Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kiss shot

Human Voice or Text to Speech

28 posts in this topic

The main problem I find with TTS is that the voices are a little too jarring for me, although it could be that I haven't found the right voice for it yet in files I've tried.

On the other hand, a lot of amateur hypnotists and file recorders, in any combination of the following: use low-quality microphones, no noise reduction in their environment, don't know how/don't bother to filter the pops and humming out of their recordings, or have too thick or different of an accent for me to be able to really carry on.

It's really rather hit or miss either way, which is unfortunate.

Posted (edited)

It's somewhat of a toss up for me. I have a loop that I've been regularly listening to for about three years that uses TTS, sometimes it can help depending on the scenario you're going for (Drone TF, Robot etc.) However generally I prefer a human voice only because a real person can put emphasis on the way they speak, which if the person has the knack for it, can contribute to a deeper trance much more effectively. It's very situational because there are some human made files I find to be very dull and boring, and some TTS files that I find to be jarring or awkward. 

Edited by RubberDoggo
Typoooo D: