Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nayton

Nintendo Network

Nayton   

Does anyone here with a Wii U or 3DS use it? Anyone here like it? Anyone here dislike it?

I'm kind of neutral towards the service, but i do like that it's possible to download games from previous systems like the N64, GameBoy etc. Don't really care about Miiverse.

For those that don't know what Nintendo Network is.

Henry   

I am hardcore Nintendo fanboy so I definitely have a 3ds and Wii U. Although I never had much use for the Nintendo Network, I do like the miiverse just because I like to see all the creative drawings that people come up with as well as be automatically informed when a big game comes out just by looking at the Wii U menu.

I also loved the Check Mii Out Channel on the Wii because there were endless Miis that people made. I was in the top 100 Mii artisans of the US for a while and today I still enjoy creating Mii's although there is not really any way to share them anymore.

The eshop is incredible I love to be able to play Gameboy and NES games on the go on the 3ds but I still miss all the games on the Wii. You can still technically download them on the Wii emulator on the Wii U though. Also, according to Nintendo, N64 and Gamecube games will soon be coming to the Wii U eshop.

Nintendo TVii is useless in my opinion and I believe it is not even available in Europe.

Overall, I give it a 7 out of 10. Nice but not really spectacular.

Nayton   

I still enjoy creating Mii's although there is not really any way to share them anymore.

I heard that if two users are registered as friends they will be able to see each other's registered Mii's.

Palelija   

I heard that if two users are registered as friends they will be able to see each other's registered Mii's.

At least on Wii, Nintendo won't support that anymore. They also closed Wi-Fi services few months ago from both Wii and DS (no more MKW/DS online ;_; ).

Nayton   

They also closed Wi-Fi services few months ago from both Wii and DS (no more MKW/DS online ;_; ).

There has been news about a group starting a custom server that allows anyone to continue playing games like MKW/DS online. Not sure if it's true though.

Palelija   

There has been news about a group starting a custom server that allows anyone to continue playing games like MKW/DS online. Not sure if it's true though.

Now that you mention it, I have read the same news. I remember there was a website dedicated for safing Wi-Fi support for Wii and DS but I can't find it anymore.

Nayton   

Now that you mention it, I have read the same news. I remember there was a website dedicated for safing Wi-Fi support for Wii and DS but I can't find it anymore.

I've never discovered the name of the website, but there might be a video about it on youtube.

Din   

I haven't heard anything about Mario kart but I know they have already made alternate servers for super smash bros brawl and project M.