Sign in to follow this  
bejoja

How long did it take you to get good results from hypnosis?

bejoja   

Hi all! I'm just wondering, when you first started using hypnosis, how long did it take you to get good (or any) results? I've been listening to a few files for about 4 or 5 days now but they haven't really done anything for longer than a couple of seconds or that amazing. Is this normal? Does it depend on the file? Answers are appreciated :)

Edited by bejoja

Din   

For me I wouldn't get any feeling after the files, just some feeling during the files. But what I found to be helpful to me is to think about how your tail would feel in your day to day life. I started off by whenever I would sit I would think about moving my tail to one side so that I would't be sitting on it. Now I just think about the position or where my tail would in everything I do. Hope this was helpful. ^_^

Edited by Din

acidfang   

There are several variables when using files you level of trance, acceptance of the scripts, doubt of effect, lack of desire, lack of trust with the hypnotist, general nervousness, etc.

I feel that I have better effects preforming self hypnosis but then again I got my start from transformation meditation which is essentially the same thing.

One of the biggest problems is self doubt, if you don't believe the desired effect is possible then it will be very hard to get results. Believe in yourself and in what you are trying to achieve.

bejoja   

Thank you both the the tips and information, it's very helpful :) I'll try out thinking about how my tail would be positioned if I had one, maybe it'll help :)

And  regarding the several variables, I think that my big limiting factor in general nervousness. Not of the hypnosis, but of being interrupted. I still need to find a way around this.

And again, thanks!

Edited by bejoja

bejoja   

Yea, well, that's the desired result anyway. I keep being nervous where ever or not I will not get interrupted, which interrupts me :/

Oh, and actually, I think that there are a few files that can help you see an illusion as well, but it's incredibly hard to do.

Din   

Something that might help with seeing an illusion of yourself, the way you want to see yourself, might be to go into a room that is so dark that you literally can't see the hand in front of your face. Then know that your hand is front of your face and kind of imagine how it would look the way you want it to look. You'd be surprised how much you can see in total darkness.

• Like 1

Sabre   

From my experience, I generally haven't seen results from files I've tried, with maybe two exceptions in all. I had almost immediate success with a live hypnosis session though :3 I think I just need someone who can adapt to how I'm going.

With files, it very much depends on the file and the listener, some will work right away, sometimes it takes regular practice to see any results. To keep control of that nervousness, also, see if you can work out exactly what you're nervous about and why. If you're worried about being interrupted, you can always just restart a file after the interruption, or sometimes just continue right on with it if you're somewhat in trance at the time still :3 once you've worked out why you're nervous about being interrupted, it'll probably be easier to work around :3

Sador   

While I haven't had much success, I'll say that the overall experience while listening to a file is pretty nice. So currently when I have the time, I listen to the file to only enjoy the 30 minutes or however long the file is, should I start getting more permanent results, that would be a very BIG bonus :D speaking of, been a while since I last tried a file...

sushi   

I know I'm joining these conversations months late, but I'll throw my two cents in.

I've been doing a variety of hypnosis stuff for years now, and haven't gotten much in the way of results. A few months ago, I discovered that this was probably because of my ADHD -- I've heard from a number of people who were very difficult to hypnotize until their ADHD was medicated. This may be a factor for some of you who are having trouble as well.