Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyo koto

Opinions and stuff goes here!

Kyo koto   

So I wanted to know how you found out about furies and what it means to you to be a furry. Who do you think is your greatest influence in our community? And another thing I wanted to ask is what does art mean to you? (music, drawings, paintings, dance, ect)

Henry   

Found out about furries through FurMorphed actually. I always had a fascination about transforming into animals and looked online for advancements in the ability to do so through virtual reality or other methods. I discovered that hypnosis was an option and soon after found my way to this fun little forum.

My greatest contribution as of now would probably be my art, but I am in the middle of making a furry themed animated series on YouTube. Hopefully that will have a large impact on the furry community.

Finally, I am impressed by all the passion that goes into the creative side of the fandom. Never have I seen so many people with the raw talent and creativity as furries. I am proud to say that the fandom has inspired me to pursue art and animation. I have dedicated my time and skills to further advance the art of the fandom. I only hope to inspire more people as they have inspired me.

Reynard   

I also found out about furries while researching human-to-animal transformations several years ago (I've wanted to be able to become a red fox for many years). ^_^   I love animal TF art (as long as it's clean: no dirty implications or anything like that).  I've been interested in cartooning since long before I knew of the furry fandom (I was hugely influenced by animated cartoons from the 1920's and early 1930's).  I may have gotten off topic a little with that last sentence. :oops:

I am going to answer the question about what art means to me, specifically regarding music as I am studying to teach music.

Music to me is more than just sound. It's more than just a way to relax and enjoy ones self. It is one of the greatest creations humans have ever and will ever create.

Music is a way to communicate. Not just across language barriers, but through time as well. I would say it is even more effective than literature. When a story must be told and retold unto eternity, we put it to song, allowing our ancestors a millennia ago to pass their knowledge directly to us today. 

Music is pure human emotion broadcasted to the world to be shared and experienced with everyone.

Music is my life, and I owe more to it than I can ever hope to repay.