Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gevad

Multiple Bodies?

6 posts in this topic

Do you guys know if it's more effective to link multiple file bodies together in one session or only do one effect per trance?  So go under once and try three effects or go under, try one, wake up, go under again, try number two, wake up, go under, try number three, then wake up again?

I'd guess that it's fine to link multiple bodies together, but inserting deepeners between each would be helpful. 

Editing files together is simply physically/technologically in something like audacity but without a good understanding of hypnosis I'd advise you not to do it...

Each file script, if it's good, will have tie ins between each defined section so that they blur together neatly - each part of a trance is not a universal puzzle piece so stitching bits together from multiple places would be incredibly difficult, even if the files were all by the same author.

If you want to try out multiple files and their different effects I'd say do one one day, another the next and then another the next. There's no need to rush into it or try and do them all consecutively. Edited files may be jumpy and jar you awake and consecutive trances could do anything from be super effective to be numbing and make the latter ones useless (more likely the latter of the two situations would happen).

If you want some custom combination of effects then you're looking at a custom file or live work with a hypnotist.

Besides all of that, if the effects of the file bodies are wildly different, waking up between them to let the suggestions sink in would probably help anyway.

The absolute minimum I would suggest for running two file bodies together would be a kind of bridging file, where it wakes you up fully or partially and then drops you back into trance for the next file body, but practicing with one file until you're getting good results before moving on would still be my recommendation :3 or a live session or custom file.

Most of what I'm listening to are self modified scripts converted to audio using espeak, so no jarring changes there.  I found it annoying that the induction I prefer is 19 minutes long, the bodies are around 5 minutes, and the awakeners around 7.  It seemed wasteful to add 26 minutes to every body and hypnosis shows always have people doing multiple things...

But I guess I am trying to rush things and should probably pull back.  Maybe the first trigger I should learn is a go-into-trance trigger.

Really if you are distracted with other things such as TV or video games you wouldn't be required to use an introduction. If you are zoned out then you are in a trance. The analytical method for hypnosis is to distract the conscious mind before delivering the message. I would suggest you try listening to the messages you wish as background noise at a lower volume as not to distract you from the media you are using. You could even play multiple files on loop just as long as you don't think about them, in theory at least.

That sounds like it could be counter-productive if you include the inductions.  You'd be hearing them but not following their advice about relaxing, sort-of training yourself to ignore them.  Would that make it harder to go into trance later?