Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainbow Kitsune

Robin Williams found dead from apparent suicide

It's always sad when someone that played a role in our lives dies, much less by suicide. Robin Williams always made audiences laugh and it is hard to imagine that he himself was suffering so badly that he was forced to take his own life. Depression is a horrible thing and has claimed so many lives.

To me, Robin is best remembered as his role as the genie in Aladdin and as the star of Patch Adams. He is such a great actor and that is why most of us could not tell he was in pain. He hid it too well. We will miss him dearly and I hope he has found the peace he has been wishing for.

Often the happiest person on the outside, is the saddest on the inside.

To quote Robin Williams as Leslie Zevo in 'Toys', singing the Mirror Song,

"Looking forward into the old days,
Looking back at what there will be.
There's no reality, just an illusion.
There's no real sanity, just plain confusion!

How do I feel?
What is real?
How do I feel?
Surreal, surreal, surreal..."

I'm so horribly sad that he died and suicide makes it so much worse... it silently consumed him until there was nothing left and convinced him death is the only answer.

I grew up with your movies. Aladin, Mrs Doubtfire, Robots and Patch Adams being my favourites. You taught me there's always a silver lining and that laughter can do wonderful things. Guess the joke's on us as you were Pogliacci all along.

Sleep well Robin... you will be sorely missed.

Right when I heard about it in august, it was a total shock for me and many other people I knew about it. I always thought that he was a positive guy who brightens every ones day and never doubt anything but turns out I was wrong. Seems really painful to see the people that you were inspired by and suddenly be gone. I sort of wish he was still around though.