Senoji

How did you come up with your fursona?

20 posts in this topic

This is me just being curious, but like the topic being said "How did you come up with your fursona"?  Did you just sit down and think what you wanted to be or does the fursona explain a past event occuring to you.

For mine, my fursona is a confident, intelligent, and heroic husky for the simple reasoning of imagining what I wish I could be like.

I'm not too creative so I'm just a generic red fox.

I started out as a fox, not for a lack of thought going into my species, it's just what felt right at the time.

About 11 months later, I happened upon a picture of a dingo. I'd been fond of them beforehand, but I was at a bit of a turning point in my life where I'd made a huge decision in my education and was finally pushing myself to become more social, so there was a gradual change from fox to dingo :3 My fur pattern came from me experimenting with colours another 3 years later while trying to put together a colour reference from a neighbour's lineart of me, mostly based on my SL avatar from 200...or possibly 08, not sure which year the dingo avatars were released.

I actually got mine from a Web Comic, haha :P

It's not the most creative thing in the world, no, but I'm happy with it and I like it :)

(By the way, it's a wolf who is also an assassin)

Edited by bejoja
1 person likes this

So first I meet someone here with my alt, a kitsune with 3 tails, now my main a wolf assassin. I guess I'm officially unoriginal :'(... Which comic?

Oh wow, both your fursonas? What are the odds? Haha! And it happens to be a wolf assassin as well :P.

And the comic is called TwoKinds

What's even funnier is I called it zen based off my world of warcraft shaman zenbrez before I ever found two kinds. However the skill set comes more from elder scrolls summoned weapons and sorts.

My kitsune archaes is named for my world of warcraft mage who also has the skill set of an arcane mage.

It's been a few years since I quit wow somewere around 2010...whenever rift came out. I only started following two kinds this year or so... Still it's kinda funny how I decided to associate the names seeing as they both were random generator based. I guess I should try to be more creative.

As far as the skill set, I basically roll play depending on which name I go with were zen will be more of an illusion/Archer assassin and archaes is more wards and fire balls.

Darn it now I want to play skyrealm again.

Edited by acidfang

He was originally a human with some fox parts (ears, legs, tail, and a few hints on other parts). He evolved over time (after an entire scrapped universe) and I eventually made him full anthro (also deleted all the previous backstory I had and started from scratch). He got a backstory, then I trashed it in favor of the random backstory that developed over time from IRC roleplaying that happened. I ended up as a bio-mechanical android from the future. Yeah, it's weird. XD

Also he shapeshifts because sexiness. xD

Mines kinda just forming itself naturally i guess
nothing pushing me in any real direction

My original Fursona was an Albino German Shepard, but I changed it to an Otter before hitting the fandom. Im playful and mischievous at times so it fits :P Also I took a character from one of my stories and used it as my fursona

I had developed a wolf trough a good number of books, but ended up switching to this to better match my likings and for the fluff

Pro tip: don't expect a fursona chosen for sexual reasons to stick, as it is unlikely to be truly representative. I found this out after several months of lurking, and was told in summer 2008 that a horse fursona didn't suit me and I seemed more like a fox. It simply clicked and I have been an anthro red fox type ever since. It feels so integral to who I am now that it is hard to say if 'furry' or 'otherkin' is the more appropriate term for me. Maybe a little bit of each. I do not see my fursona choice changing any time soon. It should be noted that although I found foxes interesting and having a certain allure, as it were, it was not until 2008 that I considered myself in any way linked on that sort of level to being one. Yet looking back, there are aspects of my childhood that can be interpreted as being indicators of a furry self within. I think, however, that that is a retroactive filter placed on my memories by the strength of my current self-identity, and it is more accurate to say that either I chose to be a fox, or perhaps more romantically, it chose me, in 2008.

A few of my friends discovered that I was a furry and gave me some advice on animals that I might like, which eventually ended with me creating the fox I am today.
 Not exactly creative, but I'm happy none the less.

The animal that speaks to you at one point in life might give way to something else later on, at least in my experience... though I don't think that invalidates the first one.  That said, my fursona's a skunk :P 

Oh man here we go. Originally my character -may- have maybe been a sonic OC. My only real defense here is that I was maybe 13 at the time and I grew out of it eventually.

I've been through a few changes here and there. Use to be a dragon in some form or another. But due to recent events I felt I needed something new and fresh, but also something I could attach traits to symbolize my life up to this point. A few points extra of fun, and add in my attraction to otters at the time and it all just kind of worked together in what is now a  demonically 'cursed' otter.

I came up with my fursona: Dewclaw Silvertail and based him around my love for wolves. I based him also on my personality, likes and dislikes

I came up with my species after a long and grueling process. I limited it down to a fox and a rabbit anthro. After days of thought (With a few personality tests to help) I decided on a fox. To be honest, I do regret not being a rabbit, but hey a fox is sweet I guess.