Sign in to follow this  
Din

Help with imagination

Whenever I listen to a file they always say to imagine/visualize yourself as the animal but I never see anything in my head.

I feel like this is because I lack an imagination and creativity. I've never been able to come up with anything off the top of my head or how to start something, like even figuring out how to start this post was a huge struggle for me. When I do make something that looks like it would take some creativity I usually sorta copy someone else design. Is there anything that can help me to develop an imagination or become more crative possibly?

Unless you're crazy-deep, you won't literally see anything more than irrelevant smudges.

But I take it you're talking about the form.

Imagination is largely memory recalling, short-term especially, so look at more furry images shortly before trance.

Another thing that may help is to take a dictionary and flip through, pick 3 random words or things and write them down. Just the first three you land on. From the moment you write them all down, try to link them together somehow into an idea :3 Don't necessarily worry about visualisation just yet, take it one step at a time.

Example: Orange, flamingo, steam locomotive. One idea from this might be a flamingo with orange feathers who drives a train, or a pink flamingo who drives a steam-powered orange juice train, or any number of things :3

If one combination doesn't work, try another, and so on. When you're coming up with ideas a little bit faster, try to think of what they might look like individually (use pictures if it helps at first), then think of how they might look together, then how they'd look according to your idea.

I hope this helps in some way or another :3

• Like 2

That actually sounds like fun and considering I'm stating my first year in college next week I'm sure it would help me in  my English class because I'm not too good with coming up with ideas to wright about so this could help me with that too. Thanks for the suggestion. :w00t:

I've been looking at studies connected to visualization, and the only correlation that I've ever seen between visualization and something else was with drawing. You can't learn to draw and still be bad at visualizing. So learn to draw. Practice daily. It will help.