Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WaffleFox

Nintendo Discussion

Okay, let's get this out of the way. I'm a Nintendo Fanboy.  :lovestruck:

A lot of announcements and releases have happened recently that a lot of people have anticipated and are still anticipating. Most recently in big Nintendo News: Hyrule Warriors was released, Majora's Mask 3D was announced, Smash Brothers for 3DS and Wii-U was released, and the first game-play footage of the 2015 Wii-U Zelda game was shown at the 2014 Game Awards ceremony, along with confirmation of a new Star Fox game: 

What are your favorite Nintendo announcements? Trailers? New games? Let's talk Nintendo, people!  ^_^

Interesting. I may have to get a 2ds if they didn't screw up my Majora's Mask, although they made a few comments about changes. I'm wary but if they fixed that damned water temple, I'll be a happy man. If they made the Kafei quest less time consuming, I'll be happy. As for the other announcements, I'm more of a "huh that looks cool but so far it still doesn't seem good enough for me to spend money on a console for the game." Maybe I'll be wrong but I doubt it. Then again, I'm a bit of a pessimist when it comes to the gaming industry and have moved to pretty much computer games only. I personally don't even own any of the current generation consoles.

Interesting. I may have to get a 2ds if they didn't screw up my Majora's Mask, although they made a few comments about changes. I'm wary but if they fixed that damned water temple, I'll be a happy man. If they made the Kafei quest less time consuming, I'll be happy. As for the other announcements, I'm more of a "huh that looks cool but so far it still doesn't seem good enough for me to spend money on a console for the game." Maybe I'll be wrong but I doubt it. Then again, I'm a bit of a pessimist when it comes to the gaming industry and have moved to pretty much computer games only. I personally don't even own any of the current generation consoles.

The changes probably go beyond a few. Originally, they handed Majora's Mask over to Aonuma and said "you have a year to make it" to which he promptly said: "Well... shit."

What came out of the process was an amazing, but really short and incomplete game. Aonuma is going back and adding in a bunch of stuff he didn't have time to do when he was making the original N64 game, and honestly I'm completely open to that. Majora's Mask was an incomplete game anyways, I'm glad Aonuma is going back and trying to complete it. :)

I just hope they don't add another level of time to Majora's Mask 3D or make the game noticeably easier. I like my 6 day runs :c

Yeah, but you have to remember, the three day cycle makes it really inaccessible to a wider audience. It might sound insane to fans of the game, but a lot of people just can't get past the three day thing, because it makes them feel tense (wake up call: the moon is falling, of course it's tense). So there might be an optional "casual gamer mode" for all the casuals, while all the normal people play the normal and Master Quest modes. :)

I'm interested on the new star fox game and I wonder what the story line is gunna be because there are possibly going to be 4 new characters or more. In addition with new graphics, content, and a bunch of other stuff that will make it worthwhile. Its still in its tiny development stage and I think nintendo might have found a third party to help create it; Which is gunna take a lot of time and probably not gonna see any results until further in the year.

I'm interested on the new star fox game and I wonder what the story line is gunna be because there are possibly going to be 4 new characters or more. In addition with new graphics, content, and a bunch of other stuff that will make it worthwhile. Its still in its tiny development stage and I think nintendo might have found a third party to help create it; Which is gunna take a lot of time and probably not gonna see any results until further in the year.

As long as they don't pull an Other M, we'll be fine...

It's Miyamoto, I doubt that'll happen. I'm just hoping he revitalizes the game as I highly enjoyed star fox 64, vaguely remember adventures and never got any of the mobile games.

Yeah, other M is the only metroid in the series i have not beat. I got stuck in a gamebreaker bug and just can't be bothered to start over. really tho the game just didn't seem to fix with the rest.

More smash. We need more smash. And Mewtwo.

Smash getting DLC is pretty exciting.  Probably won't see many characters you wouldn't expect in the base game, but getting characters and possibly maps that didn't make the return would bring back some good memories.