Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SilverWolf

Chlorene gas attack at Midwest Furfest convention

Seen a news broadcast about it online and was disgusted. 14 people sent to hospital. The attack itself was at a hotel, and not at the actual convention center. What are your guy's thoughts?

Yikes!  Hopefully it was some idiots playing around thinking it would be funny instead of an actual attack trying to kill people. 

It turned out well for some people:

But attendees seemed to think the evacuation was part of the fun — particularly those who recalled being herded into the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center as it was hosting a dog show.  "In walk all these people dressed like dogs and foxes," said Pieter Van Hiel, a 40-year-old technical writer from Hamilton, Canada, chuckling as he thought back to the scene.

From http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/07/chlorine-gas-furries/20071343/

Just a note: 19 people were sent to the hospital, not 14. :(

Yikes!  Hopefully it was some idiots playing around thinking it would be funny instead of an actual attack trying to kill people. 

It turned out well for some people:

From http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/07/chlorine-gas-furries/20071343/

Sadly, it appears people WERE trying to kill people. I don't know anyone stupid enough to think Chlorine is a joke, it kind of kills people. I honestly think that there was someone there who was not mentally stable and actually wanted to kill the people there (perhaps the furries specifically). I wouldn't be surprised if a religious extremist or other such close-minded person tried to kill everyone there to cleanse the gene pool or something crazy like that. Honestly, I can't see any other motivation for the attack than extreme hate towards furries.

Edit: in other news, some dumb lady from MSNBC didn't know what a furry was, and when told she ran off set and laughed her ass off... #immature, am I right? At least she left to laugh though... because if it was Fox News instead of MSNBC, they would've sat there and talked about how furries are godless animal fucking homos and deserved the attack. XD

I've heard about this a while ago and I was angered by this attack for not because they're furries or anything else that reflects a person but it's just i'm heavily against murder or Disgraceful terrorism. I know people that hate and love or like the fandom but i'm not sure why anyone would go this far to actually kill another person. I truly hope this won't continue for not only just for our community but others as well; hopefully no other organization needs to go through with these attacks and I hope this would be the last.

It's things like this that make me self conscious about being furry. Lots of people are messed up in the head, and it's not us ;)

Hard to say. There are very different types of furries, and the most common kind (raging fetishist) seems pretty messed up in the head to me.

Hard to say. There are very different types of furries, and the most common kind (raging fetishist) seems pretty messed up in the head to me.

Seconded. Sadly they are a loud minority, maybe, but there are the kind of furry that use the fandom as an excuse and degrade it to a fetish - and I can probably pull up examples of people who need serious psychological help but think it's okay I'm supposed to be like this because they are furry.

Seconded. Sadly they are a loud minority, maybe, but there are the kind of furry that use the fandom as an excuse and degrade it to a fetish - and I can probably pull up examples of people who need serious psychological help but think it's okay I'm supposed to be like this because they are furry.

With not a single utterance, one name echoed throughout the thread: "Pamperchu".

Furthermore, I got curious to see how much of 8chan's /furry/ are actually furries, and how many are people who just have a related fetish as you said.

How to find out? Attempt to turn the former against the latter.

https://8chan.co/furry/res/140814.html

*grabs popcorn and lawnchair*