note we don't live in the same country. Also managed to hear birds chirping and water running while in meditation. It doesn't have anything to do with the story but it is kinda cool to manipulate your senses or at least as long as you can control it.