Sign in to follow this  
tzeneth

What are you currently reading?

What's the current book you're reading at the moment? I figured there's one about music, might as well hit on what books everyone is reading. I don't care whether it's fiction or non-fiction. Also, add if it's a good read, boring, or something that's just starting to get interesting.

Currently just finished: Guns Germs, and Steel  My Opinion: I liked it and found it interesting for the most part. It's also an interesting take on the developmental history of how society developed and some fo the reasons why the Eurasian continent ended up being the source of most of the major powers.

I am currently reading a series of books. I believe it is called the Thuria saga. The first book is called The Rescue. It was a great book with anthro characters. It took me a while to get used to the way it was written (I don't read books too often) but once you get used to it, you understand why it is written that way.

I'm currently reading the second one, The Aftermath, and so far it is still really good.

I am currently reading a series of books. I believe it is called the Thuria saga. The first book is called The Rescue. It was a great book with anthro characters. It took me a while to get used to the way it was written (I don't read books too often) but once you get used to it, you understand why it is written that way.

Is it possible for you to describe what you mean by "the way it was written" or would that be too much of a spoiler issue?

It was third person and through out the chapter it would switch to different locations to show what some characters were doing and some times it would go back in time slightly to show what 2 different characters were doing at the same time in 2 different places.

The last book I read before this one was Mockingjay maybe 4 years ago and the writing styles are completely different so it felt weird to me at first.

i've just read my favorite book again. It's called "Crystalicum - known universe". Unfortunately there is only one book (end of it was quite open T.T), and it's only in polish i think, but i love that history and all world that exist in book. And there are anthro animals too ;)

I'm currently reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy... I'm on book 1 of 6 (see what I did there?). But college is in the way so It'll be a long time before I finish.

At the moment I am reading 3 different course books.

Atkinson & Hilgard's Introduction To Psychology,

Psykiatria (Psychiatry in English) published by Duodecim, and

Soili Poijula's Lapsi ja kriisi (Child and Crisis).

The trilogy of His Dark Material from Phillip Pullman. Fantasy books who bring  us in parallel universe where human's souls are under animal form beside us (called dæmon), can speak and play. Adventure is on road, who make us discover witch, armored polar bear and  attaching characters   Decorated by some idea of physic, philosophy and theology, this trilogy his one of the best, if its not the best I ever read.  

Ps this can sounds strange but I think that is could be possible to see those dæmon almost like some person can see the aura of someone else. Anyway the Thurian saga looks interesting. Hope that I could find this Saga in french to completely be in the story ^^

The Ring of Fire series by Eric Flint. It's an alternate history series that centres around the modern day, as of the first book's publishing around 2000, town of Grantville West Virginia after it gets transported back in time to the Thirty Years War, 1632 specifically which is the title of the first book. The town appears right in the middle of war torn Thuringia and they have to survive against the multitudes of problems that brings, along with the fact that a number of them want to bring the modern ideals of freedom to the era.

The characters are really well written and the people from 1632 are as reluctant and hard-headed about accepting any ideas that would result in power loss for them as you would expect.

I'm currently reading Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. I was first introduced to Gaiman's stories when I watched Coraline, which was based on a book he wrote. Then I saw the Doctor Who episodes The Doctor's Wife and A Nightmare in Silver, both of which were written by Neil Gaiman. Since I enjoyed his dark and bizarre style, I've decided to read Neverwhere and so far I'm enjoying it. Trying to describe what the book is about is difficult...I would say it's about a perfectly average man who gets shoved into this odd adventure with a mysterious and magical London beneath the real-life London in England, and he decides to help the people he meets while trying not to be killed by all the things in London Below that he doesn't understand.

Recently, a friend recommended a book called "The Nerdist Way: Leveling Up in Real Life" to me. And it's been good so far. I got it free off of Audible. And even more recently, my roommate lent me his copy of "The Ethical Slut". Both a kinda self-help books mixed with tips for living a fulfilling life. 

Currently reading "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" - just love this book :) It can bring a smile to my face at all times.

The Destroyermen series by Taylor Anderson.

WW2 destroyer gets sent to alternate, hell-on-earth, earth and make friends with some Lemur-dudes and enemies with some Lizard-dudes.

It's a fun read, especially if you like Navy things.

I am not sure if anyone here is familiar with it, but i just finished reading a book called "Bait and Switch" by Austen Crowder.  its very relevant to the site, as its main theme is personal transformation.  her new book is coming out in a few weeks; i am awaiting it patiently. 

Other than studies on lucid dreaming, I've been reading King Solomon's Mines. Highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in adventure novels!

Recently finished devouring every novel i could get my hands on by Jim Butcher.  The Dresden Files was possibly my favorite series of all time.   The Codex series was less fun,  but had interesting elements to it,  and the Aeronaut's Windlass was more of the Jim Butcher I came to love from reading dresden, just in a different setting.   I highly recommend The Dresden Files to anyone who  is a fan of fantasy and hasnt read it.