Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kayab

Some question about forum

Hi
I know, that i'm really new on that forum (especially if all of us know, that the forum has 7 years o.O). At first, I wanted just write that 10 posts and never return there, but i'm starting to like that place and become involve some way. I hope, that I have chance to meet new interesting people, but I'm a bit worried, that i can see , forum is quite calm... really calm... strangely calm... I know, that everyone has many duties etc. but can somebody (If someone's still here) answer me is that forum's still alive and is that place is always that calm or is it caused by something. I know i can be intrustive, but i just want to know on what am I staying. I've read quite many of older posts and i just think you are fascinating people, but i prefer not to waste my time if all of that people, all of you (now approximately 990 i think) just went away. ANd again i hope i'm not tiring :)

Yeah the forums are usually this calm. Normally posts start happening when someone asks for help with trance or something similar. Every so often someone will post something interesting that starts conversations or sometimes arguments that go on for a while but after the issue is resolved things die down again.

I'm certainly not the big forum bug I used to be surfing all over the web and busing myself on forums but I come on here every day and there are 2 or 3 new posts.

No, it's not busy but it's quality over quantity.

How active would people prefer it or require it to be?

I don't feel that 2-3 new posts a day seems like such a low number for this kind of community. I'd be surprised if there were more than 10

Actually it has been higher recently - which is nice to see the staff's work paying off to be honest. So far we are still maintaining that nice close knit feel too where everyone speaks to and about everyone else as if we were all friends around a table - that is something I never want this place to lose.

How active would people prefer it or require it to be?

My views are active when there's something to be active about.  Being active with nothing useful wastes peoples' time.  Though the down side is it's harder to judge if a topic is too old to post in. 

My views are active when there's something to be active about.  Being active with nothing useful wastes peoples' time.  Though the down side is it's harder to judge if a topic is too old to post in. 

So long as your contribution is more than just "*nods* I agree*" and is actually a contribution to the topic then it may not be too old.

Just depends on what you have to add to it.

So long as your contribution is more than just "*nods* I agree*" and is actually a contribution to the topic then it may not be too old.

Just depends on what you have to add to it.

*posted two years later*

*Nods* I agree.

On a more serious note, most often it's better to start a new post and reference back to that discussion (with a possible link) if the discussion is significantly old.